FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
RB4 Version 1.03 Update Important Details

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KoushiroIzumi  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:15 pm    Post subject: RB4 Version 1.03 Update Important Details Reply with quote

According to the update, career scores now count towards leaderboards.

From what I remember, you're not allowed to input scores on ScoreHero from Career Mode on RB4, but since they do now count towards leaderboards, does that mean we can now submit scores from Career Mode too?

I didn't see anything in the update history mentioning that your OverDrive meter will be reset between songs in Career Mode now, but that's the only way I could imagine Career Mode scores would be allowed to post to the leaderboards.

Something to note, all cities are now available to play in during Career Mode (not sure fan requirements, but I did fully complete every other gig in the game up to the point where the cities were locked and you couldn't access them).

The following shows were added to my list in Career Mode, that were previously not listed with the other shows and/or cities were locked prior to the update:

Amsterdam - Pop-Rock Tribute 2
Boston - New Wave Tribute 2
Dublin - Pop/Dance Tribute 2
London - Metal Tribute 2
Los Angeles - Punk Tribute 2
Paris - Prog Tribute 2
Perth - Nu-Metal Tribute 2
Seattle - R&B/Soul Tribute 2
Seoul** - '00s Tribute 2
Shanghai** - Classic Rock Tribute 2
Stockholm** - Grunge Tribute 2
Sydney - '60s Tribute 2
Tokyo** - Indie Rock Tribute 2
Vancouver - '70s Tribute 1

Cities with ** after their name indicate this city was locked prior to the update, and has now been unlocked.

For those wondering, I have 582,757 Fans in the game. Which is how many fans you should have after 5-star'ing every song in Career Mode in every show prior to this update that added the 14 new shows listed above.

Full Combo'ing songs doesn't seem to make a difference, I didn't get any Fan increase in shows that I played after going back and FC'ing it (assuming I messed up on one of the songs), so don't worry about having to FC anything, just aim for 5 stars to get the maximum amount of fans possible. Difficulty also doesn't make a difference (I went back and re-did the same show while getting 5 stars on every song on Hard after 5-star'ing them all on Medium, and ended up with no fan increase).

Another thing for those who have still not attained the Locked In trophy, the Full Streak glitch has been fixed in this update. You should now be able to earn Full Streak on every song you play in Play A Show mode, so no more having to Skip Songs just to get to the next song that would give you Full Streak award.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CONFIRMED: Multiplier and OverDrive do NOT carry over between songs in Career Mode or Play A Show mode anymore, so any scores you obtain in either of these modes IS allowed to be posted on ScoreHero, because they now work the same as they do in Quickplay.

Also, after playing a show, a new show has been unlocked in Bogota - '80s Tribute 1. You get that when you attain 460,000 fans apparently, there seems to be more shows to unlock as I slowly play these. Next unlock is at 470,000 fans (which I already have, but I need to play another show for it to unlock, because you can only get one of these "unlockable after reaching X number of fans" per show you complete).

Edit: I won't be able to play any more sets until later tonight, but as soon as I play more, I'll post update with what you unlock and what the requirement is.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoops, forgot to post this before, but for whatever reason, HMX decided to include the notes AFTER the Big Rock Ending as part of your streak, even though in every game up to now they were excluded from your combo.

Should we be posting scores using this new system, or go by the old method where we exclude any notes after the Big Rock Ending? There's several songs that have them that came out before this patch update, so all of our note counts for a FC would be incorrect if we also started to include the notes with our streak, as opposed to any scores posted before the update...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, so here we go. After obtaining the 14 shows with the new update, every time you complete a show and have at least this many fans, these are the tributes that you unlock along with the city that I unlocked them in. I'm sure that it'll be different depending on how many DLC songs you've downloaded, but this is what I received as additional tribute shows with the 509 songs I have (RB4, RB3, RB Blitz, Green Day RB, RB4 DLC, RB Legacy DLC):

470,000 fans - '90s Tribute 1 - Berlin
480,000 fans - '00s Tribute 1 - Sydney
490,000 fans - Classic Rock Tribute 1 - Auckland
500,000 fans - Indie Rock Tribute 1 - Moscow
510,000 fans - Metal Tribute 1 - Reykjavik
520,000 fans - New Wave Tribute 1 - Rio
530,000 fans - Nu-Metal Tribute 1 - Rome
540,000 fans - Pop-Rock Tribute 1 - Austin
550,000 fans - Pop/Dance Tribute 1 - Minneapolis
560,000 fans - Prog Tribute 1 - Lima
570,000 fans - Punk Tribute 1 - Seoul
580,000 fans - Women in Indie Rock - Shanghai
590,000 fans - Women in Pop Tribute - Stockholm
600,000 fans - Women of the '00s Tribute - Tokyo
610,000 fans - '70s Classic Rock Tribute - St Louis
620,000 fans - '70s Rock Tribute - Montreal
630,000 fans - '80s Metal Tribute - New York
640,000 fans - '80s Rock Tribute - London
650,000 fans - '90s Alternative Tribute - Boston
660,000 fans - '90s Metal Tribute - Perth
670,000 fans - '90s Punk Tribute - Amsterdam
680,000 fans - '90s Rock Tribute - Dublin
690,000 fans - '00s Alternative Tribute - Paris
700,000 fans - '00s Metal Tribute - Bogota
710,000 fans - '00s Nu-Metal Tribute - Los Angeles
720,000 fans - '00s Pop-Rock Tribute - Seattle
730,000 fans - '00s Punk Tribute - Sydney
740,000 fans - '00s Rock Tribute - Vancouver
750,000 fans - '10s Alternative Tribute - Berlin
760,000 fans - '10s Indie Rock Tribute - Auckland
770,000 fans - '10s Metal Tribute - Shanghai
780,000 fans - '10s Nu-Metal Tribute - Stockholm
790,000 fans - '10s Pop-Rock Tribute - Tokyo
800,000 fans - '10s Pop/Dance Tribute - St Louis
810,000 fans - Green Day Tribute - Montreal
820,000 fans - Iron Maiden Tribute - Moscow
830,000 fans - Linkin Park Tribute - Reykjavik
840,000 fans - Ozzy Osbourne Tribute - New York
850,000 fans - Rush Tribute - Rio

Supposedly when I unlocked the Rush Tribute, it said that I would get another Tribute show when I reach 860,000 fans, but nothing ever unlocked after completing the next show. I currently have 1,041,757 fans so I know that I have more than enough. I'm assuming when I download more songs, it'll give me the next show.

One thing to note is that a Tribute show will probably not show up for you unless you own at LEAST 7 songs by that artist/genre/time period/etc, because each of these tribute shows are 4 song shows from what I remember, and you cannot vote for a final song if there would only be 3 songs in that list to choose from (after playing 2 songs, you would have to pick 2 more songs. This means that after you pick the 3rd song, you would need to have at least 4 songs to choose from, so that even if you choose to go through More Songs, it would just re-arrange the same 4 songs you own that haven't been chosen, since you don't have any others).

I'm going to be under the assumption that I need to have at least one NEW show to play to unlock any more Tribute shows from here on out (when I buy more DLC songs), so out of the 13 new shows I have left to do, I'm only going to do 12 of them. I would recommend everyone does the same when they finally finish unlocking tribute shows for their DLC. Leave yourself with 1 show unplayed, so when you decide to buy more DLC songs, you won't be SOL out of getting access to its Tribute Show in career.

If anyone else has anything to add to this, please feel free to post!

EDIT: The new update states that by playing an Encore in Career you get a bonus. The only bonus you get is a 15% bonus for the Cash Reward. You do NOT get a fan bonus for playing an Encore, so feel free to turn them down after you get the trophy related to playing Encores to conserve the amount of time needed to go through all these shows. Another thing to note is that you won't get a request for an encore if the song is less than 6 songs. Can't remember if you get a encore request for 5 songs in a show, but either way, you don't want to play more than you need to.

Edit 2: Finished all the shows except for one that I left (Vancouver '70s Tribute 1 with 6 songs). New fan total: 1,251,757

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After reading this, I think many people underrate the career mode..
THIS is huge :)

I should invest more into the career.
GingerBraFace  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This makes me super hopeful that the PC version of RB4 reaches it's kickstarter goal. I wanna play so bad!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: GingerBraFace PSN Name: GingerBraFace Wii Friend Code: 390546319559
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: