FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
One Man Harmonies - Activating during harmonies

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UltraHeroABC5  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:31 am    Post subject: One Man Harmonies - Activating during harmonies Reply with quote

Hey guys, I'll try to cut this short
So, I'm playing Green Day Rock Band which probably has the easiest songs for harmonies, and I'm on Hitchin' A Ride. At the end, there's harmonies; it starts off with a blue line from Billie then goes to the harmonies with Mike and Tre (I think). I'm wondering, if this question isn't too stupid, how to activate during said Mike/Tre parts? I've tried to do everything and it will not activate at all. Is it possible to activate during a window where there's other harmonies on that line, if that makes sense too. For reference, the path I was using is 2/ 3/ 2/ (not including talkies in the count), and it's the last act. Thanks for the help.
LucasPWNS8907  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without playing the song I can't explicitly tell you if you can directly activate on the harmony entrance there. But, in general for harmonies, any time there is only one line (no matter the color) you can activate. Also, on regular parts without any vocals at all you are able to activate (if you're wanting to reverse squeeze or there are no better options).
It gets slightly more complicated when you have multiple lines going at once. If both lead (blue line) and harmony 1 (or 2) are charted, you cannot activate until a large enough gap in singing shows up on one of those charts. If, however, harmonies 1 and 2 are singing together and there is no lead line, you are free to activate whenever you want as if you were singing the lead line alone on harmonies. Basically, lead line gets its own activation windows and the two harmony lines are coupled together into sharing activation windows. That's why if only both harmonies are charted, you can activate. It treats it as one line for activation purposes. I hope I explained this well enough.
In your case, if there is a window and it's just not setting off then you just need some tips for voice activating. On that kind of engine, I find it considerably less reliable to just yell or do a "whooo" noise like in RB2. Instead, what works best for me is to sustain an off pitch note for about a second before you want it to go off. If you sing too close to what's charted, you risk missing the opportunity because the game thinks you're wanting to sing the line.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: LucasPWNS8907 PSN Name: TheyCallMeLucas
UltraHeroABC5  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot, that helped!
r0bd0g  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My trick to activate during harmonies is to sing into one mic while rubbing the other two mics together.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: