FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
5/5 DLC - Franz Ferdinand, Allman Bros, Prong, and More!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fUNC  

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buttfaceninja wrote:
Wow.... Smooth Criminal is so MUCH FUN ON DRUMS!!!It changes all the time, all the beats are fun and somewhat challenging, and its got some bitchin drum fills. Seriously the most fun ive had drums in god knows how long.

This x1000. I'd always heard about how great Cosgrove was back in the day but never really paid attention. This chart has changed that

~Kyle~

Scorehero's #1 Chiefs fan and L4D2 player
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having watched the videos, I think I might get everything. To be fair, I was only going to leave the Franz Ferdinand pack, but they don't look too bad... and my mates will go mad for 'em when we're doing the drunken band thing.

Also, y'know I'm not normally a fan of difficulty, but I'm gonna play the shit out of Idealistic Types - partly 'cos it's a great song but mostly because it looks like a great workout on a variety of skills.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
krisdaschwab912  

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOOOO!!! Why did they use the shittyass remix of Naked Eye?

Regardless, I will get every track from this week once I have points. I'm still roughly 3 weeks behind

EDIT: Wow. From what I've seen, this is the best overall drums week in a LONG, LONG time.

Last edited by krisdaschwab912 on Tue May 05, 2009 3:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Quazifuji  

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For anyone looking for drums or vocals charts, Corporal Gregg has his usual multi-instrument videos up, although he didn't buy all the songs this week. OldPsy has vocal videos of everything and drum videos of the Prong songs and one of the FF songs. It looks like he might be putting more drum videos too.

The Banishment and Smooth Criminal both look pretty awesome on drums. Smooth Criminal has a lot of cool stuff going on, and Banishment has some interesting patterns and a reasonably fun looking solo.

Both Prong songs seem like they might be undertiered on drums though. I haven't played either, but they both look like solid tier 5s to me, especially Idealistic Types.
nourali2  

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yikes, the last word of Do You Wanna being sung differently isn't that big of a deal, is it? O_o
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: LordOdadjian
S1ckH4nds  

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nourali2 wrote:
Yikes, the last word of Do You Wanna being sung differently isn't that big of a deal, is it? O_o

You don't read the official Rock Band forums that regularly, do you?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: S1ckH4nds
nourali2  

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S1ckH4nds wrote:
nourali2 wrote:

You don't read the official Rock Band forums that regularly, do you?

What do you mean by this? I know about the recent meltdowns on the Rock Band forums, and I think they've all been at least partly justified, and most of the time I agree that Harmonix had screwed up a little bit.

Losing three minutes off of Prequel To The Sequel = bad. Selling fans a crappy re-record of Last Resort = bad (though I don't care about Papa Roach). And so on. But this is just one little tiny word at the end of the song. I don't think it's a big deal.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: LordOdadjian
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kind of like the last "yeah" in do you want to. Being a gigantic super mega insane-o franz ferdinand fanboy (much moreso than most of the people here, even if they like franz, I can imagine), it seems like exactly the type of thing they'd do. Make this huge build up ending in a terrible anti-climax, just for shits-n-giggles.

Of course, what do I know? I know the original version (or at least the well known version) has the climactic "YEEAAAAH" at the end, but I like this version too. =P
nourali2  

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, I need a video of Drain The Blood on drums. I've already seen the drum charts for every other song, but what about the Distillers? D=
Snoman  

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allman Bros songs are a blast to play on guitar, where the hell is Jessica?

everything else is fun, havent played Prong yet, looking forward to it

Photobucket
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: XsnomanX PSN Name: Trueshadow000
Prong1978  

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For Hard guitar, Blue Sky is the definitel winner this week IMO. It took me half a dozen times to FC it. The fact that it sounds a lot like Jessica doesn't hurt either.

Smooth Criminal is a blast on hard drums (I failed Expert at 74%). I played it (on hard) over and over until I got the FC.

Smooth Criminal OMB FTW (yes, on hard).

The Prong songs have most of their teeth removed in the hard charts. In fact, I easily FCed the level 6 one on my sightread. They sound great though and were still fun to play. If you're looking for a challenge on hard guitar though, you won't find it here.

All in all. This was a great week for DLC Whores (nothing remotely bad at all).
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I managed to use a friend's 360 to DL these songs (mine is red-ringed), but all I can say is...

what a perfect day to be home sick from school!
(no sarcasm)

I can't play drums (drumset busted), which is a shame, but these songs are great. Even the less interesting guitar/bass songs (naked eye and drain the blood) are great to listen to IMO. Naked Eye is a totally unexpected and random addition to the game. I never thought we'd see 90's dance-pop in this game. Now if only they'd release "groove is in the heart" so I could play that sexy bassline.
drewbles  

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prong \m/

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smooth Criminal is obscenely fun on drums. In the top 5 charts of all time, for sure. I had never given Alien Ant Farm the light of day, passing them off as generic mainstream rock/pop-punk with a sort of "Papa Roach-iness" about them that put me off, but this song made me check again.

Looking up some of their singles on YouTube, I think just about everything they put out would be great in Rock Band. Ultimately they're just catchy fun, but they back it up with some really interesting touches, instrumentally. This Mike Cosgrove guy is a mad scientist on the drums.
FL4RE  

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prong1978 wrote:
For Hard guitar, Blue Sky is the definitel winner this week IMO. It took me half a dozen times to FC it. The fact that it sounds a lot like Jessica doesn't hurt either.

Smooth Criminal is a blast on hard drums (I failed Expert at 74%). I played it (on hard) over and over until I got the FC.

Smooth Criminal OMB FTW (yes, on hard).

The Prong songs have most of their teeth removed in the hard charts. In fact, I easily FCed the level 6 one on my sightread. They sound great though and were still fun to play. If you're looking for a challenge on hard guitar though, you won't find it here.

All in all. This was a great week for DLC Whores (nothing remotely bad at all).

i can say that the prong songs are REALLY fun on xtar....the banishment was nearly a sightread FC for me but the other one ( i forget the name lol) is pretty hard...strumfest for a lot of the song
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: