FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
5/19 DLC - Alice Cooper 6-pack & Taking Back Sunday 3-pack!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
machchunk  

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm saving myself the joy of seeing the Alice Cooper tracks until after school so I can sightread them. But from the reception I'm seeing so far, it was really as good as I predicted.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: machchunk
S1ckH4nds  

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhatTrumpet wrote:
Holy guitar.

Anyone know who played guitar on the Alice tracks?

Al Pitrelli on the live tracks, John McCurry on "Poison", and Slash on "Vengeance Is Mine".
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: S1ckH4nds
Quazifuji  

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandro58 wrote:
where abouts is everyone seeing the Alice Cooper guitar charts? i want to see them before i buy them all, otherwise ill just pick up one or two.

Npeaen is the best source for DLC guitar videos. He always has guitar videos of all the charts up very quickly. Corporal Gregg posts full band videos and he plays the guitar so the guitar track's not faded, although he doesn't always get all the songs (only Alice Cooper this week, for example).
JLynn  

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alice Cooper? Poison? Score!

*Runs off to the Marketplace*
lsapg09  

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
My Sharona by The Knack
Cherry Bomb by The Runaways
Blinded by Fear by At the Gates
Thrasher by Evile

<--------------- ON RB2. YEAH I'M THAT AWESOME
http://www.youtube.com/user/lsapg09
http://www.twitch.tv/andpeegee
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: andpg
MrOmyA  

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quazifuji wrote:
Any videos of Taking Back Sunday or Replacements drums? I'm really curious to see the Replacements if it's that hard.

Tier 6 for Replacements. I guess it's kinda similar to Yeah Yeah Yeahs in a way. You get an on-disc song, not good, not great, but the song is good. Then, they have a DLC song available from the same band and it sounds NOTHING like the on-disc, and the charts are a lot tougher.

That said, you should buy it. Along with Alice Cooper and TSB etc. etc.
Vendetta  

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beastly DLC for Wii.

Been wondering when they'd get some Taking Back Sunday into the game. I really gotta go buy those.
swedenman  

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alice Cooper stuff is alright, and I expect the charts will be pretty fun. I've never heard anything by Taking Back Sunday, but from what I've heard, they aren't my type of band.

My Accomplishments
I can haz thread <3? I'm kinda gud
wolf549, when updating our thread after a session wrote:
Did all we get was Rebel Girl?
Adohu  

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might as well have a few quick reviews for the 6 Alice Cooper tracks and The Replacements on guitar.

I'd say Kids Don't Follow is basically an easy version of That's How I Escaped My Certain Fate. It's a high tempo song with what seems like crazy drums, and a moderate speed alt-strumming chart with gallops thrown around. I actually found this song to be really fun on guitar, which I wasn't expecting.

I'm Eighteen was pretty easy from what I remember. Unfortunately, it was a bit tough to hear guitar in certain parts, but that doesn't really matter. There is a pretty fucking big Big Rock Ending that netted me 25000 on it. Oh, and there is also some cool crowd singing in it. :)

Poison was a lot more fun than I expected. The first half is what you'd expect, and it starts getting awesome on the second solo. I sightread FCed the song, but solo 2 seems like a major choke spot. Fun song, pretty fun.

I love Billion Dollar Babies, and the live track was great. Again, some of the guitar was a bit hard to hear at points, but it was fine. The chart was enjoyable, nothing insane, but it was pretty tough. There's a fast RY trill about halfway through the song which is probably the hardest part, although I did get that sightread too, but it was probably a fluke.

Under My Wheels I'd say is the hardest guitar song of the pack, with some pretty damn fast zig-zags. Really fun song, with nothing boring in it. Really fun song.

Vengeance is Mine is basically an entire big solo. The first third of the song is simple. The second third gets a tad tougher, but still easy really. After the first solo, Slash goes crazy and the chart becomes a complete clusterfuck. Fast notes all over the place in weird rhythms reminiscent of Guitar Hero 3. Pretty tough, although I'd say it's behind Under My Wheels in difficulty. I dunno though. :P

School's Out. Did you expect this song to be final tier? Fuck no. Well, it is, and it is pretty damn tough. When you play the main riff, you expect it to be the normal boring riff like in GH3. But there's a twist, with a short HO/PO chord and single notes trill that appears every so often in the riff. It comes in two different patterns, one is slow, one is fast. The fast patterns of the HO/PO chord part broke my combo nearly every time. The chorus is probably the most epic thing that has ever appeared in this game, with incredible crows singing. It's amazing. There are also tiny fills during the chorus which are fun. The solo is pretty damn tough. The rest of the song is just the verse and epic chorus again, and then I think there's a tiny Big Rock Ending, but I'm not positive about that. Probably one of the coolest songs to ever play in Rock Band. Seriously.

Very surprised that more than one of these tracks were hard. I was only expecting to get Vengeance Is Mine. ^.^ Very happy with these results, and probably one of my favorite packs yet.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: adohuu
akiro  

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

School's Out and Vengeance is Mine are surprisingly awesome.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adohu wrote:

Under My Wheels I'd say is the hardest guitar song of the pack, with some pretty damn fast zig-zags. Really fun song, with nothing boring in it. Really fun song.

Vengeance is Mine is basically an entire big solo. The first third of the song is simple. The second third gets a tad tougher, but still easy really. After the first solo, Slash goes crazy and the chart becomes a complete clusterfuck. Fast notes all over the place in weird rhythms reminiscent of Guitar Hero 3. Pretty tough, although I'd say it's behind Under My Wheels in difficulty. I dunno though. :P

very accurate description of vengeance is mine however i think that under my wheels is infact easier.....the 1st solo is pretty hard but do-able....but the 2nd solo is alot harder however the only major "wtf" part is the zigzag & scales before the triplets. i have literally only hit that bit twice EVER

vengeance is mine has absolutely no pattern whatsoever....my fingers get confused like crazy its literally "riad n the Bedouin's solo 2" but ALOT faster and confusing

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every single Alice Cooper song was well worth the money. Playing School's Out really does feel the closest to actually performing live with a band that the game has ever had.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, if you don't buy these Cooper tracks just because they're live, then you need to have your head examined. These are some really excellent tracks that are awesome for every instrument in Rock Band. Good work, Harmonix.

S1ckH4nds wrote:
PhatTrumpet wrote:
Anyone know who played guitar on the Alice tracks?

Al Pitrelli on the live tracks, John McCurry on "Poison", and Slash on "Vengeance Is Mine".

But the page for the "Classicks" album has individual song credits, and Pitrelli's name isn't among any of those. His name is in the 'personnel' section for the album as a whole. So what's the deal?

Wouldn't surprise me if it was Pitrelli - the guy's a tremendous guitarist. Anyone who likes what he's doing here, if this is indeed him, should check out Savatage, one of the most underrated bands of all time.

Last edited by 005 on Tue May 19, 2009 11:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Macaron11  

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billion Dollar Babies is really fun on drums, minus the annoying as hell double kicks with rolls >_<
Adohu  

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FL4RE wrote:
Adohu wrote:

very accurate description of vengeance is mine however i think that under my wheels is infact easier.....the 1st solo is pretty hard but do-able....but the 2nd solo is alot harder however the only major "wtf" part is the zigzag & scales before the triplets. i have literally only hit that bit twice EVER

vengeance is mine has absolutely no pattern whatsoever....my fingers get confused like crazy its literally "riad n the Bedouin's solo 2" but ALOT faster and confusing

I'd actually say they are about even. IMO, there are no "crazy" parts in either song, just tough parts that just keep continuing for a while. I'd say that the Vengeance Is Mine solo 2 is definitely tougher than Riad's second solo, though. I personally have no idea at the moment which Cooper track is harder. EDIT: Just played both of them, I almost FCed Vengeance pretty easily, but I didn't get Under My Wheels. I'm beginning to think School's Out is harder than both of them, though, I STILL haven't hit that damn tiny solo.

Anyways, I just drummed the songs, and this is what I think about them:

Poison was really easy, but what do you expect? I got a 100% overhit and I'm not even that good (I was being a dumbass and overhit). Still a great song.

Vengeance Is Mine has a fun little intro that's spread across all the pads, and it's kind of confusing although it's pretty slow. The rest of the song is pretty easy from what I can remember, but I think there's another weird random drum pad section at the end, too. This song was alright.

I'm Eighteen was a pretty standard song. Quick snare hits in places, and that's basically it. It was alright, probably a bit more boring than Vengeance is mine.

School's Out is great. Fun little beat that gets fun during the "No More Pencils" section. There are slow rolls scattered throughout. The whole song is pretty straightforward, but it's easy for the most part.

I did not expect Billion Dollar Babies to be that hard. There are fast snare rolls that occur multiple times in the song, and then there's these fast double bass hits that occur throughout the entire friggin' song. This may possibly make it onto the un-FCed drum list for a tiny bit due to these things. The double bass fills occur so many times that it's not even funny. Fun song, haven't sightread 4*ed a song in a while, so that surprised me.

Under My Wheels is pretty hard, too. Tougher than Billion Dollar Babies? I don't know, I suck too bad to judge the two. The intro is insane with a crazy fill (Mystakin has hit it already). The drum beats are pretty fun, and before and during the second verse, there is a Stay Away-esque beat that also happens later on in the song, but with random snare hits in the latter. There is a fun bass part after the second Stay Away roll. Also, don't be an idiot like me and think the song is over before the Big Rock Ending. I did it on guitar and drums.

Kid's Don't Follow. What the FUCK. Okay, so think about This Calling's chorus bass pedal, and think about it happening throughout the entire song. I suck at fast bass, so I got friggin' 3 stars with 40000 points. I got a 41 note streak. >_____> Tough song, with some fast-ish snare rolls, and that's basically the entire song. Not fun for me, and I don't think it would be fun even if I could hit the bass in it. I guess if you are a hard drum song fanatic, though, you may want it.

Last edited by Adohu on Tue May 19, 2009 11:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: adohuu
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: