FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Changes to Manage Scores page

View previous topic :: View next topic  
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:10 am    Post subject: Changes to Manage Scores page Reply with quote

Due to the ever increasing # of songs being added, we're encountering more and more of not only duplicate song names but song names with just a subtle difference, making it easy to accidentally enter a score for the wrong song if you don't look carefully and/or check the tooltip/popup.

To help, we shrunk the song title a tad and now have the artist showing underneath the song title so it is much easier to tell at a glance which song you are searching for. (It also gives you the ability to ctrl-f search for artists if you desire) This was only done on the RB side of the site, since GH is not continually adding DLC like RB is.

I know there are a handful of songs that don't have an artist showing at time of writing, I'll go through and add those as I see them.

Last edited by singemfrc on Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's a very good idea ! good to see some improvment even if the traffic is not what it's used to be.

how is the site doing financially btw ? will the ads be back to keep it up ?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know the numbers but I know JC is still paying for the site, in other words it doesn't make money and he doesn't break even as far as I know. You can donate if you want to help, it still works, I just donated like a month ago.

Also regarding the manage score changes - I'm going through now and adding the missing artists, removing the artist from the song title for dupicates like Alive or Angel, and fixing spelling/capitalization/punctuation errors. If by tomorrow you still see any errors, let me know. If you can include the Song ID in your report that will make it much easier to fix quickly. (You can see the song ID in the url when you hover on the link)

Update: Gonna take me a little longer to finish all this, let me know if by next week you still see errors.

Last edited by singemfrc on Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
bushidox  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that is a ton of work, and will make entering scores for the DLC hounds much easier. The fact that you guys still make such an effort to update this site after 10 years is very impressive. Thanks as always for your hard work maintaining things.
The Unofficial Score Hero GH Guitar leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1638203#1638203
The Unofficial Score Hero RB Guitar leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=703852#703852
The Unofficial Score Hero Bass GH leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=107740
The Unofficial Score Hero Bass RB leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=703842#703842
The Unofficial Cross Platform FGFC leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=108548
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm making the following changes to all songs on all RB games, so if you see any songs/artists that don't fit this (by next week), update me here:

• Adding artist to charts that didn't have one listed.
  • For any song titles that are the same for multiple artists, removing the (Artist) from the song title since the artist is now displayed.
  • Fixing any incorrect/incomplete titles
  • Putting in correct characters such as colons, umlauts, etc. that weren't there before. (Such as in Naive or Motorhead)
  • For RB4 only also correcting title capitalization, ie "Janice Joplin And The Full Tilt Boogie Band" instead of Janice Joplin and the Full Tilt Boogie Band"

Cabanon  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

singemfrc wrote:
[*]For RB4 only also correcting title capitalization, ie "Janice Joplin And The Full Tilt Boogie Band" instead of Janice Joplin and the Full Tilt Boogie Band"

shouldnt it reflect what's seen in game instead ? or maybe it's already the case ? (I dont have the game)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cabanon wrote:
singemfrc wrote:
[*]For RB4 only also correcting title capitalization, ie "Janice Joplin And The Full Tilt Boogie Band" instead of Janice Joplin and the Full Tilt Boogie Band"

shouldnt it reflect what's seen in game instead ? or maybe it's already the case ? (I dont have the game)
The game is inconsistent, and the list is so huge that my priority is just being able to read the tracks clearly so that the proper song is chosen when a song is entered. In cases of forced case change such as GlaD0s or dc Talk, I put it in as the artist had it, but just in cases of various Harmonix employees using the words and, of, or the it's too much of a headache to go through the game and match all of their random choices, so it's just all in "Title" capitalization. It's easier to read that way anyway.

I've finished all the changes now, so let me know if I missed anything.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Website Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: