FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Ripping charts for pathing? (RB4)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lsapg09  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:50 am    Post subject: Ripping charts for pathing? (RB4) Reply with quote

Wow I have not been on here in a longggggggg time.
Does anyone have any experience in the process of exporting charts from Rock Band? It's been several years since I've done anything relative to using charts for pathing. I'm not looking for someone to spit out an auto-charting bot like apathtoofar, but I just want to know if there's anyone else out there interested in getting the chart files made (or can do it themselves ).

<--------------- ON RB2. YEAH I'M THAT AWESOME
http://www.youtube.com/user/lsapg09
http://www.twitch.tv/andpeegee
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: andpg
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajanata or codemann8 are the people who could that. but since it's a on next-gen console, I bet the code will have to be redone before any attempt be made.

you can contact both on twitter by their SH's nickname

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say that the code probably doesn't have to change much. In fact, chances are most of the formats will remain the same with minor tweaks as new features and abilities are added to new games. The fact that it's only on next-gen consoles just adds additional complexity to extracting the data from the game disc.

As of now, I don't have any methods for extracting game data off of PS4 or Xbox1. But ajanata is your man for RB charts, he has the code to generate RB charts, I have code to convert his charts into ones I can use on PathHero.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: codemann8 PSN Name: codemann8
MaximusDM  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But path hero doesn't have support for RB3 and RB4 engine with band phrases counting in solo play.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

surprize nothing been done to that in a year.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably not anytime soon. You should be asking threads on nextgenupdate for ps4 and se7ensins for xboxone. The problem is the files on the new systems are still encrypted. I got as far as putting the files on my PC but they are all .xvi files and gibberish. On ps4 stuff looks more hopeful. With the 1.76 Ver exploit they have gotten all the way to FTP transfer. Unfortunately I don't own one so I can't confirm if the files are also encrypted. I'm sure they are as figuring that out would mean starting to jailbreak and no real jailbreak exploit has been found. You can brute force it but it'll be more likely they get their hands on a dev kit or jtag the xboxone. This will allow backwards engineering and decrypting the files. I'm assuming the person who made LeFluffie worked off the files already being decrypted, but i could be wrong.

TL:DL I don't think charts will start popping up until you start seeing jtag xbox's and jailbroken ps4's.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: