FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Apathtoofar Optimizer - Need Help !

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:50 am    Post subject: Apathtoofar Optimizer - Need Help ! Reply with quote

Since my favorite path website do not include some games, I've ask the owner ( SmugDuckling ) if he could run the GD:RB chart and RB3. He saids Rb3 is a no go but if GD:Rb is based off RB2 engine then yes it would work but he don't remember how tro use it. I've ask if I could and said yes, so with his permission, I kinda want to try my luck. Problem is, I have no clue how to code, command-line, etc. I'm a total dumb with that.

So, I thought maybe the folks at scorehero know how to, ahem **LocalH** ahem.

First, from what he told me, I needed the mid files, wasnt easy but I did extracted them.
Second, I needed to run this script https://github.com/jasharpe/apathtoofar/blob/master/optimizer/path_mids.pl . It works with Perl and Java which I installed.
Now comes the part where I'm supposed to run the script.

This is where I'm a bit confused, how do I do that ? command-line ? All I get
when I try to run "perl path_mids.pl" is "$mid_folder & $output_folder was not specified at command-line!". So I tried to search on google for answers and I get empty handed or lost in magic tricks I don't understand.

Soooooooo, does anyone could help me figuring out how this thing works and maybe check if it could be adapted for RB3/RB4/DLCs ?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You want to include additional arguments for the folder where the .mid files are located, as well as the folder you want the resulting files to be put.

So the full command would be:

perl "path_mids.pl" folder=[name of folder containing .mid] outputfolder=[name of folder you want the output to go]

So you'd want to have the perl script somewhere, and alongside it a folder filled with the .mid files, and another folder ready to receive the output.

At least that's what I believe the perl script is looking for.
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

like this ?

perl path_mids.pl folder=c:\grdrb\mid outputfolder=c:\gdrb\output

I still get the same error message.

I tried a bunch of combo and all the same.

perl path_mids.pl folder=:\grdrb\mid outputfolder=:\gdrb\output
perl path_mids.pl mid_folder=c:\grdrb\mid output_folder=c:\gdrb\output
perl path_mids.pl mid_folder=:\grdrb\mid output_folder=:\gdrb\output
perl path_mids.pl $folder=c:\grdrb\mid $outputfolder=c:\gdrb\output
perl path_mids.pl $folder=:\grdrb\mid $outputfolder=:\gdrb\output
perl path_mids.pl $mid_folder=c:\grdrb\mid $output_folder=c:\gdrb\output
perl path_mids.pl $mid_folder=:\grdrb\mid $output_folder=:\gdrb\output

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably along the lines
Code:

perl path_mids.pl --folder=c:\grdrb\mid --outputfolder=c:\gdrb\output

Here is the documentation for the utility the script uses in order to parse the arguments: https://perldoc.perl.org/Getopt/Long.html
In particular the "Command Line Options, an Introduction" section would be good background information.

There's a chance you might have to change \ to / despite being on windows, depending on whether perl handles it correctly. I don't know off hand.

For simplicity, keep it like you have it without any spaces in your folder names for this.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sweet. looks like it did went one step ahead. here's what comes up now

Use of uninitialized value $mid_list in open at path_mids.pl line 50.
Use of uninitialized value $mid_list in concatenation <.> or string at path_mids.pl line 50.
Can't open : No such file or directory
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: