FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
5/23 DLC: Lady Gaga, Foreigner, 2 Pro Updates!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
krisdaschwab912  

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aside from Urgent (which is virtually the only Foreigner major hit song that I like), this week gets a big YUCK from me. Hot Blooded, in my opinion, is actually more annoying than all the Lady Gaga songs, which are already annoying.
lpunderground19  

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I got to pick a Lady Gaga three pack, I'd pick those three. I like Paparazzi and LoveGame enough that I bought them in Lips (I barely buy anything in that game). And Foreigner's one of my favorite "classic" bands, so no complaints there. Great week. This week and a fantastic Foo pack make for a pretty good month as far as I'm concerned.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Diemon Dave
JOE2210  

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Judas, Telephone or Dance In The Dark makes me a sad little monster.
I'll still buy it, don't get me wrong, but I would have loved the warp bass from Judas D:
Foreigners a no, can't stand them.
It makes me laugh that the best week of DLC has been while PSN is down. It's like HMX planned it.
Maybe it's an inside job to prove that HMX loves Microsoft better.

Eastwinn wrote:

I honestly don't get it. What is the point of riding someone's ass. What benefit does it bring you?
psymatiq  

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...gaga should..... and then.... with my arms... then kick her in the ..... anal rape..... boy toy.....black Jesus.

atleast we get 2 real songs... that like 6 times less than we got from RBN yesterday..

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to come here and unapologetically say that I was stoked for Paparazzi, but I am very glad to see that a Gaga hate-train hasn't left the station.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnnyhala wrote:
I was going to come here and unapologetically say that I was stoked for Paparazzi, but I am very glad to see that a Gaga hate-train hasn't left the station.

Same here. Gaga isn't my favorite artist, but it's nice not seeing her completely trashed on here. Also Paparazzi is the only Gaga song I truly wanted in the game so I'm happy!

Also, left-field but AWESOME choices for pro upgrades this week. Both are songs high on my protar wishlist, and while I'm not terribly surprised about Rooster making the cut, I figured we'd get any number of White Stripes pro upgrades before Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground.

So yeah. This week is surprisingly exciting for me.
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdylan13 wrote:
No Telephone? Disappointing.

Yeah, Telephone is my favorite GaGa song besides Monster, would have been fun to sing harmony parts with one persons as Beyonce.

Great picks, though. Only the manliest of men will be able to handle singing "I want to take a ride on your disco stick" at parties

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
cdylan13  

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
cdylan13 wrote:
No Telephone? Disappointing.

Yeah, Telephone is my favorite GaGa song besides Monster, would have been fun to sing harmony parts with one persons as Beyonce.

Yeah, I'm sure it had something to do with Beyonce and the licensing though. Regardless I'm probably going to get Paparazzi.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: cdylanSH
ShiftBreaker  

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, those are some massive Gaga picks. Would've expected Judas (Dat Bassline) or You and I (Dat Brian May playing Guitar), but I suppose I can't complain.

I do think that there were plenty of bad choices, actually. No Double Vision (The song I want from GH:VH the most to export) and no Telephone, at least. I sort of expected a 4-pack...but this'll do, I guess. I can't complain too much as I love all the choices this week but still...I'm a tad disappointed.

Obligatory moan about the lack of Summerboy goes here.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice week, surprise Foreigner and Pro upgrades with good Gaga picks (minus Telephone which everyone has already said).
http://www.youtube.com/user/ignthespike1
Nuke39  

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice picks for both bands. Not going to complain over this missing singles, but what feels odd to me is the Pro Guitar choices. They don't feel that guitar heavy or differential.
blob  

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Foreigner

Hopefully it's not re-records or single versions. (Hot Blooded and Feels like the first time)

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weird in-between for the Pantera and Ozzy releases lol
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nuke39 wrote:
Nice picks for both bands. Not going to complain over this missing singles, but what feels odd to me is the Pro Guitar choices. They don't feel that guitar heavy or differential.

Rooster is a very famous Alice in Chains track with an interesting mix of arpeggios, chords, and licks on guitar (without being too taxing), and a very interesting/emotive bassline. Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground is, as I already mentioned, a bit of an odd choice for a White Stripes song, but the more I think about it the more I realize that it's a moderately well known song (not Seven Nation Army or Fell in Love with a Girl famous, but still) that is neither too simple nor too complex on guitar. I'd say that when you begin to think about it, they both make a decent amount of sense for pro guitar upgrades. A song need not be super guitar heavy to be stylistically differential, and I'd say these fit the bill.

As for the Foreigner choices, well I'd say those make pretty good sense. Hot Blooded is a given (very famous riffs), and Urgent, while a little less guitar-centered, seems to be throwing fans a bone, saying "well, Gaga doesn't work too well for Pro guitar, and we don't want to just leave you with one new pro guitar upgrade for the week, so we'll throw it on the other foreigner track"
toymachine  

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ctrl + f "Electric Chapel"

ctrl + f "Highway Unicorn"

ctrl + f "obvious songs that are boring on most instruments"

yep.

I'm not surprised of course but the announcement made it seem like we were getting more than three tracks (of Gaga).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: