FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
S8 - RB - Guitar - Expert Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnGotti0831  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Foolish guestion alert, heh...

Ok being as this is the first leauge I am participating in I just saw it said when I was inputing my new scores: Rock Band - Guitar - Division Expert-1.

Is 1 the hardest level or the lowest, i just dunno and sorry if I sound like a complete noob
backinblack167  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I decided that instead of getting mercilessly slaughtered in vocals X, I would join this league.

The first week went well, but on my first try of this week's songs, my whammy bar breaks.

Wonderful.
Season 5 - AAA1 out in first round
Sully  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:30 pm    Post subject: Re: S8 - RB - Guitar - Expert Discussion Thread Reply with quote

socrstopr wrote:
Playoffs
Playoffs will consist of around half the active participants in each league. In order to be placed into playoffs, you MUST submit scores for Week 4, or if for some reason you are unable to submit you must notify your commissioner before the week 4 deadline.

So week 4 is the last week before the playoffs? How are the playoffs structured? How are playoff songs picked? Is it possible for a really easy song to be a playoffs song? Should I assume that GGaHT, RttH, or TKAR (something in the final tier, at least) will be the playoff finals song (just a question of curiosity- I certainly don't mean to assume that I'll be involved in the finals) since they are the hardest songs in the game, or will it be random?

edit: I saw an explanation of playoff structure in the sticky. Questions related to song choice still stand, though.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: vSully
Brockbfball1563  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My weekly recap of the songs. I remembered about 4 hours before the deadline that I signed up for this league. I went to input my score for OB and saw that I also signed up here, so they're probably not that special, not to mention I can't squeeze like in gh (is the hitting window really as big as gh2? If I hit a note even a little bit late I miss it. )

Main Offender: fun song IMO, but I guess I didn't use the right path
Celebrity Skin: Good enough
I Think I'm Paranoid : see above
Dani California : End of the solo killed me every time, but I'm happy enough for now.

Hopefully I'll do better next week, but OB still take priority over this.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I forgot to put in my streak in percentage am I kicked out of the league? When I go to the league site it says I am not signed up for any.. I'm confused.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:12 pm    Post subject: Re: S8 - RB - Guitar - Expert Discussion Thread Reply with quote

Sully wrote:
How are playoff songs picked? Is it possible for a really easy song to be a playoffs song? Should I assume that GGaHT, RttH, or TKAR (something in the final tier, at least) will be the playoff finals song (just a question of curiosity- I certainly don't mean to assume that I'll be involved in the finals) since they are the hardest songs in the game, or will it be random?
All of the songs are divided into 4 groups(I'll refer to them as levels) based on difficulty, for both the regular season weeks and the playoffs. Level 1 is the easiest songs, and level 4 has the toughest songs.

In each regular season week, one song is randomly chosen from each level to make up the week's songs. So there's always going to be an easy song(I Think I'm Paranoid in week 1 for example) and a very challenging song(Dani California in week 1 for example) each week. So in a way it is random, but in a way it also isn't.

As for the playoffs, the songs are also chosen at random from the levels. Level 1 songs will not show up in the playoffs at all. IIRC, a 4 round playoff has round 1 be a level 2 song, round 3 be a level 3 song, and the remaining rounds(I think) are level 4 songs. I'm 100% certain the finals song is a level 4 song, but I'm not entirely sure if the semifinals is or not(it may be a level 3 song). So yes you can assume that the final tier songs along with the other songs in that level will be in the finals and semifinals. If it was a 5 round playoff, round 1 is a level 2 song, rounds 2 and 3 are level 3 songs, and the semis and finals are level 4 songs.

If I said something wrong(although I don't think I did), please correct me.

KoE wrote:
<KoE> she wanted to put the BAM in brianbam.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: BrianBAM19
trav3ler  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, 121 overall.

Woot.

Goals:
Gold Star the main RB3 setlist [] (54/82)
That's gonna take a while... ><
backinblack167  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, 8th is good. I was hoping to do better though.

Looks like I'll have to step it up next week, with my beastly rubber banded whammy bar.
Season 5 - AAA1 out in first round
elx  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please note, RB Guitar Expert is going to be split likely into 3 divisions, so your rankings will change. We just wanted to give you guys a rough idea of how you did while we finish splitting up the leagues.
JohnGotti0831  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

161 damn gotta step my game up big time

Last edited by JohnGotti0831 on Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:21 am; edited 1 time in total
tiffman  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

137th here Glad to know *everybody's* not better than me. Finished in the top half on one song, and if I could have hit the one note I missed on CS, I would have been in the top half on that one. MO killed me; I can hit everything in the song, but maybe only 85% of the time, so my multiplier takes a hit. DC, if I could just hit both chorus sections with my overdrive and not consistently screw them up, my score would jump quite a bit, no matter how many of the little HO-POs I miss at the ends of the verses.

Maybe Hard will be a better fit for me next time; we'll see how it goes. It's good practice to really try to learn some songs instead of just playing to pass.
Yusuke  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

17th eh?

I guess that aint bad

xnerdyxrealistx  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yay 49th makes me pretty happy. I just hope that doesn't put me in the upper division... I don't wanna be the worst one in the upper division cuz I can FC songs cuz I can't squeeze

Proof that I can squeeze vocals!!
meister  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I forgot to update my Celebrity Siin score! Oh well, I only lost 6.87 points, woul've had a 1st though

dogfoodnyc wrote:
Wow, you guys got Meister?! I am expecting this group to hit the top
RB3 Bass FGFC! 1st x-plat
My RB Thread- | Renegades of Funk Accomplishment Thread|Twitter|My YouTube channel Please subscribe!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: MeisterSH PSN Name: justindeboer
sunshine  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, 42nd on sightruns (too busy to update scores after that), W00T
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 4 of 15

Jump to: