FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The RBN Thread 2.0- Celldweller!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 408, 409, 410 ... 415, 416, 417  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion -> Rock Band Network
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShiftBreaker  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mystakin wrote:
inv4der wrote:
And therefore it's broken and the worst thing since lanes and the person that charted it is Hitler.

I'll assume this is a joke but either way, broken notes have been around long before lanes came along. (All I want is to be Next To You!)

Anyway, I stated this on the Youtube video for the 2x version but I'll take the bullet on this one. I misplaced a snare by a 32nd triplet, somehow. Not sure how, since there's no legit 32nd triplets in the song, but I did.

Short and simple, I fucked up and didn't catch it.

An honest response delivered gracefully and without malice.

Off with his head!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And none of the testers caught it in playtest to pass RBN. That's what bugs me the most.

DragoonXD  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yusuke wrote:
And none of the testers caught it in playtest to pass RBN. That's what bugs me the most.

Compared to not noticing the vocal audio is gone from half a song (and then the same thing happened for bass right afterwards >_>), this is more understandable.

The-B.O.D.  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yusuke wrote:

Nobody caught the bugged notes in Cheval Glass guitar, or Standing In Your Stuff drums either (which btw, is impossible to FC on regular drums as a result)
Quazifuji  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yusuke wrote:

It's not necessarily easy to catch. It's not clearly visible just watching the chart (if someone's testing the song on autoplay), and even if you're playing it you might just assume you screwed up and not notice that the note was misplaced. Keep in mind, reviewing a song takes a long time (13 different charts to review). I don't find it too shocking or condemning that 6 people missed something as hard-to-spot as that in the process of checking so many charts.

DragoonXD wrote:
Yusuke wrote:

Compared to not noticing the vocal audio is gone from half a song (and then the same thing happened for bass right afterwards >_>), this is more understandable.

I was under the impression The Space for This was fine in testing and somehow got screwed up twice on the way to the store.
expertwin  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Rock

John Parr – Monday Night Football
Sincrónica – EsCupido

They're both 80 points.
2015/09/20 The date I became Free Bird #200

@ataeaf=My Twitter. RB Accomps. GH Accomps. Nobody reads them.
voidedalive2x wrote:
of COURSE it's doable, you ninny! Don't you cop out on me now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: WorthBestGamer
espher  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The method I'm using for RB:HP can likely be used to fix these broken notes, fwiw.

Project Lead for the Rock Band: Harmonies Project || http://tiny.cc/RBHarmonies
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: EspherM ICQ Number
inv4der  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

espher wrote:
The method I'm using for RB:HP can likely be used to fix these broken notes, fwiw.

Of course that would count as chart modification and invalidate any FC in terms of it being the original chart.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
espher wrote:

Of course that would count as chart modification and invalidate any FC in terms of it being the original chart.

True enough. I'm speaking from a convenience PoV, not a competitive PoV. ;)

Project Lead for the Rock Band: Harmonies Project || http://tiny.cc/RBHarmonies
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: EspherM ICQ Number
Oscarvarium  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quazifuji wrote:
Yusuke wrote:

It's not necessarily easy to catch. It's not clearly visible just watching the chart (if someone's testing the song on autoplay), and even if you're playing it you might just assume you screwed up and not notice that the note was misplaced. Keep in mind, reviewing a song takes a long time (13 different charts to review). I don't find it too shocking or condemning that 6 people missed something as hard-to-spot as that in the process of checking so many charts.

As someone who passed All Bodies in PR, exactly this. Two notes being slightly misaligned can be very difficult to spot in autoplay. Looking back at this example, it's visible and I'm a little annoyed at myself for not catching it, but that can happen when you've been watching that highway scroll for hours. It would have been more noticable to someone playing it manually, but this is usually not a good idea for playtesting because you'd be concentrating too much on how to play the existing chart and not listening to how it fits the audio. While that level of attention would be great, it would be impractical both in terms of the speed of the pipeline and playtester burnout (I personally spend about an hour at the very minimum on reviewing a really simple song, some songs have probably taken me as long as 4 hours or even more).

Quazifuji wrote:
DragoonXD wrote:
Yusuke wrote:

I was under the impression The Space for This was fine in testing and somehow got screwed up twice on the way to the store.

Nope, it was approved twice by six playtesters (the same six twice, as it happens) with those major audio issues present in the playtesting file. Such is RBN sometimes. Considering things like this are approved in PR with shocking regularity, being told that an issue like the one in All Bodies is really bugging someone kind of grates on me.
BLABLAFU  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know if there is more Vangough coming to RBN?

I draw big pleasure from trying to FC Estranger and Drained on 2x Bass Pedal drums, because these songs are amazing.
GanonMetroid  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLABLAFU wrote:
Does anyone know if there is more Vangough coming to RBN?

I draw big pleasure from trying to FC Estranger and Drained on 2x Bass Pedal drums, because these songs are amazing.
Nothing at the moment, sorry.

Videos. Guitar Hero accomplishments. Rock Band accomplishments. GH customs.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: vVv Ganon PSN Name: PanOfMopsicle ICQ Number
gwakamoley  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Giraffes? Giraffes! just posted this on their Facebook page.

I am excite.
Fairwood  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gwakamoley wrote:
Giraffes? Giraffes! just posted this on their Facebook page.

I am excite.

I don't even have to email them, it's amazing.
GanonMetroid  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Indie Rock

Giraffes? Giraffes! - "Werewolf Grandma With Knives (Part Two: Don't Die)" (80 MSP)

Metal

All Shall Perish - "There is Nothing Left (2x Bass Pedal)" (160 MSP)
Benighted - "Let the Blood Spill Between My Broken Teeth (2x Bass Pedal)" (160 MSP)
God Forbid - "Don't Tell Me What to Dream" (160 MSP)
Revocation - "Chaos of Forms (2x Bass Pedal)" (160 MSP)
Wretched - "Dilated Disappointment" (160 MSP)
The Minotaur Project - "77345_018 (2x Bass Pedal)" (80 MSP)

Pop-Rock

Melissa Otero - "Angels and Demons" (80 MSP)

Prog

Cynic - "Evolutionary Sleeper (2x Bass Pedal)" (160 MSP)

The HMX Blog post for some reason forgot 2x bass pedal on Let the Blood Spill, but that's what it is.

Videos. Guitar Hero accomplishments. Rock Band accomplishments. GH customs.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: vVv Ganon PSN Name: PanOfMopsicle ICQ Number
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion -> Rock Band Network All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 408, 409, 410 ... 415, 416, 417  Next
Page 409 of 417

Jump to: