FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
11/9 DLC: Joan Jett (RW) and Violent Femmes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:22 pm    Post subject: 11/9 DLC: Joan Jett (RW) and Violent Femmes Reply with quote

11_09_DLC_Twitter.png
Harmonix wrote:
Embrace everything '80s this week with two great rock songs from Joan Jett and Violent Femmes!

Joan Jett released "Bad Reputation" as the opening track on her self-titled 1980 studio album. In the song, Jett reacts to her tough personal experience with the music industry at the time, which is further narrated in the music video. "Bad Reputation" has become one of Jetts best-known songs and has been featured in groundbreaking scenes from television shows and films. The power and confidence in this song has allowed many to connect and identify with Jett and her D.I.Y. spirit. Just like in Rock Band 2, drums will be the toughest, as they they switch up beats throughout the song while keeping the tempo fast and peppy. The guitar and bass will also need to keep up the speed with the fast chord and rhythm changes but they do get some breaks between Jett's vocal part, which also proves to be a challenge between the eighth note phrasing and key change.

Switching gears we turn to a band that defies genres - Violent Femmes, who released their single Blister In The Sun on their self-titled debut album in 1983. The album received substantial airplay on college and early alternative radio and eventually went platinum. Blister In The Sun opens with the famous bass riff that is also the main vocal and guitar melody of the song; accompanied by snare hits that probably everyone claps together with right on cue. The song structure alternates between verse and chorus with an instrumental break, where each part gets their mini solo, right before the last chorus and outro. Although it may sound like a breezy folk song, the driving main riff during the verses will keep your hands moving and the guitar and bass parts during the choruses are constantly moving as well.

Available now on Xbox One and Playstation 4:

Rivals Season 3 Spotlight Pass - ($13.49/$13.49)

• Blister In The Sun by Violent Femmes ($1.99/$1.99)
    This track is supposed to be free with Season 3 Spotlight Pass, but at time of writing was not correctly showing free for me in the store.

• Bad Reputation (RW) by Joan Jett ($1.99/$1.99)

(Most tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation 4 system approximately 3 days after listed date)

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **

Note: As of this post, above tracks marked with are available for the Xbox One and tracks marked with are available for PlayStation 4; these tracks are not compatible with Playstation 3, Xbox 360, or Nintendo Wii.

Blister In The Sun will be added for scoretracking as soon as I find out how many vocal parts it has. Since DLCQuickplay (my previous source for that information) shut down, I can't find that out when the song isn't in my library.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: