FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Glissandos
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Keys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pianojuggler4  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:35 pm    Post subject: Glissandos Reply with quote

So I've been playing Centerfold for the last hour or so and I noticed that you dont actually need to hit all the notes in a glissando (hitting all the white keys between 2 notes really fast) to not break combo. The ones in that song go from G to G and i was able to intentionally not hit A and still keep combo.

I wasn't able to just arpeggio (GBDG) and get credit though, so I'm not exactly sure what the behavior is, nor do I know how this affects score.

Just thought it was interesting...

XBL GT: XRhythms
Azuarc  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed this doing the training for glissandos. I think the key is that you have to hit all the notes, but the timing doesn't have to be perfect since a glissando doesn't have exact timing.
Chimney  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For most Glissando sections you only need to hit the first note, then can hit any notes to cover the rest of the glissando. You also don't have to play them for the entire glissando. E.g. say it is an 8 note glissando, then you play the first note, then play whatever for say 3 notes (still fast though, you gotta play as quickly as the actual glissando) and this will make it so that you hit the entire thing.

It's important to note however, that the final note in many glissandos still needs to be hit. e.g. in the glissando before the horn solo in I got you (Ifeel good) live, you need to hit the first note, play whatever for the rest of it, then actually hit the final Fsharp or whatever it is and you have to hit it in time.
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank god to hear this!

I was worried that Glissandos would be like the tremelo picking/buzz rolls of keys (IE: basically random timing that the game forces you to hit perfectly) when I didn't see any "lane" mechanic for them (like we now have for rolls/trills/etc). It's great to know you don't have to hit them perfectly.
Moomoomoo1  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I'm finding them way easier to hit than they should be if they were just normal notes.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Azuarc wrote:
I noticed this doing the training for glissandos. I think the key is that you have to hit all the notes, but the timing doesn't have to be perfect since a glissando doesn't have exact timing.

Thank friggen' goodness for that. Anyone willing to get some experiments on video for proof?
pianojuggler4  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Azuarc wrote:

Pretty sure this is even wrong. You can pretty much trill on 2 notes and get credit. I think it checks that the first note is correct and probably the last note.

XBL GT: XRhythms
donutz0r  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confirming what pianojuggler4 said. In my experience, as long as the first note and last notes are hit, you can pretty much do whatever you want in between (assuming that the "whatever you want" falls in between the starting and ending point of the glissando).
DVDSmith  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this true for five-lane keys too?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about the late reply, but here's a good example I found:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRg1Qaxx9as

Skip to :37 for the first example.
jawnintendo  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DVDSmith wrote:

There are no Glissandos for 5 Lane Keys.

In the event of a code red, please do not orgasm over an accomplishment of an elite player. That is because the player is currently in the zone. You will run of out of jizz before he is finished.
Thank you for listening and please save all orgasms for the end of the ride.

Accomplishments | 17/82 Pro Guitar FCs | 70/83 Pro Bass FCs | 55/63 Pro Keys FCs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: jawnintendo
bclare  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jawnintendo wrote:
DVDSmith wrote:

Well essentially it would be charted as a fast scale, but you still need to hit all the notes.
jawnintendo  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bclare wrote:
jawnintendo wrote:
DVDSmith wrote:

Well essentially it would be charted as a fast scale, but you still need to hit all the notes.

The Glissandos in Roundabout are NOT charted in 5 Lane Keys. I would assume that this is true for other songs...

In the event of a code red, please do not orgasm over an accomplishment of an elite player. That is because the player is currently in the zone. You will run of out of jizz before he is finished.
Thank you for listening and please save all orgasms for the end of the ride.

Accomplishments | 17/82 Pro Guitar FCs | 70/83 Pro Bass FCs | 55/63 Pro Keys FCs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: jawnintendo
DarylZero  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose everyone's figured it out but I was directed to the RBN documentation so in case anyone hasn't seen it directly from Harmonix
Quote:

- Glissandos need to be authored in the PK part. The notes within a glissando should be white notes and evenly spaced between the beginning and end of the glissando. This is not always melodically accurate, but it looks cleaner.
- Glissandos work by turning off the scoring system for any notes below a glissando marker. This means, that all the player really has to do is hit any notes within the marker to be scored for it.
- Glissando markers are not usually placed over the first note of a glissando. We do this to encourage the player to actually attempt to play the glissando, instead of just mashing keys for free points.

http://creators.rockband.com/docs/Pro_Keyboard_Authoring

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarylZero wrote:
I suppose everyone's figured it out but I was directed to the RBN documentation so in case anyone hasn't seen it directly from Harmonix
Quote:

- Glissandos need to be authored in the PK part. The notes within a glissando should be white notes and evenly spaced between the beginning and end of the glissando. This is not always melodically accurate, but it looks cleaner.
- Glissandos work by turning off the scoring system for any notes below a glissando marker. This means, that all the player really has to do is hit any notes within the marker to be scored for it.
- Glissando markers are not usually placed over the first note of a glissando. We do this to encourage the player to actually attempt to play the glissando, instead of just mashing keys for free points.

http://creators.rockband.com/docs/Pro_Keyboard_Authoring

I still feel like I'm missing something here based on how rarely I hold a combo through a gliss. Is it IMPOSSIBLE to break combo / overhit between the start and end of a gliss? If I am losing combo is it because I am reaching the end too quickly maybe?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Keys All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: