FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
NEW DATE 3/29- ORLANDO AREA competition
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vertiggo  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that sucks.

Hopefully this all comes together and still happens down the line. It sounded like it was going to be fun.
gallery_5702_642_2556.png
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: vVv Paradise
rockgamergirl  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you all get an email saying this has been scheduled again? Eric emailed me and said 3/29 is the new date.. same bar, 8pm... is that what you all have heard?
silenceindminor  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for letting us know, it hasn't been posted on here so I'm assuming no one here (maybe count) is familiar.
count220  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Original post updated with new details. Thanks for the reminder.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: smeeguel
Vertiggo  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well crap. I'm already scheduled to go to another tournament that day... and that tourney has $200 on the line. Doubt I can make both of them. That sucks.

I was looking forward to this event too...
gallery_5702_642_2556.png
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: vVv Paradise

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't go either. I'm going to tab's GH tournament. and also, i dont think they would let me enter.
silenceindminor  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crap, there goes my guitarist. 20 page paper due that following week. I probably am not going to make it to this now.
count220  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doctor Rocktopus (AKA Insert Name Here) is looking for a replacement guitarist for Saturday since our regular guy is 19 and can't compete.

We guarantee at least second place =)

PM me if you're interested.

EDIT: I checked with Eric today and he says that 10-15 bands have confirmed so far.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: smeeguel
rockgamergirl  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be there tonight with my pals...are any of you still going? What song are you gonna play? We're gonna do one of the "girl singer" songs like Garbage or Hole since I'm singing....
count220  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uploading the videos to YouTube now, they'll be up later today.

In the meantime, here's a quick rundown of the event:

We showed up around 7PM and found out that only two other bands had entered so far. This had me a bit worried considering that supposedly 10-15 bands had confirmed by Friday. By the time we got started, only five bands (maybe six?) had registered.

First prize ended up being $100 and a $25 bar tab at Starters, the venue where the competition took place. We were expecting more but this was a charity event after all.

The final 4 bands were all over the place technically, but everyone put on a hell of a show. Kudos to the band gutsy enough to try Blackened in public. The vocalist did a great Hetfield impression. He only scored 66% on Medium. but they really nailed their performance. RockGamer.com and 8-Bit something-or-other played their hearts out too.

Now here's the one thing that annoys me...

THE SHOW GOT OTRONI-CONNED!!

Halfway through the competition, the rules changed. The organizer approached us after Round 1 and told us that instead of performing 2 songs, there will also be a final round.

No, problem... one more song to kill, right?

Wrong. The finals, we found out, were going to be judged BY APPLAUSE ONLY. So all of a sudden, we have a popularity contest in our hands. Wings and boobies, fellas... wings and boobies.

By the end of the first two rounds (which were judged on score, skill level, costumes and stage presence) we were in first place by a comfortable margin. Unfortunately we only had 5 or 6 friends with us, while two other bands had an entire entourage with them. So there went our chances of winning. Still, with the event being for a good cause (the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society) we did our best to entertain the crowd.

Congratulations to the winners, RockGamer.com, aka Six Boobies =) Good meeting all of you. We'll have to do this again soon.
rockgamergirl  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Six Boobies here checking in RockGamer.com had a great time but we agreed as well that changing the rules mid stream wasn't quite fair to all, and we felt like there were better performing bands than us.... We had our entourage there simply because it was Inga's (our drummer's) birthday.. we had no idea there would be any applause factor either - so we just got lucky. I had a really great time and glad to meet all you guys... Vertiggo, Count220 you guys were awesome (and actually both quite cute as my girls agree). Love to do it again in the future!

RockGamerJen
count220  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*blush* It's all in the fake muscles.

Here are the videos for Doctor Rocktopus' set.

Lead Guitar (Expert) - Vertiggo aka Captain America
Bass (Expert) - ColeTrain looking hot in her Supergirl costume
Drums (Expert) - Smeeguel aka The Flash
Vocals (Hard/Expert) - 2.0 aka the Fatman

Round 1 - Learn To Fly
Played by a bunch of superheroes. Get it? *groan*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNT93HQZufM

Round 2 - Ballroom Blitz
2.0 always rocks the vocals on this song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KEnV3nQQS0

Round 3 (Finals) - Enter Sandman
Our best performance even though we Feasted (unplugged mic) halfway through. Check out Vert on the solo... freakin' amazing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq7-V1VNhMs

Jen, can you post any videos and/or pics you took?
rockgamergirl  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Working on posting ours.... the video was taken with a small digital camera and the quality is really dark.. hoping to lighten it up! But I do have some photos to put up as well - of the chicken!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: