FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Rock Band 4 Vocal Paths (On Disc, DLC, All Others)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 141, 142, 143 ... 207, 208, 209  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elcanadiano  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cantbreak90 wrote:
Redneck: 2/, 2/, 2/ES1F (cantbreak90)

Slightly better path but not by much. The first act garners a small squeeze to get a total of 6+ phrases under OD. Original path only gets 6 phrases.

Confirming this improvement.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: elcanadiano Wii Friend Code: 449615517562
JODIsBack  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You definitely do not need to ES1F that last act. Just act on the first window

Redneck: 2/, 2/, 2/ESF (cantbreak90)
cantbreak90  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JODIsBack wrote:
You definitely do not need to ES1F that last act. Just act on the first window

Redneck: 2/, 2/, 2/ESF (cantbreak90)

Yeah, but ES1F is so much cooler. Lol jk 😆
DosParkers  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Dope Show: 2/ESF, 3/1p-ESF, 2/ (DosParkers)
-ahead by 1k on xbox
elcanadiano  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Hand That Feeds: 3/sk1-ESF, 2/, 3/sk5-ESF (DosParkers)

Notation based on phrases instead of skips is going to continually trip me up every time, especially in this song, because of the past ambiguity if you consider a phrase that is split in two (or more) due to an activation point in the middle. This is going to get more confusing if these phrase paths continue to be submitted and replaced, even if the intent of the path actually does net an improvement that warrants a partial or full credit.

The general definition I think that was accepted here is that a full phrase, and not a partial phrase, is required in between the last skip and an in-phrase activation for #p to be added, and only if it is preceding an ES/ESF.

I don't mean to be offensive when I say this but I do think another set of eyes should go on the Dope Show submitted path.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: elcanadiano Wii Friend Code: 449615517562
JODIsBack  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Revision

Reinventing Your Exit: 2/BOD, 3/, 3/sk1 (FreshPrinceOfRB)

In previous path the only act that had a squeeze was the first one. Squeezes are possible in all 3 acts in this one, and 228k might be possible.
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elcanadiano wrote:
The Hand That Feeds: 3/sk1-ESF, 2/, 3/sk5-ESF (DosParkers)

Notation based on phrases instead of skips is going to continually trip me up every time, especially in this song, because of the past ambiguity if you consider a phrase that is split in two (or more) due to an activation point in the middle. This is going to get more confusing if these phrase paths continue to be submitted and replaced, even if the intent of the path actually does net an improvement that warrants a partial or full credit.

The general definition I think that was accepted here is that a full phrase, and not a partial phrase, is required in between the last skip and an in-phrase activation for #p to be added, and only if it is preceding an ES/ESF.

I don't mean to be offensive when I say this but I do think another set of eyes should go on the Dope Show submitted path.
Yeah I just posted basically the same thing before I saw you already did so I deleted my post.

The rule as simply as I can put it is you always count windows, not phrases - unless there is at least one complete phrase and no windows in between the last skipped window and the beginning of the phrase with the ES. This is not optional! It will get really really messy if we start being sloppy with this.

Dos, you really need to go back and renotate any paths that are written like this. Ill give you priority to fix them first and keep credit, but if you don't want to, others are going to fix them and take the credit.
DosParkers  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'll just stop posting paths here.
Me posting paths is for the benefit of everyone else.
It does nothing but cost me time, especially with this awfully slow website.
I can sometimes spend 1-2 hours on a single path testing out every single change, down to the double digits worth of score.

And all I get in return is bickering and complaining because you can't follow simple notation.

I will just stop submitting paths and anyone who comes here looking for a path I might have submitted, can look at you to blame.

elcanadiano wrote:

I know I have to wear glasses but my vision is 20/20 with them on and I do wear them when I path. Promise.
ItsUncleCarl  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's Been Awhile: 3/DOD-ES1F, 2/sk2-ES1F-FRS, 2/sk4-ES1F (FRS: Just before beat 2 after ES1F or when the word "Look" passes score meter) (shakamuda)

Just making the FRS a little clearer, as before it said 40% which isn't really a way to count unless it's taps ^.^

Also just a personal preference thing for any future new FRS paths I think having a note attached for where it may be is helpful but I understand sometimes it's hard to convey where exactly it is

Left Behind: (2/sk1, 2/DOD-ESF, 3/) or (2/sk1, 3/, 3/) (Steadysphere)

Just correcting notation error and adding brackets to show these are 2 separate paths not one long continuous path with the middle act as 3/ or 2/sk1

March of The Pigs: 3/FRS*, 4/sk1 *FRS: Just before Beat 1 (xtreme2252)
Jonathan-Ang  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DosParkers wrote:
I can sometimes spend 1-2 hours on a single path testing out every single change, down to the double digits worth of score.

And all I get in return is bickering and complaining because you can't follow simple notation.

I will just stop submitting paths and anyone who comes here looking for a path I might have submitted, can look at you to blame.

elcanadiano wrote:

I know I have to wear glasses but my vision is 20/20 with them on and I do wear them when I path. Promise.

I probably say this for more than 1 person here but bye felica. We could do with less of your whining and this isn't the 1st time you expected everyone else to conform to your standards instead of you simply doing what everyone else does here (sharing of path regardless of during challenge or not, annotating them as per the standards here).
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: BuRnInGJoNaThAn PSN Name: Jonathan-Ang
JODIsBack  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DosParkers wrote:

elcanadiano wrote:

What's so difficult about just notating by window? You were informed in the OP of how you were supposed to notate paths, it's cool and all if you notate it your own way but if you're going to contribute to someone else's thread, I can't imagine it's a whole lot to ask to just abide by their guidelines.
Arven99  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is possible to hit the ES as an ESF, changing the path to this.

Forever (Papa Roach): 3/sk1-ESF, 2/sk2-ESF, 2/ (Iggy-Sparks/Arven99)
ItsUncleCarl  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Made of Scars: 3/sk1-ESP(90%), 2sk1-ESF (Yevrag35/It's Uncle Carl)

Altered 1st act for more points - can some of the vocalists please scrutinise that max ESP to make sure its not just a very hard ESF

The 2nd act is marked as ES but the ESF is quite easily doable

Path ESF confirmed

Made of Scars: 3/sk1-ESF*, 2sk1-ESF *Hard ESF (Yevrag35/It's Uncle Carl/KillerCain)

Last edited by ItsUncleCarl on Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:27 am; edited 3 times in total
JODIsBack  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That ESF in Made of Scars is definitely possible. Killercain has hit it
ItsUncleCarl  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JODIsBack wrote:
That ESF in Made of Scars is definitely possible. Killercain has hit it

Yes I talked to him on discord after noticing he was rank 1
He can't remember the exact path he used but I'm going assume he hit that ESF and will change the path anyway with Cain as added path author
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 141, 142, 143 ... 207, 208, 209  Next
Page 142 of 209

Jump to: