FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Tambos/Claps stricter on RB3 engine?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UltraHeroABC5  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:23 pm    Post subject: Tambos/Claps stricter on RB3 engine? Reply with quote

Hello all. First off, I apologize if this thread has been made already, but yeah I couldn't find anything.
So after playing some RB2 vox, I decided to pop in RB3 for a bit. Everybody knows about the glitched talkies, but I can hit those easily with two mics and what not. However, there's something else that was bothering me: Tambos/Claps. I'm not sure if they are stricter or not, or maybe there's lag (I'm on wii, if that makes a difference), or if they are different from RB2's taps, or something like that. Also, the song I was looking at these taps on were Saturday Night's Alright (if again, that makes a difference)
Thanks for the help.
LucasPWNS8907  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played RB3 pretty extensively back in the day and never noticed any tambo issues and don't recall hearing about anyone else experiencing issues with them. Calibration is probably the most critical thing to verify. I find the controller to be most successful in hitting them too as opposed to whacking the mic. Having not played on the Wii version myself, I don't know if you have a button you can press for taps.
It's worth noting that RB3's mic sensitivities are all maxed out by default and you cannot change that. I think a problem potentially arises in taps due to this. Because the mic is extra sensitive, if there's a lot of ambient noise or even too much mic movement, it acts as if you're doing taps. When a tap is done, I think there's a little bit of a built in delay before you are able to strike one again. So, if the game is picking up extra noise as taps, then it may be preventing you from actually striking the charted taps. You can tell if there's too much ambient noise in a tap section by listening for a difference. If it's not picking up too much noise, the taps will resonate. If there is too much noise, the taps will mute from one to the next. You'll hear the initial hit, but you won't hear the tambourine-like effect that continues jingling. If you do have too much ambient noise, try holding the mic as still as possible or getting a mic stand and turn the volume down or sit farther away from the TV and any other sound sources. I hope this helps!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: LucasPWNS8907 PSN Name: TheyCallMeLucas
UltraHeroABC5  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help. Yes, on the wii version you can press the A button on the wiimote, I'll attempt that. And also, I'll test my volume settings, I might've had my volume on too loud on my tv. Thanks again, Lucas!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: