FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Rank the Megadeth songs from easiest to hardest

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mninp  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:59 pm    Post subject: Rank the Megadeth songs from easiest to hardest Reply with quote

Doesn't matter what instrument. I can't pass half of them on guitar and even more of them on drums, so I don't think I'm qualified to make this ranking. I'm just curious how other people would order them. Just so everyone remembers which songs there are:

Peace Sells (Full Album)
Rust in Pecae (Full Album)
Sleepwalker
Public Enemy No. One
A Tout Le Monde
Trust
Dystopia
Symphony of Destruction

I don't think I'm missing any. If you don't want to rank them, just put down which ones you think are the hardest.
mninp  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I've done most of the in the past couple days. Some took me quite a few tries, others I somehow fluked in one try, others were easier than I thought. I still have about 7 more to do I think. Anyway here we go.

A Tout Le Monde- I didn't get the FC this time, but I've FC'd it before. Pretty easy, I don't even know why it's in "Moderate". It should be Solid.

Trust- I have no idea why the game thinks this is harder than SOD, but it's definitely not. This is a pretty easy one. The end solo is the only "hard" part and it lasts like 3 seconds.

Symphony of Destruction- Definitely a step up from the GH1 version, they upped the intensity here...especially in the pre-chorus. Not much else to say, I still need Overdrive to pass the solo.

Public Enemy No. One- I have no idea why this song is in the "Impossible" tier and apparently harder than Holy Wars and Hangar 18. This song isn't that bad. I 5 starred it pretty easily and I think I was only close to failing once or twice. The solos can get pretty crazy, but they don't last very long, so as long as you save Overdrive they're not too bad.

I Ain't Superstitious- Everything from here on out would probably be at the very least final tier in a regular GH/RB game. Overall, this song isn't THAT hard to pass...it's similar to Texas Flood in that each hard part tends to have a break right after so you can stock up on Overdrive. 5 Starring it is another matter...I wasn't even close.

Rust In Peace...Polaris- Very surprised at how easy this one was. While it wasn't THAT easy, it was much easier than I expected it to be, especially since the game puts it in the "Impossible" tier ahead of songs like "Hangar 18" and "My Last Words". Everything in the "Rust in Peace" part is pretty damn easy actually. The crazy stuff comes at the last minute and a half. That part is pretty tough, I barely made it through. However, I got the 5 Star, so that's something.

Lucretia- "Challenging" my ass. This song deserves to be in the latter half of "Nightmare". While the main riffs aren't THAT bad, they're still a finger killer as you frantically hop all around the fret board. However, the really hard part comes from the very long and very sadistic solo. I failed this song a bunch of times, but when I passed it I almost got the 5 Star.

Bad Omen- Outside the solo this on isn't too bad, but the second solo is absolutely insane, I NEED Overdrive to even barely make it through. The main riff isn't that bad, but it's definitely a finger killer.

My Last Words- This song has a bit of everything. Fast Ho/Po's, a crazy main riff and a incredibly fast alt strumming in the last minute of the song. The only break are the verses. The one's definitely a finger killer, I cannot for the life of me keep a combo during the main riff. The solo is tough, but not as hard as you'd expect it to be.

Holy Wars...The Punishment Due- Pretty much what you'd expect...this song is pretty crazy. The good news is that the middle part of it is very easy to rack up points, so you should get a 4 Star automatically. Getting a 5 Star comes from mastering the main riff, which I have not done yet. The hard part obviously comes from the crazy last solo, which is absolutely insane. I barely made it through in one try, but I did it.

Good Mourning.Black Friday- This song should be way further down the list than it is. The first half is easy, but once you hit about the halfway point, this song gets TTFAF crazy. I don't know how I did it in one go, but it's downright brutal.

The Conjuring- I was thinking about where to put this song. The first minute is a joke, but once that first solo hits...let me tell you, I failed this song so many damn times before I got it. Once you pas the first solo, it still doesn't let up. That main verse riff is absolutely insane. Thankfully, about halfway through it gets a easier to the point where you can confidently hit most of it. The chords are still pretty brutal, though. Definitely a very intense song.

Hangar 18- Definitely much harder than the GH2 version. Once you hit the halfway point, the song just doesn't let up. I BARELY passed this song in one go, I have no idea how I did it. Thankfully I did. But yeah, I shit ton of solos, this song is just ridiculous.

Sleepwalker- While this song doesn't have the amount of solos Hangar 18 has, it has a lot of other things going for it. The main verse riff is a finger killer, the chorus riff is similar to Holy Wars in that it's hard to combo correctly, and the riff before and after the solo is insane. The solo itself is pretty brutal as well. The point is, you're not safe in this song until you hit the final chorus and the last minute or so is easy.

I still got Wake Up Dead, Devil's Island, Take No Prisoners, Five Magics, Posions Was the Cure, Tornado of Souls and Dystopia to do. I don't have RB 2, so I won't be able to do Peace Sells, but it's all good.
ilblud91  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the perspective of someone who can comfortably pass all of these except Devils Island on a bad day:

Dawn Patrol
A Tout Le Monde
Trust
Symphony of Destruction
Public Enemy No. 1
Rust in Peace (Polaris)
I Ain't Superstitious
The Conjuring
Dystopia
Holy Wars... The Punishment Due
Peace Sells
Lucretia
My Last Words
Wake Up Dead
Good Mourning (Black Friday)
Poison Was the Cure
Tornado of Souls
Sleepwalker
Take No Prisoners
Five Magics
Bad Omen
Devils Island

I haven't played the RB4 songs, but I've played customs and I can't imagine they are that much different. I think my rankings might be a little different because I do it based on the hardest part. For example, Bad Omen might only have Solo 3, but to me that makes it harder to pass than something like Poison Was the Cure, which is more spread-out, so to speak.
PinkiePie91  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawn Patrol
A Tout Le Monde
Trust
Symphony of Destruction
Public Enemy No. 1
Rust in Peace (Polaris)
I Ain't Superstitious
The Conjuring
Dystopia
Holy Wars... The Punishment Due
Peace Sells
Lucretia
Wake Up Dead
Good Mourning (Black Friday)
Poison Was the Cure
Devils Island
Tornado of Souls
Sleepwalker
Take No Prisoners
Five Magics
Bad Omen
My Last Words

I would have to say it's close to this... yet it has been quite awhile since I've played a fair amount of the songs that are available. Though... I can't say that Devil's Island is the hardest song to pass. In which I would think that... possibly My Last Words/Bad Omen/Five Magics would be harder, as they are pretty much banking on that the intro solo to Devils Island is harder than the rest. In which... I think I'm comfortable (I can't spell, I ended up with Comfierfury, as I'm super tired lol) in saying I think this would logically be the list that I personally feel I'd go to, in an FC-breakdown for say... my personal skill set. But then I feel that I Ain't Superstitious is /massively/ under-rated. Oh well, I need to think of this as a personal opinion and not like a game of chess lol.
ilblud91  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally do think Devils Island's Solo 1 alone is hard enough to put it at the end of the list, especially since most of the rest of the song is tiresome galloping. Solo 2 is pretty nasty too, all things considered.

I think the only other real contenders are Bad Omen (Solo 3 is really hard, but it's the only super hard part of the song) and Five Magics (which is obviously just solo after solo). My Last Words is probably the hardest to FC because of the burst strumming, but otherwise its a longer, easier version of Take No Prisoners.

I also may have undertiered I Ain't Superstitious. I only put it so low because the one hard part, while insanely hard, is fairly short and the rest of the song is easy.
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you should fix your photobucket link
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: