FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Panic Attack - Odd Riff 1 and other questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jakuzure  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:27 am    Post subject: Panic Attack - Odd Riff 1 and other questions Reply with quote

Having a lot of trouble with Odd Riff 1, not really sure what to say
Also how the hell are you supposed to hit those bridges

And one more thing, how do you stay consistent in this game? My scores are usually all over the place, which is why I have trouble fcing songs. I almost want to blame my peripherals (currently I use RB2 stock kit with RB1 pedal) and I want to get a lot farther in this game but I can't seem to figure out what's holding me back.
S4VN01  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can use my old method of hitting Odd Riff 1. Cross over to the red with your right hand for the reds that fall on the foot pedal. Its just RLRLRL if you do it that way

Also the bridges suck, and you just have to slow them down to get the right sticking, and then practice practice practice until you can do it at full speed. There isn't any thing intricate about them, it's just fast.

Also, I would upgrade your equipment. I don't know how you have not broken a RB1 pedal if you have played for more than 5 minutes. A lot of the older kits will randomly drop notes at the worst times. Id say upgrade to something more reliable (Beatles Kit maybe)
I don't know about you guys, but I as a player of video games - and therefore a musician - am certainly enamoured of the prospect of, next time I begin to play Horrible Night, sitting down with a wide grin on my face as I rub my hands together in glee and shout out to the world "I know your secret! You're in a deceptive time signature!" before failing to hit any notes at all because the song is still balls-out hard.

My Youtube! My Youtube for GD:RB! My Twitter!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: S4VN01
inv4der  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

S4VN01 wrote:
I don't know how you have not broken a RB1 pedal if you have played for more than 5 minutes.

Some RB1 pedals can do impressive things. I've been using the same RB1 pedal to some degree since 2008. That said, if you can get a better pedal, it's probably a good idea.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

S4VN01 wrote:
You can use my old method of hitting Odd Riff 1. Cross over to the red with your right hand for the reds that fall on the foot pedal. Its just RLRLRL if you do it that way

Also the bridges suck, and you just have to slow them down to get the right sticking, and then practice practice practice until you can do it at full speed. There isn't any thing intricate about them, it's just fast.

Also, I would upgrade your equipment. I don't know how you have not broken a RB1 pedal if you have played for more than 5 minutes. A lot of the older kits will randomly drop notes at the worst times. Id say upgrade to something more reliable (Beatles Kit maybe)

Maybe I've just been going about FCing songs wrong. I don't tend to grind all that much, although I get the feeling that Odd Riff method is gonna feel very awkward :v
S4VN01  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jakuzure wrote:
S4VN01 wrote:

Maybe I've just been going about FCing songs wrong. I don't tend to grind all that much, although I get the feeling that Odd Riff method is gonna feel very awkward :v

I never said it wasn't awkward haha. Just could possibly help if you are better at crossing over than you are at limb independence like I was back in the day
I don't know about you guys, but I as a player of video games - and therefore a musician - am certainly enamoured of the prospect of, next time I begin to play Horrible Night, sitting down with a wide grin on my face as I rub my hands together in glee and shout out to the world "I know your secret! You're in a deceptive time signature!" before failing to hit any notes at all because the song is still balls-out hard.

My Youtube! My Youtube for GD:RB! My Twitter!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: S4VN01
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: