FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
No controller OD activation on RB4!?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:05 pm    Post subject: No controller OD activation on RB4!? Reply with quote

I cant believe they took away the ability to activate OD with the controller on RB4. After already taking the select button on guitar and nixing the note streak its getting pretty hard not to think this is an intentional middle finger at SH type users, and not just oversights.
CaptCalamity  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It works just fine for me. Menu button on the left, just like the back button.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, works the same as it always has on Xbone. PS4, I'm less sure about. Have you tried pressing the touchpad in? That usually replaces Select.

View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Lowlander2 PSN Name: Lowlander2
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lowlander2 wrote:
Yeah, works the same as it always has on Xbone. PS4, I'm less sure about. Have you tried pressing the touchpad in? That usually replaces Select.
Yeah and every other button on the controller. There's no activation button on PS4, that's an XB1 exclusive, and I cannot underscore how retarded that is. We're going to have to have XB1 paths and PS4 paths now because many paths won't be possible on PS4.
raynebc  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not impossible to play the controller and tilt it at the same time, it just takes some practice.

That said, it's stupid how both consoles have their own dumb rules about game controllers and what they will/won't allow.
inv4der  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

raynebc wrote:
It's not impossible to play the controller and tilt it at the same time, it just takes some practice.

Ah yes the tilt sensors in the standard controllers used for vocals, you're right!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My bad, I didn't see what subforum this was in and assumed guitar controller.
elcanadiano  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it really seems like a "Pick Your Poison", at least for now. No button OD for vox nor on the new guitars for PS4 but no ION/MIDI support for the Xbox One. Oh well. Hopefully they rectify it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: elcanadiano Wii Friend Code: 449615517562
PlexShaw  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As someone who is mainly a vocalist, I know which poison I prefer. Still sucks for PS4 singers though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PlexShaw PSN Name: PlexShaw Wii Friend Code: 5941308033072690
Billtvshow  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made my early vocals career on the vocal activations, but I far prefer the push button method and can't conceive of having to go back; the vocal strain is real. My condolences. Hopefully it can/will get added in.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the notes for the upcoming patch:
Added functionality to support vocal overdrive deploy with touch pad for PlayStation 4

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billtvshow wrote:
From the notes for the upcoming patch:
Added functionality to support vocal overdrive deploy with touch pad for PlayStation 4
Saw that! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

http://www.harmonixmusic.com/blog/rock-band-4-interim-patch-release-details/

I might be partially responsible for that fix being implemented. That wasn't mentioned in the last projected patch notes when they first announced an upcoming patch and I wrote them a long message on the RB facebook page about how much of a difference that feature made, and they actually answered me and said they would try to add it in. VERY happy to see they did - can't wait to start singing on Nov 2, now if we can just get practice mode we'll be in business!
Mishatje  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually sent a tweet to them asking about adding vocal activation on PS4 too. I also mentioned it in some comments on FB so hopefully they got the message from multiple people.

But YAAY. I can finally play vocals the right way
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Mishatje PSN Name: Mishatje
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: