FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
New Rock Band coming to PS4/XB1 - Official, coming Oct 6th
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 110, 111, 112 ... 114, 115, 116  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
So here's a question I have. Why does HMX insist on the term "synchronous online" when asked about online play in RB4?

Presumably to be clear that they're not referring to competitive multiplayer.

So... is anyone else having trouble getting songs by Harmonix bands? Count Zero and Freezepop specifically, possibly others - they're in the store but just throwing up errors when I try to download them.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
Dreyvas  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
So here's a question I have. Why does HMX insist on the term "synchronous online" when asked about online play in RB4?

My guess is just because of expanded leaderboard/score challenges planned for the December update.

inv4der  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecaptainof wrote:
inv4der wrote:

In what way is something like score duel asynchronous?

thecaptainof wrote:
So... is anyone else having trouble getting songs by Harmonix bands? Count Zero and Freezepop specifically, possibly others - they're in the store but just throwing up errors when I try to download them.

If you're referring to the songs in the "HMX" pack, that were on that OXM disc years and years ago, I have them via that disc and can't download them. Also, all the songs in that 30 bonus songs don't work if you already owned them elsewhere, for whatever reason.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
If you're referring to the songs in the "HMX" pack, that were on that OXM disc years and years ago, I have them via that disc and can't download them. Also, all the songs in that 30 bonus songs don't work if you already owned them elsewhere, for whatever reason.

Err... I don't remember where they came from but I definitely never had anything from an OXM disc, I don't think I even know what OXM is. Maybe that was just a US thing. Also I have no idea what 30 songs you mean... I've been away far too long.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
inv4der  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecaptainof wrote:
inv4der wrote:

Err... I don't remember where they came from but I definitely never had anything from an OXM disc, I don't think I even know what OXM is. Maybe that was just a US thing. Also I have no idea what 30 songs you mean... I've been away far too long.

OXM is the Official Xbox Magazine, they had some timed exclusive HMX songs on one of the discs. These songs became the HMX Pack 01

The 30 songs were an Amazon pre-order bonus, consisting entirely of existing songs from various sources all by HMX bands. Notably, several of these are from discs and the RBN.

Last edited by inv4der on Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:12 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: INV4DER
Dreyvas  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
thecaptainof wrote:
inv4der wrote:

I get the impression that's the point; it's not and the implication is that it won't be included in the December update.

thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
OXM is the Official Xbox Magazine, they had some timed exclusive HMX songs on one of the discs. These songs became the HMX Pack 01

Huh, okay. So they were available as regular DLC as well then, I definitely had them at some point.

Quote:
The 30 songs were an Amazon pre-order bonus, consisting entirely of existing songs from various sources all by HMX bands. Notably, several of these are from discs and the RBN.

Riiiight. Yeah, I missed that, I didn't preorder 'cos I wasn't sure if I could justify spending a load of money on new instruments and stuff.

I feel like I'm missing a hell of a lot of songs, but I'm assuming most of them are disc exports and stuff that hasn't been relicenced for whatever reason - like I say, up until yesterday I hadn't played any Rock Band game properly for a few years so I don't remember where everything originally came from. I guess they're working on getting everything available.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
FyreWulff  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
thecaptainof wrote:
inv4der wrote:

Blitz had asynchronous score dueling.

Rock Band 1 and 2 had synchronous score dueling.
expertwin  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're probably just going to bring back the Score Wars from Blitz, tbh.
2015/09/20 The date I became Free Bird #200

@ataeaf=My Twitter. RB Accomps. GH Accomps. Nobody reads them.
voidedalive2x wrote:
of COURSE it's doable, you ninny! Don't you cop out on me now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: WorthBestGamer
elx  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
thecaptainof wrote:
inv4der wrote:

thecaptainof wrote:

I doubt we'll be able to claim those OXM tracks if we got them from the disc. They don't go in your purchase history at all, IIRC it ripped them sttraight from the disc. I know that unlike exported track packs, blitz songs, ect... these would not show up as purchased in the RB3 store. I simply bought the pack for 3 bucks in anticipation of this being an issue.
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the Rock Band 2 stock kit has no issues whatsoever in RB4. Weird, but good for me.

Guitar Hero: Live Goals:
Actually get good at Guitar Hero: Live
10 Guitar Hero: Live Setlist FCs

ShadoWolf wrote:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker

mazegeek999PSN from my accomplishments thread wrote:
koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

Well, he hasn't posted in a month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
inv4der  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New RB4 survey, asks about priority of features.

I made sure to prioritize practice and stats, as well as support the concept of online. This is an avenue to let HMX know how we feel about RB4 and its future, so don't let it go to waste.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
New RB4 survey, asks about priority of features.

I made sure to prioritize practice and stats, as well as support the concept of online. This is an avenue to let HMX know how we feel about RB4 and its future, so don't let it go to waste.

Really glad to see practice mode is one of the options there, along with more detailed stats at the post song screen. I think those two features are monumentally cheaper for Harmonix to implement than online play would be. That said, I really hope they can also at least include band quickplay as an online feature. I also rated character customization just below that because it feels really lackluster, and I feel like competitive and casual players alike would appreciate a more in depth character customization.
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I definitely went all in on including practice mode and more stats on that survey. It doesn't bother me as much as most people, but I'd still like to have them.

Guitar Hero: Live Goals:
Actually get good at Guitar Hero: Live
10 Guitar Hero: Live Setlist FCs

ShadoWolf wrote:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker

mazegeek999PSN from my accomplishments thread wrote:
koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

Well, he hasn't posted in a month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
RobGHH  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prioritised practice mode and more stats. I'd recommend for everyone that wants them to do that as well, it doesn't take long.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RobGHH PSN Name: robbie8n
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 110, 111, 112 ... 114, 115, 116  Next
Page 111 of 116

Jump to: