FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
New Rock Band coming to PS4/XB1 - Official, coming Oct 6th
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 94, 95, 96 ... 114, 115, 116  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inv4der  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

singemfrc wrote:
I think they dropped the ball on this one assuming there isn't some huge cost in implementing another method that I'm not thinking of.

An extra button is a difference from the XB1 guitars, meaning that they'd have to use different molds and internals, beyond the normal PS4/XB1 differences.

Though they could have simply gone the GH5 guitar route and given all the guitars on both platforms a dedicated button for the purpose of OD.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2015/10/rock-band-4-has-been-delayed-in-australia/

Hahahaha. Haha. The only good news is I finally have the ammo to truly criticize HMX' marketing. All throughout RB4's development, the slogan has been to "pre-order now!", to put down your money beforehand to ensure good sales. And for my obedience in putting my money down early...I get the game late.

It's true that the way Kotaku reached out to the local handler this was out of HMX' hands, but if you're asking people to put their money and their faith in early, and asking that constantly, the implication from that would be that you can guarantee, if nothing else, if you "buy" the game early, you're not going to get it late. Hell, that's why the wording was often "secure your pre-order"; it was as much a form of insurance as it was a pre-order. Apparently, we couldn't have that security either.

The obvious counterpoint to this is, "well Connor, no one's forcing you to get the game." And this is absolutely true. No one is stopping me from cancelling my pre-order and putting it towards GHL, The Phantom Pain and...Persona 4 Dancing.

No one.

View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Lowlander2 PSN Name: Lowlander2
yakityyakblah  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can confirm Phantom Pain and Persona Dancing are both great, GHL honestly looks pretty cool too despite my initial objections.
inv4der  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean, at least it won't be as delayed as RB2's AUS release.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This just in all difficulties other than easy and medium guitar have been removed. When asked for comment one developer said, "yeah we ran the numbers and it turns out most people play guitar on easy and medium only. We also debated just removing the buttons all together, but we already had the molds done".
PlatStrat  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For people freaking out that the new PS4 guitars can't button activate OD (i.e. me), Rock Band's Twitter confirmed that PS3 guitars can still activate it with the select button. The PS4 competitive scene lives!
thespike  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we pre-load our old DLC from Xbox 360 onto XB1? Or does that not happen until game release?
http://www.youtube.com/user/ignthespike1
expertwin  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the new compatibility chart:
http://www.rockbandaide.com/21357/updated-rock-band-4-instrument-compatibility-chart/comment-page-1/#comment-124802

ION will work on PS4, but not on Xbone.
2015/09/20 The date I became Free Bird #200

@ataeaf=My Twitter. RB Accomps. GH Accomps. Nobody reads them.
voidedalive2x wrote:
of COURSE it's doable, you ninny! Don't you cop out on me now!

Last edited by expertwin on Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: WorthBestGamer
iimeade  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
i can't believe that scorehero user iimeade hasn't graced the rb4 thread since page 91

PlatStrat wrote:
Rock Band's Twitter confirmed that PS3 guitars can still activate it with the select button.

haha oh wow
expertwin wrote:
ION will work on PS4, but not on Xbone.

man it's almost like ION is essentially fucking dead outside of making gimmicky iPhone speakers and haven't actually made drums in years

also it's not like someone already ghettorigged ions to work

parzrevenge wrote:
stop trying to be pieman 2015
Hobo111  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously this is Sony's vengeance for the awful bug-ridden PS3 RB3
thespike  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wooooooow you have to be fucking kidding me. All of a sudden Ions are fine for PS4 but if we're on Xbox we're just fucked until further notice? Wow. This whole launch has been a complete clusterfuck full of miscommunication. As a drummer who invested A LOT into the 360 version, seems like no matter what I do I'm screwed over unless I want to burn an assload of money.
PS4 version? Sure, I can play my Ions (if I buy a PS brain) but can't play any one of the literally every available DLC tracks I bought on Xbox. Xbox version? Sure, enjoy all of the songs that you can play, but only on the godawful stock drums.
Why can't things just be simple, was literally going to order the XB1 band in a box tomorrow, now I'm having serious second thoughts. Probably gonna downgrade to the guitar bundle and pick up the PS version for cheap eventually to play drums and not buy any DLC until Xbox Ion support (which better happen but kinda seems like HMX gives no fuck and Ion is just going to say, 'oh well it works for PS users at least' and call it a day). Yeah I'm slightly pissed, end rant I guess lol.
http://www.youtube.com/user/ignthespike1
Kubuh  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, with PS3 WoRtars confirmed to work and select confirmed to work on PS3 guitars, guess I am getting the game after all

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely feeling for any Xbox ION owners, but if you get a chance do try out the new RB4 stock kit before knocking it. I'm not an expert drummer so I won't pretend to know a lot about the differences, but it already feels much better to play than my RB2 kit ever did after some brief testing earlier today. Makes me want to spend some more time actually learning how to play instead of just stumbling around on lower difficulties on occasion.

GregoryZero  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thespike wrote:
Why can't things just be simple

because absolutely none of this is simple. harmonix might be giving you some seemingly contrived options, but at the very least they are some options. I really hate flying the "it could be worse" flag but it would certainly fit here.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregoryZero wrote:
thespike wrote:
Why can't things just be simple

because absolutely none of this is simple. harmonix might be giving you some seemingly contrived options, but at the very least they are some options. I really hate flying the "it could be worse" flag but it would certainly fit here.

It could be worse but it could be a lot better
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 94, 95, 96 ... 114, 115, 116  Next
Page 95 of 116

Jump to: