FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Extracting .dta files from the Rock Band disc

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peachfanclub  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:18 am    Post subject: Extracting .dta files from the Rock Band disc Reply with quote

So I was using Reaper the other day and I decided that I was going to make upgrades for songs that weren't exportable from legacy Rock Band titles (i.e., Battery, Enter Sandman, and Run to the Hills specifically). The problem is, they're not exportable. I know they're technically playable in RB3, since I've seen people do it, but where do I get the songs.dta files from?
8/7/18 - Fury of the Storm FC

On Jan 24, 2016, AdamHero wrote:
peach you are good at guitar hero
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Peachfanclub PSN Name: Peachfanclub Wii Friend Code: 0475108893170582
LocalH  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The information needed in the individual songs.dta files is available in from songs/gen/songs.dtb within the ARK (use ArchiveExplorer to extract the needed files from the disc. To decrypt the DTB and convert it to DTA, you'll need the commandline tools found in this pack (when using dtbcrypt with RB1 and newer, make sure you use the -n switch, -o is only for GH1/2/80s). If you happen to have RB1 PS2, they neglected to remove the original source DTA files from the disc before mastering, and you can look at songs/songs.dta directly.

Alakaiser sez: POST BECAUSE YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, NOT BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO SAY SOMETHING.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: