FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Rock Band 4 Vocal Paths (On Disc, DLC, All Others)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 102, 103, 104 ... 207, 208, 209  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skellionz  

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well because following that I skipped a phrase not the activation and it was on the first one :p it's cool just change it back but add the P1 bit ;)

If the definition is wrong maybe it should be changed? That's how I've always followed it
cantbreak90  

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad Catholics: 4/sk1, 2/p1-sk1-ESF, 2/sk4 (Bansheeman55)

Runnin' with the Devil: 2/sk3-ESF, 3/sk1 (Bansheeman55)
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Down With The Sickness: 3/BOD, 2/BOD, 3/BOD (singemfrc)
PK is dead.
IndestructibleSD  

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Synthesized: 4/sk2-ESF, 4/ EwO (dbforthree)

scottck97  

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bored To Death: 4/sk2, 2/, 4/ (scottck97)

Last edited by scottck97 on Thu May 25, 2017 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
IndestructibleSD  

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posting for banshee.

Cross That Line: 4/sk2-1p-ESF, 2/sk1 (Bansheeman55)
You & Me: 4/AT, 2/ (Bansheeman55)
cantbreak90  

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell Me Baby: 2/RS, 2/-ESF, 2/RS, 2/1p-ESF, 3/-ESF (cantbreak90)

Based purely off ipather chart, but I'm pretty sure this is the path. Gonna give it a whirl in a few.

EDIT: The above path is correct. 223,812 currently #1 on PS4. 3K above next score.
eldersham  

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 Minutes To Midnight: 2/1p-ES2F, 3/1p-ES2F, 2!/, 2/sk1-ESF (Benjaxlax5)
an attempt to learn, and update, notation

3 AM: 2/, 2/sk2-ESF, 2/sk2 (eldersham)
basically adds the 1st activation to posted path that yields almost 3k extra

ABC: 4/sk1, 3/sk3-ESF (eldersham)
current path has 2nd activation at the beginning of this very same squeeze phrase so this is obviously better

Aces High (Live): 2/sk1-ESF, 3/sk1, 3/sk2 (eldersham)
leaves current 1st act but can clip on both of the other acts unlike current path

All the Rage Back Home: 4/, 4/sk1, 2/BOD (eldersham)
i have like 1000 more points than the current path's authors, and their 2nd act doesn't even net 2 full phrases, and my last act is effectively the same as theirs, so this is almost certainly better

Alone: 3/sk1-ESF-FRS 2/sk1, 2/ (Iggy-Sparks, DarthDonkeySH)
notation fix... path doesn't make any sense otherwise

Alone Time: 2/sk1-ESF*, 2/sk4-ESF, 2/ESF, 2/sk5-ES1F (eldersham) *Note: ESF only barely possible
This is about 700 theoretical points better than posted path, and I have already managed to beat current path's cap by ~600

Always: 3/sk1-ESF, 2/AT, 2/ (eldersham)
i don't know how credit is supposed to work so i'll just put me for now... the only hard thing to do in this song is get 2 full phrases on the 1st act, which i find much easier to do with this path than the one posted, so i think that makes this a better path

Last edited by eldersham on Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
IndestructibleSD  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Greatest Man Who Ever Lived: 3/, 2/ESF, 3/DOD-ESF, 2/ (themoron112/dbforthree)

Changing the third activation from 3/BOD to 3/DOD-ESF nets more points. 1st on PS4 with 322,868.

History Repeats: 2/DOD-ESF EwO (dbforthree)

I posted this as 3/DOD-ESF initially, which was incorrect.

Doin' That Rag: 3/, 3/, 3/sk1, 2/3p-sk1-ESF, 2/ (Roman/Shakamuda/Bansheeman55)

Updating notation on the 4th activation. 538,432. 2nd on PS4.
r0bd0g  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"You actually LOSE OD from pausing while OD is deployed on vox now, although HMX has not publicly confirmed that."

If this is true then you may have a new type of pause-kill paths on your hands. Might have to pause a few times to do it. Probably a semi-rare occurrence. HMX is known for thinking things through. Pause extend is dead but is pausing repeatedly (or even just once or twice) still cheating... :p
eldersham  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since you posed the question, can somebody talk about this on community message boards and get back to me on whether or not we're doing this? Because I've already had this thought, tried it (successfully) on a song and will have at least one path ready if the community gives the green light.

I also suggest a notation like PBRS (pause button reverse squeeze) if this is getting incorporated into paths.

P.S. for the record I have not posted a score on said song and will not on any others I find until we give the green light. I in fact have already expressed these concerns to HMX.
r0bd0g  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With pause extend you had to advance the track past where you originally paused before pausing again would increase OD. Is that still the case with this new pause contract?

I wouldn't be surprised actually, if it were specifically the opposite of that, and you have to pause WITHOUT advancing the track. That would make sense b/c rather than fix this bug, they've implemented a hack to remove OD, which might be erroneously applying every time you pause, even if the track hasn't advanced.

That's my theory anyway, and it would be easy to test by always advancing the track and seeing if OD is still decreased. I'm curious if I have the right idea here or if they overcompensated on purpose.
IndestructibleSD  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

r0bd0g wrote:
With pause extend you had to advance the track past where you originally paused before pausing again would increase OD. Is that still the case with this new pause contract?

I wouldn't be surprised actually, if it were specifically the opposite of that, and you have to pause WITHOUT advancing the track. That would make sense b/c rather than fix this bug, they've implemented a hack to remove OD, which might be erroneously applying every time you pause, even if the track hasn't advanced.

That's my theory anyway, and it would be easy to test by always advancing the track and seeing if OD is still decreased. I'm curious if I have the right idea here or if they overcompensated on purpose.

My experience from fairly extensive testing post-patch is that any pause, regardless of where you aim your next pause, will result in a net loss of OD if you have OD deployed when you pause. A pause while OD isn't deployed still behaves the same (nothing is lost). HMX did not fix the underlying issue, they implemented a workaround to subtract an amount of OD larger than what could be gained from pausing prior to the patch.

The major takeaway for vox score-chasers is that you now need to make an effort to minimize the number of pauses used while OD is deployed. Prior to the patch, you could pause to line up a squeeze, pause right as you activate to hit an ESF, etc, but after the patch each of these pauses has a cost. In the case of the ESF, obviously the ~4k points you get from it vastly dwarfs the small amount of OD you'll lose, but HMX has raised the skill ceiling in that there is now incentive to try hitting ESFs without pausing at all.

As far the as the PBRS (pause button reverse squeeze), I feel if the PK (pause kill) was legal, this should be too. Yes, it feels scummy to pause the game 8 or 9 times to reduce your OD such that you don't pick up an extra OD phrase as OD runs out, but given the nature of HMX's lazy fix to pauses extending OD, it is unlikely this engine wart ever gets fixed. Just my two cents on the PBRS, I haven't used it on any posted score yet.
r0bd0g  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The argument that if pause killing was allowed, this should be too, doesn't quite hold water, because it assumes some level of internal consistency that the rules regarding pausing on vocals have never had. I can say, 'If pausing repeatedly to extend overdrive was banned, this should be too.' Essentially we need singemfrc to flip a coin and tell us if it's legal.
IndestructibleSD  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

r0bd0g wrote:
The argument that if pause killing was allowed, this should be too, doesn't quite hold water, because it assumes some level of internal consistency that the rules regarding pausing on vocals have never had. I can say, 'If pausing repeatedly to extend overdrive was banned, this should be too.' Essentially we need singemfrc to flip a coin and tell us if it's legal.

I don't recall pausing repeatedly being formally banned? Singemfrc may have said it was cheating in the locked thread dedicated to that discussion, but there's no enforcement as far as scores posted on this site. That's partly because it's impossible to police unless you know exactly how many points should be there. That itself is a pretty audacious claim outside of heavily controlled scenarios (i.e. songs with obvious optimals).

PBRS would be easier to police, because it will enable paths that are otherwise impossible which is more obvious than a couple hundred points. But unless there are people looking for these scores and proving there isn't another legit path, you'll probably still see those scores pop up on the leaderboards or here. And I just question the motivation to verify a non-legit path unless it's a Rivals spotlight or something. I don't have a horse in the race whether it's legit or not, I just question the purpose of a decision unless people care enough to look/prove a score as non-legit and ultimately get the score removed. If not, it's little more than a moral high ground.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 102, 103, 104 ... 207, 208, 209  Next
Page 103 of 209

Jump to: