FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Riot Act...WTF?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mninp  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:50 pm    Post subject: Riot Act...WTF? Reply with quote

I have around 350 DLC songs total, most of them are metal and classic rock. Very few of them I can't at least beat. I can 5 star most of them. I can beat every song on both of the Megadeth albums, 5 starring most of them.

Riot Act...I can't even make it 30 seconds. I don't understand it. I can't even read the main riff with the chords. How is this song in Nightmare category? Is it just me that has trouble with this one and can beat songs that are considered to be harder without much trouble?
DivineSmooof  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The song is under Nightmare difficulty due to the way Rock Band 3 handles tiering. Tiering songs is done by giving each song an arbitrary number (which is how RB1/2/3 sorts songs within each difficult. In RBN, each difficulty is represented by the same number across songs (aka Warmup would be something like 20, nightmare is at 400, etc., which is also why RBN songs are tiered next to each other). However, the number given for Impossible tier songs was lower than the number RB3 used to label songs. (The number used for impossible tier in RBN1 was something like 550, but the number used for impossible tier in RB3 was higher than that (maybe 600), causing all RBN1 songs that would come up as impossible tier in RB2 to only appear as nightmare tier.)

tldr; it's not supposed to be nightmare tier

Sorry if I explained it badly, but that's the reason Riot Act is nightmare tier.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In regards to your second question, the chart most certainly is difficult if you have trouble doing chords. Personally, I think it's arguable one of the most fun guitar charts I've ever played.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fun? I feel like we have a different opinion of "fun". I 5 starred Poison Was the Cure on Expert in one try. It wasn't even close either. THAT was a fun song. How in the heck can't I even make it halfway through this song? I consider myself to be really good at chords, I just can't even read the chart. I'm fine until the chords come in, then I die almost instantly. I would put this song up there with Through the Fire and Flames, and some other crazy songs that are out there that I haven't tried yet. Seriously, this song is out of this world hard. Harder than any Megadeth/Slayer/Anthrax/Testament song on the board. I think it's even harder than Thrasher actually, which I 4 starred.
Nubnut  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Riot Act is nowhere near as difficult as most of the Slayer/Megadeth/Evile songs when it comes to FC'ing, but it can be more difficult to pass if you're not used to quick chord changes. My only suggestion would be to downstrum every single chord in the main riff, regardless of whether it's a hammer-on or not. Once you learn the pattern the song is actually quite easy outside of the solo and post-solo chord riff.
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
JODIsBack  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DivineSmooof wrote:
The song is under Nightmare difficulty due to the way Rock Band 3 handles tiering. Tiering songs is done by giving each song an arbitrary number (which is how RB1/2/3 sorts songs within each difficult. In RBN, each difficulty is represented by the same number across songs (aka Warmup would be something like 20, nightmare is at 400, etc., which is also why RBN songs are tiered next to each other). However, the number given for Impossible tier songs was lower than the number RB3 used to label songs. (The number used for impossible tier in RBN1 was something like 550, but the number used for impossible tier in RB3 was higher than that (maybe 600), causing all RBN1 songs that would come up as impossible tier in RB2 to only appear as nightmare tier.)

tldr; it's not supposed to be nightmare tier

Sorry if I explained it badly, but that's the reason Riot Act is nightmare tier.

The 'impossible tier' number for RBN1 songs was 406 (as Shackler's Revenge, the final 'nightmare tier' song in RB2 was 405). However, the final nightmare tier song in RB3 (No One Knows) was given a higher number at about 408, so as a result the songs in between those numbers went from Impossible tier to Nightmare tier, which included Sin Wagon, My Last Words, The Metal, and every RBN1 'impossible' song since those songs were assigned to the start of RB2's impossible tier.

You could actually see the difficulty data for the RB songbase up to when the Bob Marley pack came out in Feb 2011 here: http://pksage.com/rockbandsongs.php
sandertristan  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am an amateur to the playing the guitar..just started learning and getting my chords right,, i want to challenge myself by taking on this song..do not want to out wit anyone but when i make it i will definitely post about the results..
see how long it takes me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: