FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Getting Game Data from XBox One

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DarylZero  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:06 pm    Post subject: Getting Game Data from XBox One Reply with quote

Anyone have any ideas or resources since it will be relevant for iPather soon enough? Of course, nothing that would cause any potential issues for being posted publicly to SH.

Obviously we won't know RB specifics until it is released.

This is kind of a placeholder thread until RB4's release gets closer (and I actually get an xbone).

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posting to get notifications. I'm interested as well for RB4 purposes.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IIRC, as of right now, there are no tools to extract data from Xbox One games.

With that being said, the games can easily be stored on external hard drives, and from what I remember, changing some information on the hard drive's storage type leads to being able to see contents within the hard drive- so I'm sure something will emerge eventually.
SOADfan44  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I've been wondering for awhile is if someone could make customs for the RB4 songs with exactly the same OD placements, would that pass as good for ipather since it would contain a MIDI file?
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: bHxPsYcHoTaCo PSN Name: xvxRevokexvx
DarylZero  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOADfan44, do you mean for someone to transcribe the on-disc songs note for note, OD for OD, etc.? That seems like an extraordinary amount of effort that would be impossible to be 100% perfect.

Maybe it could be a reasonable approximation, but I'm not sure how feasible it is to manage some process for people to agree on a canonical, user-submitted transcription.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump. Want this to be worked on. What can be done?

<--------------- ON RB2. YEAH I'M THAT AWESOME
http://www.youtube.com/user/lsapg09
http://www.twitch.tv/andpeegee
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: andpg
SOADfan44  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lsapg09 wrote:

Literally nothing at this point unless xbox one will allow usb support
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: bHxPsYcHoTaCo PSN Name: xvxRevokexvx
TehBanStick  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOADfan44 wrote:
lsapg09 wrote:

Literally nothing at this point unless xbox one will allow usb support

It does, you just need 500gb+ usb 3 or whatever they require. Doesn't help anything because the contents are encrypted.
MaximusDM  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And what about PS4?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy

SAVE THE WHALES!!!
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Ronnie Aguilar PSN Name: RonnieAguilar
aimeusdietger  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaximusDM wrote:

minotaurfightstore minotaurfightstore minotaurfightstore minotaurfightstore minotaurfightstore minotaurfightstore minotaurfightstore minotaurfightstore

And what about PS4?

guidomaggi | https://www.guidomaggi.com/us/men/boots/ | this is official scarpe con rialzo uomo website

Its 2018..can anyone tell me if this can apply to the ps4?? how i wish it was easy to get tools to crack such software.

Last edited by aimeusdietger on Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:22 pm; edited 19 times in total
DosParkers  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reading file data from Xbox One or PS4 is very likely to never happen.
The reason is both consoles use heavy encryption on their file system. With the Xbox One using overkill encryption.
It's very simple to move files from the consoles onto a flash drive but nothing is able to decrypt / read them.

Quote:
The most common questions I am asked pertain to encryption. It is a huge part of the PS4's security which prevents us from analysing firmware updates, games, saves and more.

The reason I didn't mention encryption in my last article is because trying to defeat it would be a complete waste of time. The PS4 uses AES (like the PS3 and PS Vita), which is the same type of encryption used by the U.S. government.

People also don't seem to realise that there are multiple encryption keys used within the PS4; even if we found a way to decrypt save data, we still wouldn't be able to decrypt PUP updates for example.

With the current level of access we have to the PS4 there is no way to get any keys: brute forcing them would take longer than the lifetime of the universe even under ideal conditions, and I doubt any of the few engineers at Sony trusted with them would want to lose their job by leaking them.

The only exception to this is would be for implementation mistakes such as the PS3's infamous use of the constant 4 instead of what should have been a random number.

Whilst it is unlikely that Sony has made another mistake like this in the core of the PS4's encryption, it is not uncommon for other companies to accidentally give us access to unencrypted content. If you snoop around various games' update servers, you might find some debug ELFs for example.

Furthermore, encryption on the PS4 is handled by a separate processor, called SAMU, which is very locked down. Even with a kernel exploit, the SAMU processor is one of the few areas which we don't have complete control over. Although we can interact with it to decrypt almost everything, it is impossible to extract any keys so that decryption could be done externally.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: