FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Rock Band 4 Vocal Paths (On Disc, DLC, All Others)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 117, 118, 119 ... 207, 208, 209  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mysario  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adding on to the other RBN songs -

Doppelganger: 2/sk1-ESF, 2/, 2/sk1-ESF, 3/ (Mysario)
Exploited and Exposed: 3/sk1-FRS, 2/BOD, 2/BOD (Mysario)
How We'd Look on Paper: 4/, 2/BOD (Mysario)
Thug Love: AI (Mysario)

Soy Bomb and Shadowbang (Head) are instrumentals, so uh... 0. Credit to me for finding that out too

Songs are out on XB1 right now, so enjoy and let's hope for more RBN in the future! Happy 10th anniversary!
BansheeMan55  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a little correction to notate the new way:
Doppelganger: 2/sk1-3p-ESF, 2/, 2/sk1-ESF, 3/ (Mysario)
elcanadiano  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

F.O.D.: 2/sk3-FRS, 3/sk3-ESF, 2/sk1-1p-ESF (Cafin8edPenguin)

Renotating.

Take No Prisoners: 2/sk2, 2/sk2-AS, 2/sk2-ESF* (Iggy-Sparks)

Reasonably difficult but doable ESF. The 2/sk2 is an AS (a pretty difficult one at that) unless 2/sk3 is the actual path.

What's the Frequency Kenneth?: 2/, 2/sk1-ESF, 2/BOD, 2/sk2-1p-ESF (shakamuda)

Renotating. Adding 1p.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: elcanadiano Wii Friend Code: 449615517562
RodrigoTakashi  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Save a Horse (Ride a Cowboy): 2/, 4/ (RodrigoTakashi)
scottck97  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Improved paths
Alive (Temper Trap): 2/ESP, 2/BOD, 2/sk1 (BansheeMan55, scottck97)
Changing 2nd act to BOD can gain approx 1k extra points

Dreams (Fleetwood Mac): 4/sk1-ESF, 2/sk5-ESP (scottck97)
Possible to score a couple hundred more points than current path

Updated/Renotated
Check My Brain: 3/, 2/sk1-AS, 3/ (DeLyrical)
Adding AS to 2nd act

Edge Of Seventeen: 2/DOD-ESF-FRS, 3/, 4/sk1, 4/ (cdrock7)
Correcting 1st activation

It's Been Awhile: 3/DOD-ES1F, 2/sk2-ES1F-FRS, 2/sk4-ES1F (FRS: Approx 40%) (shakamuda)
1st act was updated but the rest were not and re-crediting shakamuda
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elcanadiano wrote:
eldersham wrote:
Save Tonight: 2/sk1-1p-ESF, 2/sk1-1p-ESF*, 2/sk2-ESF*, 2/ESF (eldersham)

guess i never got around to posting this one... current posted path yields a little over 203k i believe and this path is over 208
the 2nd and 3rd squeezes i've hit in practice mode although hitting them both in a run is a tall order
if you're having trouble doing this for the challenge you can replace the 2nd act with the much simpler 2/ESF for ~500 fewer points, but the 3rd act can't realistically be substituted, so you'll just have to get as much out of it as you can

Open question (and this is not intended to be criticism to eldersham), but would you consider either of those 1p phrases redundant? This is the following scenario.

Save tonight | (sk1) | and fight the break of dawn | Come tomorrow | | tomorrow I'll be gone

I would personally interpret the 1p redundant in this scenario given that "and fight the break of dawn" is not a full phrase. If we were to not sing "and fight the break of dawn" and activate later we would likely consider this to be a 2/ES1F.

But if other people think otherwise then we can roll with the 2/sk1-1p-ESF.
You're correct, it should be 2/sk1-ESF instead of 2/sk1-1p-ESF. 1p is only used if there is an ENTIRE phrase to sing in between the last skipped window and the phrase in which the end squeeze occurs. The reason the 1p notation was created is so that you can know that you are supposed to sing that following phrase and not accidentally try to start end squeezing it. In cases like this one in Save Tonight, you already know you're not activating in the phrase with "and fight the break of dawn" because you already know you're skipping that window.

So the correct path is Save Tonight: 2/sk1-ESF, 2/sk1-ESF*, 2/sk2-ESF*, 2/ESF (eldersham)

And on another note, the two end squeezes before the talky can just go die in a fire. I have no idea how in the hell anyone gets even close to a full pie on that, I couldnt even get 10% of that damn thing. How in the world do you get a full pie on just a one syllable "Oh" talky?

BlueHair wrote:
Only The Good Die Young: 2/, 3/sk6-ES, 2/, 2/sk1 (dogfoodnyc)

This is accurate, and it's kind of cool to have a skip six notation, but as far as I can tell, this can much more easy to follow as:

Only The Good Die Young: 2/, 3/DOD-ES, 2/, 2/sk1 (dogfoodnyc)

It's been a long time since I posted here (I held out on Rock Band 4 until we could play online multiplayer), so howdy frands!
Thanks, yes we actually prefer not to have the big numbers, that's exactly what notations like "BOD", "DOD", and "AB" are for, so you don't have to count large numbers and potentially forget where you were.

TheAdept wrote:
Rainbow In The Dark: 2/PB, 2/, 3/ (redanteater)

In RB4 this no longer requires the pause button on the first activation so should be:

Rainbow In the Dark: 2/, 2/, 3/ (redanteater,TheAdept)
Noted, however usually it's good to use ! instead of PB on these since if PB was notated before, the window is going to pop up fast and be small.

OP UPDATED
IndestructibleSD  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In My Head: 2/sk3-ESF, 3/, 2/sk2-ESF (TheGameGuy)

Confirmed first activation is ESF rather than ESP.
eldersham  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

singemfrc wrote:

You're correct, it should be 2/sk1-ESF instead of 2/sk1-1p-ESF. 1p is only used if there is an ENTIRE phrase to sing in between the last skipped window and the phrase in which the end squeeze occurs. The reason the 1p notation was created is so that you can know that you are supposed to sing that following phrase and not accidentally try to start end squeezing it. In cases like this one in Save Tonight, you already know you're not activating in the phrase with "and fight the break of dawn" because you already know you're skipping that window.

So the correct path is Save Tonight: 2/sk1-ESF, 2/sk1-ESF*, 2/sk2-ESF*, 2/ESF (eldersham)

I'm going to have to go back and re-edit other paths if this is going to be the decision... but before I do I want to go through the following thought exercise... consider the following song:

Synthesized: 4/sk2-2p-ESF, 4/ EwO (dbforthree)

here's a snippet of the song to highlight that 1st activation:
( | to denote end of phrase lines, * to denote a possible activation point)

| 4th OD phrase | * 'i'm inside' * 'frequency' | 'synthesize synthesize' | 'i'm inside' * 'synthesize' |

so sk2 is at that 2nd star, with half of that phrase and another full phrase remaining before you reach the phrase you need to not sing - if you're going with that notation for Save Tonight, then by extension you'd have to denote this song by

Synthesized: 4/sk2-1p-ESF, 4/ EwO (dbforthree)

... which seems really awkward with 1.5 phrases left to sing after the sk2... if you're playing this through it's awkward to mentally count phrases until the squeeze but not include the phrase you're in... if there were ever a time where it was it was 4p / 5p i could see that being super confusing

I think anyone who really cares about our notation should look at this song and consider how we'd want to notate this situation and work backwards from there... there's 3 main options I can think of
1) leave it as singemfrc suggests, but figure out some better way of wording its description, because i don't think it's clear how it applies to the above scenario
2) drop the word 'full' from the description and leave it the way i've been doing it, having to read the '1p' in songs like Save Tonight and Call Me Maybe
3) hedge between the 2 and notate for part phrases, for example, it could look like:
Synthesized: 4/sk2-1.5p-ESF, 4/ EwO (dbforthree)

I don't really like 1 for the following reason: using this notation if you see an activation:
4/sk2-2p-ESF
you do things in the following order
a) focus on the OD bar and wait for it to fill
b) now focus on the yellow at the bottom and count 2 of those sections
c) now you're at the 2p, and the next thing you have to do is check your phrase pie, because if it's empty, you count 2 phrase lines until you begin the squeeze, but if it's not, you have to count 3 phrase lines to the squeeze

you have to operate under the assumption the person is unfamiliar with the song and path and is trying to do it on the fly... there's not really any particular reason to make them have to be aware whether they're in the middle of a phrase or not when they've been counting skips while singing

maybe it seems redundant to use 1p on songs like Save Tonight because you happen to see everything as it's all already on screen, but as Synthesized shows, that's not always going to be the case
if you still hate the redundancy even after this example, that's why i suggested the 3rd option, you could say -0.5p-ESF and then people who think one way can always just subtract the half and those who think the other way can add the half
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No it's not "1.5 phrases after the sk2" it's "1 phrase after the phrase with the sk2 in it" - all you need to remember is you're not counting phrases to sing until after the phrase with the last skipped window in it is complete. Putting decimal points in the paths would make it harder, not easier to read.
It says full phrases because you only use the 1p notation when there are whole phrases to sing, because if it were a partial it's because there's more than one window in the end squeeze phrase and then that's an ES#.

So in that example you just skip that second window, you sing the following phrase, and then you end squeeze the phrase after that. Exactly what 4/sk2-1p-ESF tells you to do in exactly that order.

The 1p tells you not to bother trying to end squeeze on "synthesize synthesize", because the whole reason for this notation is you can't always see enough of the phrase to know if that phrase is the one you're squeezing or not, and it's annoying to keep starting to squeeze a phrase when you don't need to and potentially miss because of it and have to start over.
eldersham  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2/sk1-ESF, 2/sk1-ESF, 2/sk2-ESF, 2/ESF (eldersham)

1st act you stop singing after the skip 1
2nd act you have to keep singing after the skip 1
yet you're notating them the same

this is an inconsistency with the thought process of how to most effectively notate where the squeeze begins, in my opinion
if your argument is - "apply common sense... obviously the squeeze doesn't start there since the phrase already began" i could argue by extension we don't even need the p-notation in the first place
if your counter is "you can't see it in the window and this one you can" my response is - what if it's not in the window in a song with long phrases like More Than Words?

whereas if you allowed 2/sk1-1p-ESF to mean skip 1, finish next phrase line, then squeeze begins (as opposed to making it be an entire phrase, which isn't always possible after a skip) then it still works
it has the added benefit of ensuring every time '#p' is used it means keep singing and all others mean stop singing

only saying again because i'm not certain my objection is understood fully...
for those that try to read paths on the fly and already know the p-notation, what do you think?
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok one last time:

ES - End squeeze immediately following the last overdrive phrase
sk#-ES - End squeeze the phrase that follows the phrase in which the last skipped window occurred
#p-ES - After completing the phrase with the last skipped window, sing completely # number of phrases, and then end squeeze the following phrase
ES# - Skip # number of activation windows in the phrase in which the end squeeze occurrs

If the path is not correct according to this notation, then correct the path so that it is correct according to this notation.
IndestructibleSD  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last Resort: 2/, 2/, 2/DOD-ES1(85%), 2/ (Cafin8edPenguin)

Same idea as original path, but better notation to reflect that the ES takes place in a OD phrase and skips one window within the ES.
jetsetradio11  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful: 3/sk2, 2/sk1-ESF, 2/sk1-ESF, 2/, 4/sk1-ESF, 2/ (DeathUnveiled)

This path gets 2k more than posted path
RodrigoTakashi  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twilight of the Thunder God: 3/sk1-ESF, 2/, 2/ (RodrigoTakashi)
wesker-kun  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently my path for "Viva la Gloria!" got replaced by a worse one

I believe the old path by me, Is the best one so far

EDIT: Apparently, OP put "Viva la Vida" path on "Viva la Gloria!" Place

Last edited by wesker-kun on Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 117, 118, 119 ... 207, 208, 209  Next
Page 118 of 209

Jump to: