FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Breakdown of the 1 Song FC'ed With Hi-Hat Pedal (YTWDWY)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FingerQuick  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:50 pm    Post subject: Breakdown of the 1 Song FC'ed With Hi-Hat Pedal (YTWDWY) Reply with quote

**READ ALL OF THIS (ESPECIALLY THE RULES) BEFORE SCROLLING DOWN/POSTING PLEASE**

1) No postwhoring. This is a general technique discussion thread. As such, it is a place where you can discuss technique, discussion of song stats, ways to format the list better, etc. This thread is not a place to put one-word, Youtube-style comments. Post such as these will be deleted without warning.

This thread is also not an accomplishment thread. If you want to congratulate someone for their FC, please do so in their thread in the Accomplishments forum. Posts that only congratulate people will be deleted without warning.

2) If a song hasn't been FCed yet and you are wondering why not, read the OP. Many have gone to great lengths and in great detail to thoroughly explain why a song is so difficult to FC. If you post asking this, it will be deleted without warning.

3) Do not argue about whether a song is impossible or not to FC. It is pointless speculation. Posts asking this will be deleted without warning.

4) Flaming will not be tolerated. Anyone who flames someone will be temporarily or permanently banned from the forums.

5) DO NOT DISCUSS BANNED USERS. They are banned for a reason and have no place in a thread on ScoreHero.

Use this thread for its intended purpose and follow the rules or the thread will be closed and will not be recreated again.

**THANK YOU.**

Intro

Due to recent controversy of the latest achievement, people have begun to claim that using a hi hat pedal is cheating, but others dont think the same. This will be the list of all songs fced with a hi hat pedal. Video proof will be required to take a song off this list so we can see if a hi hat pedal is being used.

Lists

Songs re-FCed without use of a hi hat pedal after the first FC was used with one:

none

Descriptions

Songs FCed by using a hi hat pedal that have not yet been re-FCed, in order of difficulty:

1. Your Treachery Will Die With You
  • Hardest Part(s): Outro at 3:36, blasts throughout song.

GHWoR Season 14 Leagues Champion
GH3 TTFAF FC - 6/3/2012
Join monthly GH3 Xbox LIVE GH Tournaments with us!

46|62|29|70|41|85|49|48|85|46|93|42
Full Series: 696/702
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: FingerQuickSH Wii Friend Code: 2581587414697466
iHomer  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL!!! Might as well make a breakdown for guitar songs FCed with tapping and elbow strumming.

[7:39 PM] Nick Bibeau: im expecting this thread to get deleted by tonight so idc

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

b&
rip

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iHomer wrote:
LOL!!! Might as well make a breakdown for guitar songs FCed with tapping and elbow strumming.

what, you mean this thread??

to be fair though, i think using a hi hat pedal is perfectly legit, and not really any different than using a cymbal to avoid crossovers

as long as it only plays one pad or pedal, it's fine

also, doesn't the drummer for Def Leppard use a shitload of pedals to compensate for only having one arm?

Last edited by megallica on Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:04 am; edited 1 time in total
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Polly???
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
yksi-kaksi-kolme  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread is completely useless. Pretty sure the rules say that you can use any input as long as it triggers only one note at once. So who cares if you use a pedal or your arm? Honestly...

My Accomplishments - GH | RB || My Youtube Channel || My Customs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: YksiKaksiKolme
Pig-serpent  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I imagine some people believe that it's cheating to play something with your foot that the charters intended you to play with your hands. Personally, I don't really care, but I think the list might be good to keep around if someone really cares and wants to try to do it themselves.
inv4der  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pig-serpent wrote:
I imagine some people believe that it's cheating to play something with your foot that the charters intended you to play with your hands. Personally, I don't really care, but I think the list might be good to keep around if someone really cares and wants to try to do it themselves.

It's not cheating. If you check the SH guidelines (HMX hasn't made any because they don't care how you play) the rule is one input per player action. Use of a pedal to hit a pad note conforms to this rule. Any debate is pointless because there is nothing "illegal" being done. This isn't even as objectionable as bootlegging since you're still hitting notes.

The other thing is that there are maybe two or three people total who could hit this section without using a pedal for the yellows, and they don't care. (One of them is the one who did the pedal FC. >__>)

No one will ever try to FC this any other way so there's no point in this thread since it'll always be 1 song that no one wants to do. (Or that more than five people COULD do in any way.)

My feeling is that this thread is basically just here to be annoying to someone.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[7:59:34 PM] Nick Bibeau: this is literally the first thread/post i've made in like 2 years that is incredibly stupid

[8:23:15 PM] Nick Bibeau: because im totally serious about that thread

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:33 pm    Post subject: update Reply with quote

Any updates? This one song has really been the dagger that the community needs to remedy.

inv4der  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:23 am    Post subject: Re: update Reply with quote

WHOKILLEDKENNY9 wrote:
Any updates? This one song has really been the dagger that the community needs to remedy.

This song has been FCed.

If you're implying that the use of hi-hat pedal makes that not true, you're either an idiot or a troll. There are 4 actually un-FCed songs still and anyone who can do YTWDWY without a pedal (mazegeek) would ideally spend his time on those instead.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time for an update.

Heaven Is A Place On Earth
Grand-master  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMAO

I forgot this thread exists. Looks like someone will need to FC it without a hi-hat pedal now (^:
Hitoshura  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maze did the outro without a hi-hat pedal, just not the whole song (to my knowledge).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0degu5DKdmM

So, it's possible.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First documented

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1ceXd2QG88

please add gh3 and gha career battles score tracking thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: