FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
IF we ever got a Led Zeppelin 5 pack (not a request thread)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mninp  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:04 am    Post subject: IF we ever got a Led Zeppelin 5 pack (not a request thread) Reply with quote

Which songs would you want in the pack? Only one pack for all time, only 5 songs.

Personally...I would have to go with

Good Times, Bad Times- I know this is not a very popular choice, but all the instruments are working in perfect tandem here. There's just really nothing bad I can say about this song as far as the instrumentation goes. It's on fire, and would be a blast to play.

Ramble On- This is a no brainer.

Black Dog- Again, no brainer.

Kashmir- Have to have an epic.

Rock and Roll- Another blast to play.

No Stairway...I just feel like it wouldn't be as fun as some of these other ones. Immigrant Song, Communication Breakdown same thing. I want to have FUN playing these. I was tempted to put When the Levee Breaks, but opted for Kashmir instead. Whole Lotta Love would probably be my sixth choice. But hey, it's Led Zeppelin, at the end of the day I'd take anything.
llamaman2  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heartbreaker /Living Loving Maid (She's Just a Woman) - Firstly the 2 for 1 is huge as these are almost always played together like Brain Stew/ Jaded so I think its appropriate, and more Zeppelin is always better. Secondly the Heartbreaker solo would be incredibly fun to play.

Black Dog - A classic track that would be fun on all instruments

Immigrant Song - So much energy in the track it would be super fun to play, even though I think its not one of their best songs.

Rock and Roll - See Black Dog

Stairway to Heaven - It wouldn't be the most fun song to play, but a 5 song set without it just seems like a big hole. I'd certainly enjoy singing in this one and the majesty of the song itself can compensate for its lack of ideal rock band gameplay.

Also considered: Good Times, Bad Times, Moby Dick (drum solo!), Achilles Last Stand
Deschain  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Communication Breakdown - High energy Zep, with a great guitar solo and some vocal pyrotechnics.

2. Moby Dick - Page gets all the big solos, until now. Everybody else take a break! Outside the solo, this has one of the tastiest riffs of all time.

3. Since I've Been Loving You - My favorite of their slower songs, this would be even better with keys.

4. Nobody's Fault But Mine - Harmonica solo should totally be put on vocals, like Footloose and Fancy Free from RBN.

5. Heartbreaker /Living Loving Maid (She's Just a Woman) - Agree with llamaman2, sneak in as much Zep as possible, and there's precedent with Green Day/Beatles.

As this is what I'd want, Stairway didn't make it, but there's no way an actual pack would get into RB without it.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Deschain9 PSN Name: Deschain9
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: