FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
7/27 DLC: Rage Against The Machine (RW) and The Temper Trap

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:59 pm    Post subject: 7/27 DLC: Rage Against The Machine (RW) and The Temper Trap Reply with quote

RATMTTTTw.png
Harmonix wrote:
Coming over from the Rock Band VR soundtrack, weve got two great songs from Rage Against The Machine and The Temper Trap this week. Load them up and open the windows.

Previously on Rock Band 2 and currently on Rock Band VR, Testify is a Rage Against The Machine hit with strong performances on both Billboards Alternative and Mainstream Rock charts. When Rage Against The Machine went on their reunion tour, they opened nearly every show with Testify, a perfect testament to its staying power. Coming from The Battle of Los Angeles, the bands most modern album of original songs, Testify is a perfect example of Rage Against The Machines style. Tom Morellos guitar drips with pedals and effects, while Zack de la Rocha goes all in on vocals, only pausing to let the main guitar riff breathe.

Bens Take:
Ben, Systems Administrator
Opening with Tom Morellos signature guitar wash, Testify is one of my go-to air guitar and air drum tracks. The song is a monster, never letting up, with the guitar and bass offering lots of fun riffing, and challenging Zack de la Rocha vocals that are fun to scream along to. Each verse is a breakdown with flanging guitar floating around the edges and the bass dipping in and out to propel the song into the chorus. The guitar solo in freestyle mode will make you go absolutely bonkers like I do. Get your friends together, organize, Testify, and rock out.

Alive, The Temper Traps appearance on Rock Band VR, is also coming this week. Hailing from Australia, The Temper Trap moved to London and has put out three albums since. All three albums have charted very well in both the UK and their homeland, while garnering multiple wins at the ARIA Music Awards. Hailing from their most recent album Thick as Thieves, Alive is a ton of fun to play. The drums maintain a tough disco beat, making it the hardest part of the song. The harmonies can get pretty dense, and during the chorus they branch off of each other so that you and your friends are all tackling the line differently.

Dereks Take:
Derek Neurer, Community Manager
One of my favorite genres of music is indie rock, especially British, and I say The Temper Trap falls into that category because they moved to London before releasing their debut album. The sound is so well crafted and its right down my alley. The Temper Trap lives up to that, with a great summer sound thats easy to loop for days. Their latest album dropped in April, and the new DLC is in July, perfect summer timing. Alive has an excellent arena-filling chorus that never overstays its welcome. Its definitely one of my favorite songs on the album.

Available now on Xbox One and Playstation 4:

(Most tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation 4 system approximately 3 days after listed date)

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **

Note: As of this post, above tracks marked with are available for the Xbox One and tracks marked with are available for PlayStation 4; these tracks are not compatible with Playstation 3, Xbox 360, or Nintendo Wii.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: