FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Even Blitz thinks I play too much Blitz!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:38 am    Post subject: Even Blitz thinks I play too much Blitz! Reply with quote

Anyone else seen this yet? It comes up every time I start the game now. I wonder what the actual threshold is..

zage1337  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This happened to Epsilon82 before the patch. The general threshold seems to be around 1,024 songs give or take 10. So anywhere between 1,014-1,050ish.

Kinda dumb how your stars will reset once your save file is altered. I worked hard to get all the hard songs GSd so I always have a perfect GS library. Fortunately for me I will never have close to 1000 songs but that must suck for people who do have that many..

DragoonXD  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It originally wouldn't allow you to play anymore songs once you played that many. But it sucks this appears to be the only solution.

FyreWulff  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm at about 500-ish played, with around 800 total songs playable in Blitz with more to come soon via the sale and haven't seen it yet. But I guess I should note what I don't have GS'd when I get around there.

Hopefully they can address this in a later TU.
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well thats kind of shitty. It's not a huge deal, because all my scores (and stars) are saved on the SH leaderboards anyway, but it's much easier when selecting new songs in game to be able to see what I've played and what I haven't...that will be annoying when it resets. Oh well.
DorkmasterFlek  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So is this a local storage issue? Because since you need to be connected to the server all the time anyway (grumble grumble...), can't you just load scores from the server instead? Are you telling me the Xbox 360 doesn't have enough memory to hold a bunch of numbers?
Everybody likes Boston on some level. They're like a soul detector. Most people don't know this, but vampire hunters carry a Talkboy containing a snippet of More Than A Feeling. Anyone who doesn't smile when they hear it gets staked on the spot. It works flawlessly.
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's pretty similar to the 3000 limit on RB3. It's probably a memory issue.
PinkiePie91  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

singemfrc wrote:
I think it's pretty similar to the 3000 limit on RB3. It's probably a memory issue.
What's the 3000 limit on RB3?
ShiftBreaker  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PinkiePie91 wrote:
singemfrc wrote:
What's the 3000 limit on RB3?

Rock Band 3 will only display a maximum 3,000 songs and anything more you purchase will be invisible without deleting other stuff. It really makes RB3's total songs seem...well, less impressive. Seems to be a memory issue on the consoles, I imagine the potential will be less on Wii, but who knows as Wii users are a distance away due to the lack of RBN 2.0. PS3ers are getting close, but still not at that limit.

We thought we were safe from this on Blitz due to it requiring less memory, but its dependence on Rock Band Central proved to be a different kind of downfall. It's because of this that I wouldn't expect a RB4 until next-gen consoles, provided that it's all cross compatible. Fingers crossed that it comes with some kind of blitz mode.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's 1000 songs on Wii, and there are people at that point, IIRC.
ricecake  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's actually tied to the size of the save file, and how the server processes it. Here's some info from HMXHenry:
hmxhenry wrote:
To recap, what's happened is that affected users have generated a save data file that is larger than the servers are able to gracefully process. This file size is loosely tied to the number of unique songs played in Blitz (as many of you noticed it around the 1,020 song mark), but that's not a hard set number as there are other factors contributing the the save data file.

What we've done is roll out a server side fix that eliminates some of the burden on the save data file. This should allow previously affected users to play and log scores just as they had been able to previously. The only drawback is that affected users will no longer be able to see their in menu star count. At first glance it may appear that star data has disappeared, but rest assured that your stars, scores, leaderboard rankings, career score, coins and cred should all be exactly as they were previously.

Your star count should still be fully visible on Rock Band World on Facebook, and your score should still display in the Global Ranking pane to the right of your setlist. All that data is still being stored server side and should still be viewable everywhere except as stars in your setlist.

For those of you that have already been affected, you should be able to sign in and play again now. Give that a shot, let me know how it goes and I'll pass feedback along. Next steps for those of you unaffected or soon to be affected should be pretty painless: just wait. At around the 950 songs played mark [ED: later he says it's more like 875] you'll receive an inbox message letting you know that you're approaching this save data issue. You'll receive another message around the 1,000 song mark informing you that we've applied the server side fix to your account. That should mean no further interruptions in game play for anyone else creeping up on this.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: