FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The RB1 Vox DLC Paths Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 29, 30, 31  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaptainDecoy  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of these paths just can't be right.

The path for All The Small Things seems to have one too many activations. Following 2/2/3/2 after taps leads to the 3 lasting through the taps, and there are no more OD phrases after that. Is it a matter of not squeezing the 3 so that the last two OD phrases before the taps are a separate activation?

Also, the path for Little Sister, which turns out to be 3/imm, 3/imm, leaves me with OD at the end. Is that right?
Billtvshow  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll check all the small things, but little sister is correct, you should have OD left.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Billtvshow
CaptainDecoy  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, moar sqeeze? Lovely.
twistedoak  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaptainDecoy wrote:
Yeah, this is fantastic. Would anyone be willing to compile a list like this for the disc songs? I'm lazy.

*Finger on nose*

It's funny you ask, I was working on compiling them from the overdrive section. I'll probably have it done in a day or two if you'd like me to post them in the techniques section.
Billtvshow  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dammit Rocker, I didn't see your path posted for that and went through and found that crap myself, took awhile too, lol.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Billtvshow
MACGYVERRRRRRRRR  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New path for Beethoven's C***

2/, 2/, 4/, 4/

Really rough squeezing song, as the first two require shouting before getting the 2nd OD, and the last two have to be activated early because they have Go With the Flow-esque windows.

Edit: Damn you!
Rocker74  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got two new 1st places this morning.

The Collector

4/immediate
3/wait 1 activation

We Care A Lot

2/wait 1 activation
2/immediate
3/wait 1 activation
2/immediate

I have gotten the transformers line on this one twice now, but both times I had missed the "yeah we care a lot" line after the first chorus.

I also worked on Synchronicity II but I cannot for the life of me find Billtv's gold star path.
StonedProphet  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:30 pm    Post subject: new here Reply with quote

Hi everyone, I'm kinda new here and I've been searching around looking at different posts for info and I've been extremly puzzuled by some of the abbreviations you all use for your paths and such. I'm mainly a singer and I've been interested in your paths for some songs but its like freakin morse code to me for some reason.

Stuff like "sk1" and "imm" I just have no clue. Also the (and I get that "OD" means overdrive,) paths like 2/2/4/3 or 2/ wait 1 or immediate, what exactly does that translate to?

Basically it would be really helpful if someone could just make a list of all of these little abbrv. That are used here cause I kinda lost.

Also I was wondering about getting "ranked" and such and I know I need to submit a picture for every song or something, but I'm still a little confused. Any help or thread direction would be appreciated greatly. Thanks a lot guys!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: StonedProphet
pmswedge  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:52 pm    Post subject: Re: new here Reply with quote

StonedProphet wrote:
Hi everyone, I'm kinda new here and I've been searching around looking at different posts for info and I've been extremly puzzuled by some of the abbreviations you all use for your paths and such. I'm mainly a singer and I've been interested in your paths for some songs but its like freakin morse code to me for some reason.

Stuff like "sk1" and "imm" I just have no clue. Also the (and I get that "OD" means overdrive,) paths like 2/2/4/3 or 2/ wait 1 or immediate, what exactly does that translate to?

Basically it would be really helpful if someone could just make a list of all of these little abbrv. That are used here cause I kinda lost.

Also I was wondering about getting "ranked" and such and I know I need to submit a picture for every song or something, but I'm still a little confused. Any help or thread direction would be appreciated greatly. Thanks a lot guys!

You don't actually have to submit a picture for every song, unless you're placing really high - the pictures are used as proof that you got the score you're saying you did. Just don't upload false scores and you'll be okay.

I might make some notes about the terminology we use in my stickied thread - honestly alot of this is still developing since vocals is so new to Scorehero in general.

However, for your immediate reference:

OD = Overdrive.

The numbers for paths tell you how many OD phrases to accumulate before you activate. Basically a path like 2/2/4 means to get two OD phrases (so your bar is half full) and then activate - "immediate" or "wait 1" means how many activations to wait until you actually use it. So in the case of immediate, you get your two OD phrases and the activate it as soon as you can. If you have to wait one, you let one activation period slip past and then activate at the next one. "Imm" is generally short for immediate. I'm going to guess "sk1" means to skip 1, but I'd have to see it in context.

I hope that helps!

Welcome to the forums, btw. ^__^ Always good to see more people on here.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick reply, I do appreciate it. I know I have other questions but I'll root around the forums for some more answers. Thnx again!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: StonedProphet
araphin  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pictures for solo scores aren't all that necessary because the game itself has leaderboards and if you were posting really high bogus scores, someone would sniff you out pretty quickly.

pictures are better for band quickplay scores, where there is no tracking system in game to deter people from posting false scores

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StonedProphet wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply, I do appreciate it. I know I have other questions but I'll root around the forums for some more answers. Thnx again!

Hey! You're that guy who wooped my ass during the SH X Vox night! Im the guy who told you to visit Good to see you around here.

Bill, these paths have done wonders to a lot of my scores on H, i always just seem to miss like 1 or 2 phrases (damn you ending of Crushx3 *shakes fist*)

Im pretty sure Hitch A Ride is accurate from what the previous post said as well.

I also think, after some testing, that Cherry Bomb might be 4/imm... Ill have to do some more testing tho... thankfully ive hit every talky part in the song (and they dont seem to be more or less bitchy on each difficulty) on different runs, so I should be able to determine which one is better. There might be a 3/, 2/ path if theres another activation... checking later.

EDIT: Activating at 3, if squeezed im guessing, will let you get all the rest of the OD in the song. I have first on the song on hard now with some misses (sbury has i think 1 phrase miss near the end and i have 2 somewhere in the middle, so you can see what a path can do) and I did that with 3/imm. Once I can consistently FC Ill check to see which are better. Im pretty sure all immediate activations is kaput tho, cuz you get maybe a phrase and a half on the first activation that way. So either 3/imm or 4/imm... and im thinking its 3.

Last edited by Yusuke on Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
pmswedge  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yusuke wrote:

Hey! You're that guy who wooped my ass during the SH X Vox night! Im the guy who told you to visit Good to see you around here.

Ohhh I knew the name looked familiar. I think I played against you too, StonedProphet.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still Alive Path -
2 - Immediate
2 - Before next Overdrive phrase
3 - Immediate
2 - Before "While you're dying..."

Updated with help from Batsmak.

Last edited by BizCasFri on Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:25 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: UncleGummers
MACGYVERRRRRRRRR  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judging by the back-and-forth battle we've been having, I'm sure you found the 2, 2, 2, 2, 4 path for Beethoven's C***. Sort of obvious in retrospect.

(Your turn again)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 2 of 31

Jump to: