FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Midgetspy - 82 RB2 Vox FCs (American Woman #81, RTP #82)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
midgetspy  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SilverSwift wrote:
Very nice indeed, seeing all of that green on your page is really crazy! (Not that I can see the green, hah.) It looks like you'll be hitting the top 3 very soon, and from there Ouzo and I are looking increasingly like we'll be dethroned by you. Good luck on the remaining songs!

Edit: It's on, the fightback begins! The spreads for Down With The Sickness and Hungry Like The Wolf may be indicative of what's about to happen in the
bass rankings on the whole. =P Squeeze battle!

Well if it's a squeeze battle then I lose for sure, hehe, I can't squeeze at all. Also I have been having the "1 tick drop" problem way more in RB2 than RB1 it seems, I don't know if it just seems that way or if it's actually more prevalent but it's really annoying.

MephistoJak wrote:
Thank you for referencing me. I've been in the process of fixing my old paths since I squeeze better now for some reason. I hope to retake those 3 that you have, especially Tangled Up in Blue. 500 points I missed...wow. O_o

Great job, though. Keep it up. And if ya need help, lemme know.

Thanks for the encouragement. Your scores on the 360 are unreal, and your bass path thread has helped me out a few times. It's pretty amazing that your scores for almost every song are higher than the calculated non-squeezing upper bound, hehe.

If you're gonna take back the x-plat firsts, I have 7:

Eye Of The Tiger
Spirit In The Sky
Tangled Up In Blue
Alive
Cool For Cats
You Oughta Know
The Trees

EOTT is the only one that even might be optimal (except for my dropped tick). I'm pretty much positive that my SITS score is missing at least 150 pts, and the rest are definitely missing any squeezes that might be possible.

If you're not interested in figuring out where the points came from I can share my path... I haven't been bothering because most are worse than the existing paths anyway because of squeezing, and when they're actually done they'll all be posted at once anyway. That and I don't want to spoil the fun if you guys would rather figure out the paths by hand for a while :0)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump for Ramblin' Man cross-platform first.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God, just pass me already, the anticipation is killing me

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouzo wrote:

LOL! I don't know if I'll have time tonight but Friday for sure. Then I'll count down the days until meister finishes his career ;-P

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

midgetspy wrote:
Ouzo wrote:

LOL! I don't know if I'll have time tonight but Friday for sure. Then I'll count down the days until meister finishes his career ;-P

oh noes, teh meister is coeming!

:-)
Organizer, Vocalist and path factory for Season 9 League Champion band Barre Exam (RB1) and cofounder of Season 10 League Champion band Better Than You --v (RB2) - The #1 band on scorehero
Kawigi's Rock Band Projects
Drum Paths | Star Cutoffs | Scoring Data for Pathing | Notes and Lyrics for Vocalists
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kawigi
MephistoJak  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

midgetspy wrote:

If you're gonna take back the x-plat firsts, I have 7:

Eye Of The Tiger
Spirit In The Sky
Tangled Up In Blue
Alive
Cool For Cats
You Oughta Know
The Trees

EOTT is the only one that even might be optimal (except for my dropped tick). I'm pretty much positive that my SITS score is missing at least 150 pts, and the rest are definitely missing any squeezes that might be possible.

Well, I took back Spirit in the Sky (which means yes, there is another 150), Tangled Up in Blue, and You Oughta Know. I made videos for all 3, so you can see what I did for them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: THE MephistoJak
midgetspy  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK I sightread some of the last few songs and took #1... I think I can FC all but Visions, Panic Attack, and Chop Suey. I'll probably just work on those every time somebody passes me, lol... time for vox till then :0)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can definitely get Chop Suey, it's really not that hard once you get the verse down. AMAZING job on all your firsts though, sick stuff.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: FinalDestiny549
SilverSwift  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on 1st! I had a sneaking suspicion that it would be taken overnight by either you or Ouzo, and it was. You definitely deserve it, with all the 1sts you have- good luck with the tougher FCs! I'm sure you'll get them. And agreed on Chop Suey, it's by far the hardest song to 5* on bass for me...brutal.

(I still can't figure out how you guys do the intro/outro of Shoulder to the Plow...yikes.)

emptyset wrote:
I should ban you all and never look back.
midgetspy  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

edgeofparadise: Thanks for the encouragement. I don't know what it is about Chop Suey but I'm just terrible at it. My fretting and strumming just can't seem to stay in sync for that long or something... maybe it'll come with practice though (hopefully) :0)

SilverSwift: Heh when I sightread Shoulder to the Plow on guitar I failed it at the intro 2 or 3 times in a row. A little later I discovered Breakneck Speed and started using it all the time, and the next time I tried Shoulder to the Plow I FC'd all those riffs first try. So if you're not playing on BNS, try it! As it is I never miss those parts, it's that bit in the middle that keeps speeding up and slowing down that trips me up.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally finished my first pass on vocals, ended up with 16.7 million. I'll redo some of the harder longs later for my 17 million goal, but it's good enough for now. Most importantly this puts me #2 on the all-instrument boards! I expect I'll be more like #15 or #20 once everybody puts in their scores but I'll take what I can get ;-P

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been a long time since I worked on any of my careers but I've been starting up a bit again lately. I'm down to #3 on bass so at some point I need to go clean up some of those easier FCs and at least close the gap, but for now I'm focusing on the other 3 careers.

Recently I redid some of my vox sightreads and got 6 new FCs for 71 total: Panic Attack, Mountain Song, Give It All, You Oughta Know, Rock'n Me, and Pinball Wizard. I'm particularly proud of Rock'n Me, I made that Woo my bitch :0) I also made a lot of gains on drums which has pushed me up to 58 million all-instruments!

I've fleshed out my goals a little bit more now that I have an idea what my non-sightread careers are looking like. For guitar I want to GS everything but Battery and Visions (maybe Battery eventually but I really suck at it now), and for bass everything but Visions. It is going to be a long and painful road to 60 million. I don't know if I'll be able to make it but I'd really like to get 100 million overall. I've improved quite a bit since RB1 so I might end up going back and getting a few hundred k on RB1 to help with the 100 million, hehe.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice, I was wondering where you'd gone! You can definitely get a lot more points on guitar, I saw you on the leaderboards the other day below me, and I've used no paths...we both know we're about equal on guitar/bass, so perhaps shoot for 15 million there? Either way, I have to once again express my admiration for your efforts, you are seriously good at this game and go under the radar far too often.

Rock'n Me? That is crazy stuff. Good luck on the road to 100 million, I reckon you can get there...you must be under 3 million off? Good luck!

emptyset wrote:
I should ban you all and never look back.
wesker-kun  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wasup!

i just realized that you had an Accs thread

i have one too , but it's very lonely XD, but whatever

wut? you playing all 4 careers? man, that's amazing!

i want to start my guitar and bass careers but i think i'm not good enough to be competitive

but i'm not here to talk about myself

you're doing an amazing job mastering all insts

keep up the good work!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Swift's progress has spurred my vocal career on to new heights - 80 FCs :-D I have RTP, TUIB, American Women, and OWOA left. I'm not looking forward to any of them, but I think RTP and American Woman will probably just be a matter of practice (I haven't tried either since my sightread). TUIB I'm terrible at (haven't even GS'd it) and I hate talkies so who knows if I'll ever bother with OWOA. I do want to hit 84 eventually, though, so maybe I'll force myself to try it ;-P
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Accomplishments All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: