FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
DLC Week of 8/26 - Moving Pictures Full Album from Rush
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TuxedoedRex  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anybody else find it ironic that the week "The Day That Never Comes" releases, we run into this mess?
orangeglacier  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Icemage wrote:
valioso wrote:
ManfredvonKarma wrote:

5. Someone accidentally forgot to differentiate between the two Limelights or Tom Sawyers, so the game would be unable to handle them.

This is my theory

IGN already played the entire album in their DLC review, so that theory doesn't wash.

I still think it's a YYZ workaround for vocals. IGN's review indicates that there's nothing physically wrong with the DLC files as they were originally made. They were able to play every song without any problems, so either something is screwed up on XBL or something was changed in the DLC files themselves that made whatever IGN reviewed invalid.

If Thursday afternoon rolls around and PSN picks up the album while XBL still doesn't have it, then we can conclude that the problem is on Microsoft's end.

If the DLC gets delayed on both services, it would indicate that something was indeed changed at the last minute.

And if vocalists can join bands in online/local play for YYZ in the finished product, then we'll know for sure why it was delayed.

I would extremely aggravated if it was the vocalist solution. It's nice to take advice from your fans, but not at the cost of delaying a highly anticipated album for several days, especially not when the complaint was as petty as "oh no, I can't play a song that has no vocal part!" Even if they were going to fix that, they should have released the rest of the pack as scheduled.

GH5 (30/43)(Gamma Ray latest)
RB2 (39/42)(Souls of Black latest)
Blehgopie  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TuxedoedRex wrote:
Does anybody else find it ironic that the week "The Day That Never Comes" releases, we run into this mess?

It's also Alex Lifeson's birthday, according to the little community tab on the main menu...

iagomonk  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

orangeglacier wrote:
Even if they were going to fix that, they should have released the rest of the pack as scheduled.

As single tracks? They would then have to basically forfeit having a discount price for the full album.
HyadesD4  

Location: A long-ass fuckin' time ago in a town called Kickapoo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManfredvonKarma wrote:

2. Rush backed out at the last minute.

Or maybe they called in Geddy to do some random vocal freestyling. That would make the song FUN AS HELL.

MasterNobody wrote:
And somebody make D4 a banner! ^^^ He's an awesome guy and doesn't afraid of anything.
beingmused  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

orangeglacier wrote:

I would extremely aggravated if it was the vocalist solution. It's nice to take advice from your fans, but not at the cost of delaying a highly anticipated album for several days, especially not when the complaint was as petty as "oh no, I can't play a song that has no vocal part!" Even if they were going to fix that, they should have released the rest of the pack as scheduled.

If it is something that couldn't easily be fixed after the fact, then I absolutely hope that they are delaying it so that you can play Moving Pictures as a full band all the way through. That long term benefit outweighs having to wait a day or two.

Of course, I have a ps3, so I'm enjoying the delay anyways for the reason of schaudenfreude.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: beingmused
orangeglacier  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iagomonk wrote:
orangeglacier wrote:
Even if they were going to fix that, they should have released the rest of the pack as scheduled.

As single tracks? They would then have to basically forfeit having a discount price for the full album.

They could release it as a 6-pack for 800 points and then YYZ later as a single or for free.

GH5 (30/43)(Gamma Ray latest)
RB2 (39/42)(Souls of Black latest)
NO1HammerFan  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.....I just wanna play YYZ.
And I also think it's the (non) Vox part, just because it's new.
When you introduce a new thing to an environment there are sure to be a few problems.
It'll get fixed soon..
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: xxThe Boomski
Icemage  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

orangeglacier wrote:

You've made it all these weeks without having Moving Pictures in your setlist. What's one more day? :P

Seriously, the whole band-member-without-a-part-to-play-gets-kicked mechanic seriously needs fixing. If that's what it is, then you can thank us for raising hell about it later if/when your chosen instrument gets left out of a track.
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is a really big longshot, but...

I read the IGN review, and the ratings for each instrument, for each song, had stuff like "0" and "n/a" in them.

Again, this is a longshot, but with zero's, that looks pretty close to the new RB2 tiering system. Do you think maybe, just maybe, the album is taking longer because when in the store, it'll be the first to be shown using the RB2 tiering system?

Just throwing out ideas here...
diablocon  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

machetemonkey wrote:
Again, this is a longshot, but with zero's, that looks pretty close to the new RB2 tiering system. Do you think maybe, just maybe, the album is taking longer because when in the store, it'll be the first to be shown using the RB2 tiering system?

Good idea, but would they really risk doing such a thing? Wouldn't this just mean none of the songs exceed tier 7? I had a theory too involving RB2:

Using YYZ as an example, it has some pretty sweet Drum and Bass solos. As Harmonix have said (and people testified), these two instruments now do get their own solo sections in number 2. So, the chart may have these solo sections built into these two tracks.

Of course, since number 1 doesn't have bass and drum solos, this might be causing troubles when you load them into number 1.

Pretty out there, but it's just something I though of.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23
Page 23 of 23

Jump to: