FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Rock Band 4 Vocal Paths (On Disc, DLC, All Others)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 132, 133, 134 ... 207, 208, 209  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mysario  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back, old RBN!

Burn It Down: 2/sk4, 2/sk1, 2/ (DarthDonkeySH)

Not to be confused with the far superior "Burn It Down" by Linkin Park or the far inferior "Burnin It Down" by Jason Aldean, this Five Finger Death Punch RBN rewind is a fun song for anybody to sing! Your family, your children, even your dog! Gotta love those all talkie songs. I think I know the path but I don't know poop as I got a mere 230,260

Hard To See: 3/BOD, 3/ (serj42)

I can't explain what's come over me, but I can explain what's NOT come over me and that's being good at squeezes as I got 149,696 with this but it can probably be topped
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JODIsBack wrote:
Cowboy Casanova isn't an RB4 era song
Very strange, somehow it got listed in both, and with different paths. Anyone know offhand which is correct? I'll try and test both later today if no one knows immediately.

Cowboy Casanova: 2/, 2/BOD, 4/ (themoron112) (Listed under legacy)
Cowboy Casanova: 3/, 3/, 2sk1(BOD) (FreshPrinceOfRB) (Listed under RB4)

RodrigoTakashi wrote:
Hey guys! I'd like to ask something, I don't know if you guys agree with me. I know players here are all amazing on vox, but sometimes we get stucked on getting something like an ESF, AS, etc, because there are many of them really hard to execute. That's why some songs have an observation saying if the ESF or AS is hard or extremely hard to do it.
I noticed many players are figuring out that some ES are possible to ESF, but it's super hard to get it and they're just confirming as possible.
So, that's what I'd like to ask: if you confirm some ESF, but it was hard to execute, please put an observation (Difficult ESF).

Thanks
I agree wholeheartedly. I hate going through a song casually (as I usually do) and finding that the path includes an ESF or an AS that's just ridiculously hard, but the author was just ridiculously good at them so didn't bother to notate it. Please notate any time you think it may be tough for some people.
This is one of the reasons I've been thinking about creating a more detailed source for these paths..something along the lines of an actual separate page where you could select a song and find detailed information about it, such as how difficult an AS or ES was, exactly where the ES occurs so that you can find it in practice mode, or exactly when to activate for an FRS.
IndestructibleSD  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

singemfrc wrote:
JODIsBack wrote:
Very strange, somehow it got listed in both, and with different paths. Anyone know offhand which is correct? I'll try and test both later today if no one knows immediately.

RodrigoTakashi wrote:
Hey guys! I'd like to ask something, I don't know if you guys agree with me. I know players here are all amazing on vox, but sometimes we get stucked on getting something like an ESF, AS, etc, because there are many of them really hard to execute. That's why some songs have an observation saying if the ESF or AS is hard or extremely hard to do it.
I noticed many players are figuring out that some ES are possible to ESF, but it's super hard to get it and they're just confirming as possible.
So, that's what I'd like to ask: if you confirm some ESF, but it was hard to execute, please put an observation (Difficult ESF).

Thanks
I agree wholeheartedly. I hate going through a song casually (as I usually do) and finding that the path includes an ESF or an AS that's just ridiculously hard, but the author was just ridiculously good at them so didn't bother to notate it. Please notate any time you think it may be tough for some people.
This is one of the reasons I've been thinking about creating a more detailed source for these paths..something along the lines of an actual separate page where you could select a song and find detailed information about it, such as how difficult an AS or ES was, exactly where the ES occurs so that you can find it in practice mode, or exactly when to activate for an FRS.

What specifically would you articulate about the ESF difficulty? The difficulty is hard to capture in words, but you could certainly document which techniques (vibrato oscillation frequency, vibrato amplitude, freestyle) appear to influence that squeeze most.

Also, it's not that top vocalists are "not bothering" to notate difficult ESFs. The top squeezers rarely struggle with ESF, so putting an asterisk on it is an exercise in trying to guess how difficult it's going to be for someone who might not be as consistent at controlling the techniques mentioned above. If it takes me a handful of tries to figure out an ESF, I'm not going to flag that. If other users want to step in and share that they had a much tougher time, they are free to flag it as a hard one. Borderline impossible ESFs, such as Dream Genie, I would definitely flag with an asterisk because it can take hours to hit even once for an expert.
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IndestructibleSD wrote:
What specifically would you articulate about the ESF difficulty? The difficulty is hard to capture in words, but you could certainly document which techniques (vibrato oscillation frequency, vibrato amplitude, freestyle) appear to influence that squeeze most.
Exactly - how difficult it is for most people, and/or what techniques work best.

IndestructibleSD wrote:
Also, it's not that top vocalists are "not bothering" to notate difficult ESFs. The top squeezers rarely struggle with ESF, so putting an asterisk on it is an exercise in trying to guess how difficult it's going to be for someone who might not be as consistent at controlling the techniques mentioned above. If it takes me a handful of tries to figure out an ESF, I'm not going to flag that. If other users want to step in and share that they had a much tougher time, they are free to flag it as a hard one. Borderline impossible ESFs, such as Dream Genie, I would definitely flag with an asterisk because it can take hours to hit even once for an expert.
It's not a question of whether top squeezers have trouble with it, it's whether or not something is difficult. If you are good at something difficult, that doesn't mean it is not difficult, it just means you are better at it than most people. It would be appreciated by many if it were flagged if it could be considered by most to be difficult, even if it's easy for you.

Re: Cowboy Casanova I got 229,072 with lazy squeezing on the legacy path which is about 900 off of the top, so that's probably the right path. Post if otherwise.
Descenciel  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Franklin's Tower: 3/AT-sk2, 2/AT-sk1-ESF, 2/DOD-ESF, 2/sk1-ESF, 2/sk3-ESF (MaGna720)

We were able to get 248,6xx with this path- 5k more than previous high scores.
JODIsBack  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

singemfrc wrote:
JODIsBack wrote:

I mentioned that you cannot break 230k with the prior listed path
haoestrelalp  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For better notation
The Greeting Song: 3/ESF, 2/ES2F, 2/AT-BOD (The Spreadsheet)

Grey path confirmed:
My Lovely Man: 3/, 2/, 2/sk3, 3/sk1 (internetguy87)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: haoestrelalp
haoestrelalp  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RBN week

I'm Made Of Wax Larry, What Are You Made Of?: 3/, 3/, 3/sk2 (Yevrag35)
All I Want (ADTR): 4/sk1, 5/BOD (MWcw709)
Rise Above This: 3/, 3/sk1 (Geeoff)
Fake It: 4/ESF, 2/sk1-ESF, EwO (jacoborawr)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: haoestrelalp
haoestrelalp  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IndestructibleSD wrote:
It's not a question of whether top squeezers have trouble with it, it's whether or not something is difficult. If you are good at something difficult, that doesn't mean it is not difficult, it just means you are better at it than most people. It would be appreciated by many if it were flagged if it could be considered by most to be difficult, even if it's easy for you.

Being top squeeze is no reason to not warn others, our community is not made only of top players. To warn that you have a difficult squeeze can make the person prepare better to not return from beginning like an epic song
elcanadiano  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spinning Wheel: 2/sk3-1p-ESF, 3/AB-ESF* (cdrock7)

Renotation. Last one might not be that hard after all. I missed on first attempt and it's shorter than the last one. First ES IMO wasn't difficult - there is a reasonable amount of a phrase to fill up the pie. First OD you can sing the regular notes, second OD I freestyle'd an E on the second attempt and that seemed to do the trick.

Simple Kind Of Life: 3/sk1-ESF*, 3/FRS (LM2), 3/BOD (The Spreadsheet)

I don't know if we want to propose notation changes but I want to denote the FRS as LM2 (second beat in last measure), given the song is in 4/4 time. I had some ideas and I recall people were talking about some potential changes earlier.

I had a few others, notably that I think every RS should be an FRS if you don't have to pop OD almost immediately in the beginning, but I think this makes make RS! and BBFRS redudant,

Animal (Live) (Def Leppard): 2/sk2, 2/sk1-ESF, 2/sk1-ESF, 2/DOD-ES1F (singemfrc, elcanadiano)

Renotated last activation. Also third activation has an opportunity to ESF and by doing so you can get the rest of the next phrase, definitely an improvement here.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: elcanadiano Wii Friend Code: 449615517562
DosParkers  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

edit: moved

Last edited by DosParkers on Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
elcanadiano  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweater Weather (The Neighbourhood): 2/, 3/, 2/4p-ESF (eldersham)

Renotation.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: elcanadiano Wii Friend Code: 449615517562
DosParkers  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

edit: moved

Last edited by DosParkers on Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mysario  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New songs? They're on sale? And I save one whole dollar if I buy both?! Count me in!

Kamikaze: 4/BOD, 2/sk3, 2/ (Mysario)

220,488 is what I got for all you spotlight vocalists out there, and I'm sure you'll beat it! There's a similar path (3/, 3/, 2/sk3, 2/) I tried, but I got a few hundred less though I don't know if it's bad squeezes or not. Aw jeez, I never know!

Rescue Me: 3/, 2/sk3-ES, 2/ (Mysario)

No, this isn't that one Buckcherry song, this is the new 30 Seconds to Mars song! I didn't even try going for the full points on the ES since it seems hard (and I rushed out of my house), but I got 131,172, possible more points at the end if you do 2/sk1 instead of just 2/ but I have no heckin idea. Rescue me from this song and bring Rescue Me featuring Denis Leary, amirite? The theme song for the show ("C'mon C'mon" by the Von Bondies) is DLC in case you didn't know so pick it up!
DosParkers  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mysario wrote:
New songs? They're on sale? And I save one whole dollar if I buy both?! Count me in!

Kamikaze: 4/BOD, 2/sk3, 2/ (Mysario)

220,488 is what I got for all you spotlight vocalists out there, and I'm sure you'll beat it! There's a similar path (3/, 3/, 2/sk3, 2/) I tried, but I got a few hundred less though I don't know if it's bad squeezes or not. Aw jeez, I never know!

Rescue Me: 3/, 2/sk3-ES, 2/ (Mysario)

No, this isn't that one Buckcherry song, this is the new 30 Seconds to Mars song! I didn't even try going for the full points on the ES since it seems hard (and I rushed out of my house), but I got 131,172, possible more points at the end if you do 2/sk1 instead of just 2/ but I have no heckin idea. Rescue me from this song and bring Rescue Me featuring Denis Leary, amirite? The theme song for the show ("C'mon C'mon" by the Von Bondies) is DLC in case you didn't know so pick it up!

edit: moved down one post into all one post

Last edited by DosParkers on Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:28 pm; edited 4 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 132, 133, 134 ... 207, 208, 209  Next
Page 133 of 209

Jump to: