FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Difficulty of Phase Shift Drums vs Rock Band Drums

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
GugelHupf  
 




Joined: 19 Apr 2008
Posts: 195

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:01 pm    Post subject: Difficulty of Phase Shift Drums vs Rock Band Drums Reply with quote

Hey Guys,

long time no see.

I recently bought an E-Kit and given i have no console, the only way to play Rock Band related stuff seems to be Phase Shift.

Now i am wondering how the current status of Phase Shift in the community is. If i were to fc an unfced song on Phase Shift, would it count towards the unfced list?

I have a slight feeling the timing window is a tiny bit bigger on Phase Shift, or it may just be the reduced latency and better calibration.

Im looking forward to your points of view!

Best,
Gugel
_________________
7/8 Mayhem Pack GS
First ever 666, Hammer Smashed Face and No Hassle Night FCs
First Ever FC of Empire of the Gun without skipping the 18 NPS Roll
First Ever Hammer Smashed Face OMB FC
Magic Bus Technical FC
YMB Intro Roll 90 % Speed FC
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: DerBIGugelHupf
slashn0  
 




Joined: 12 Nov 2011
Posts: 690
Location: Tennessee

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Difficulty of Phase Shift Drums vs Rock Band Drums Reply with quote

GugelHupf wrote:
If i were to fc an unfced song on Phase Shift, would it count towards the unfced list?

Nope. Phase Shift is much more lenient than RB, therefore an FC of an unFC'd song on Phase Shift would not take it off of the RB unFC'd list. This is why my Synesthesia FC has not taken the song off the list. Phase Shift is still a very fun game though, and a nice alternative to RB3 customs.
_________________
I [mostly] play drums and GH Live.

Guitar Hero + Rock Band Expert Drums Dual FSFC - September 21st, 2017
http://www.YouTube.com/dayzeed
Proud lefty who conformed to right-handed mode... show some respect! ;)
Back to top
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: slashno PSN Name: slashno
GugelHupf  
 




Joined: 19 Apr 2008
Posts: 195

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, thanks for the quick reply! Amazing Job @Synesthesia...

Is there any way to configure the phase shift engine to have the same hit window as a RB version?
are there concrete numbers for the difference (As in milliseconds or anything?).

To be honest, i feel its more difficult in Phase Shift to hit two notes with one hand. In Rock band, that worked quite nicely...
_________________
7/8 Mayhem Pack GS
First ever 666, Hammer Smashed Face and No Hassle Night FCs
First Ever FC of Empire of the Gun without skipping the 18 NPS Roll
First Ever Hammer Smashed Face OMB FC
Magic Bus Technical FC
YMB Intro Roll 90 % Speed FC
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: DerBIGugelHupf
slashn0  
 




Joined: 12 Nov 2011
Posts: 690
Location: Tennessee

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GugelHupf wrote:
Haha, thanks for the quick reply! Amazing Job @Synesthesia...

Is there any way to configure the phase shift engine to have the same hit window as a RB version?
are there concrete numbers for the difference (As in milliseconds or anything?).

To be honest, i feel its more difficult in Phase Shift to hit two notes with one hand. In Rock band, that worked quite nicely...


I have no idea if/how one could change the timing window for PS to make it more like RB, although I would think the feature is simply nonexistent. Likewise with the extent of difference in leniency, I am unsure on how that would be found, and I doubt anyone has ever bothered to find out. If the ability to change the timing window does exist... that would certainly change things up a bit.
_________________
I [mostly] play drums and GH Live.

Guitar Hero + Rock Band Expert Drums Dual FSFC - September 21st, 2017
http://www.YouTube.com/dayzeed
Proud lefty who conformed to right-handed mode... show some respect! ;)
Back to top
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: slashno PSN Name: slashno
S4VN01  
 




Joined: 07 Apr 2008
Posts: 709
Location: Dryden, MI

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slashn0 wrote:
GugelHupf wrote:
Haha, thanks for the quick reply! Amazing Job @Synesthesia...

Is there any way to configure the phase shift engine to have the same hit window as a RB version?
are there concrete numbers for the difference (As in milliseconds or anything?).

To be honest, i feel its more difficult in Phase Shift to hit two notes with one hand. In Rock band, that worked quite nicely...


I have no idea if/how one could change the timing window for PS to make it more like RB, although I would think the feature is simply nonexistent. Likewise with the extent of difference in leniency, I am unsure on how that would be found, and I doubt anyone has ever bothered to find out. If the ability to change the timing window does exist... that would certainly change things up a bit.


I don't think it would. Scorehero has never let scores from other games go through, even if you could change the timing window (Frets on Fire).
_________________
Yewb wrote:
I don't know about you guys, but I as a player of video games - and therefore a musician - am certainly enamoured of the prospect of, next time I begin to play Horrible Night, sitting down with a wide grin on my face as I rub my hands together in glee and shout out to the world "I know your secret! You're in a deceptive time signature!" before failing to hit any notes at all because the song is still balls-out hard.

My Youtube! My Youtube for GD:RB! My Twitter!
Back to top
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: S4VN01
inv4der  
 




Joined: 16 Sep 2007
Posts: 9595
Location: Redmond, WA

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Technically it also falls under the rules against custom songs of existing content. There's reasons FCing non-GH3 Guitar Hero charts in GH3 has never counted, and GH3 being easy engine-wise is only one of them.
_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: INV4DER
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



Copyright © 2006-2017 ScoreHero, LLC
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy


Powered by phpBB