FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
New Rock Band coming to PS4/XB1 - Official, coming Oct 6th
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 107, 108, 109 ... 114, 115, 116  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Se7en082  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LyokoFreaks wrote:
So is it a known issue that the Xbox store tries to make you pay for The Doors, Green Day and some other DLC that you've already purchased in the past?

Same on the PS4 side. I hope they fix it soon.
tormentedbyu  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buying a copy of Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock for the guitar. I need mah click. How similar to the old Rock Band guitars are the new ones? And how durable do the drums seem?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tormentedbyu wrote:
Buying a copy of Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock for the guitar. I need mah click. How similar to the old Rock Band guitars are the new ones? And how durable do the drums seem?

Haven't played drums yet, but pleasantly surprised by the Xbox One guitar initially.

GesterX  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any ideas on how Freestyle Guitar solos effect scoring and leaderboards? Are runs using freestyle solos submitted? How do the scores compare to a regular run?
atiradorsp  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My problems with the game, so far (PS4):

- I'm using a GH5 guitar and I can't tilt to activate overdrive

- No information about Challenges like RB3 had, wich makes it harder to track what songs are you missing for the "5-Star the whole disc on Expert" trophy

- No song count on the list, I don't know how many songs I have

- No ESL so far

- No Practice Mode

- No online play

- Just like RB2 and RB3, RB4 still doesn't save your "BNS" preference, you have to set it EVERY TIME YOU START THE GAME

- Terrible customization options for your character, you get a random character everytime you choose between male or female

- The disc setlist is LITERALLY THE WORST in a RB disc, EVER.

Apart from that, the game is pretty good

GH/RB Platinums: RB2, RB3, BH, GH5, GHWoR
GesterX  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear god Dream Genie has the worst chart ever shipped on an RB disc.
Dreyvas  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graf wrote:
toymachine wrote:
Having a really hard time getting the calibration right, surprise surprise!

I found luck by calibrating video with the strat, and audio manually. Are you using/have access to a strat?

This method works flawlessly for me. Thank you!

GesterX  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awwh man, you can't use GameDVR on Xbox One to record clips of RB4
twistedoak  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I came up with a couple issues that I don't know how to fix...

Calibration seems really wonky, but I'll probably keep fiddling with it. I don't have the adapter yet, so I'm only going by microphone calibration right now. It doesn't work.

Here's the game breaking issue for me.... I'm using an old microphone, and the sensitivity is so high that it sets off overdrive as soon as the overdrive window pops up. It doesn't matter if I'm singing, not singing, mic is away from my face, under a cushion with absolute silence in the room.. Overdrive immediately goes off no matter what. I've tried in game mic volume all the way up, all the way down, changing calibration to 300 and -300 and everywhere inbetween. It doesn't make a difference.

So... Either I get a new microphone (no one with the band kit seemed to mention this issue) or I quit vocals.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

twistedoak wrote:
So I came up with a couple issues that I don't know how to fix...

Calibration seems really wonky, but I'll probably keep fiddling with it. I don't have the adapter yet, so I'm only going by microphone calibration right now. It doesn't work.

Here's the game breaking issue for me.... I'm using an old microphone, and the sensitivity is so high that it sets off overdrive as soon as the overdrive window pops up. It doesn't matter if I'm singing, not singing, mic is away from my face, under a cushion with absolute silence in the room.. Overdrive immediately goes off no matter what. I've tried in game mic volume all the way up, all the way down, changing calibration to 300 and -300 and everywhere inbetween. It doesn't make a difference.

So... Either I get a new microphone (no one with the band kit seemed to mention this issue) or I quit vocals.

Can you plug that microphone into a PC and load up Audacity or some other sound recording program and see if it's sending a bunch of garbage into the input?
twistedoak  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could if I had a pc and some sort of recording software. I'm a poor teacher with a budget....Makes things sort of difficult.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

twistedoak wrote:
I could if I had a pc and some sort of recording software. I'm a poor teacher with a budget....Makes things sort of difficult.

Audacity is free and doesn't require a specific OS. So that's one part down.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tormentedbyu wrote:
Buying a copy of Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock for the guitar. I need mah click. How similar to the old Rock Band guitars are the new ones?

They're pretty similar. I thought the same thing as you, that I needed the click to play right, but then I went to the Harmonix RB4 demo in Boston the other day and played a bunch of songs and I was getting high 90%s on songs without it so I dunno. It definitely FEELS nicer than the old guitars, and it makes you notice just how loud and annoying the GH click really is.
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
GesterX  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PiemanLK wrote:
tormentedbyu wrote:
Buying a copy of Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock for the guitar. I need mah click. How similar to the old Rock Band guitars are the new ones?

They're pretty similar. I thought the same thing as you, that I needed the click to play right, but then I went to the Harmonix RB4 demo in Boston the other day and played a bunch of songs and I was getting high 90%s on songs without it so I dunno. It definitely FEELS nicer than the old guitars, and it makes you notice just how loud and annoying the GH click really is.

The strum bar is awesome for me. It means I can play without annoying my GF in our small apartment. It doesn't have a click but it makes enough if a noise to hear your strum.

My only problem so far has been accidentally pressing green when I have a red chord held down. I think I hold the guitar wrong...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 107, 108, 109 ... 114, 115, 116  Next
Page 108 of 116

Jump to: