FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
New Rock Band coming to PS4/XB1 - Official, coming Oct 6th
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 73, 74, 75 ... 114, 115, 116  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FL4RE wrote:
PiemanLK wrote:
Master1989 wrote:
we still need an Iron Maiden song of the new album

Why the new album? Why not early Maiden? Drifter or Prowler would be killer to play.

Yeah, it's not as if we've already got a selection of earlier Maiden or anything.

Okay but we're sorely lacking di'anno songs, with the exception of Phantom we have none. The rest is Bruce. There were also a couple good Blaze songs like Man on the Edge and Futureal.

Master1989 wrote:
PowerM3tal wrote:

Intentional pun?

sure ;)

Hey hey hey, don't answer for me if my puns were intentional or not, bruh

It was though
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
expertwin  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have they confirmed whether or not BREs are being removed? Because I secretly want the Bodhisattva guitar ending to be official.
2015/09/20 The date I became Free Bird #200

@ataeaf=My Twitter. RB Accomps. GH Accomps. Nobody reads them.
voidedalive2x wrote:
of COURSE it's doable, you ninny! Don't you cop out on me now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: WorthBestGamer
Nubnut  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see why they would, what with the emphasis on things like freestyle solos and what not. If anything I think they would rework them to resemble something closer to the new solo system.
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nubnut wrote:
I don't see why they would, what with the emphasis on things like freestyle solos and what not. If anything I think they would rework them to resemble something closer to the new solo system.

That's actually a really cool idea. It would definitely make it feel less like mindless button-mashing, and make the really long BRE's far more tolerable; maybe even enjoyable.

And yes, I agree that there's no reason they'd ever get rid of them. They've been in the game since RB1, and I'm not sure why they'd drop them now.
Rickles  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you guys make of this message from the rockband website.

Quote:
* The number of songs available as DLC at launch is to be determined and may be subject to change. Previously purchased DLC will be available for re-download and use in Rock Band 4 only after the DLC is released on next-generation consoles.

How painfully slow is the roll out going to be would you reckon? Seems like RB3 is going to be the gold standard for a while. I also hear that were are losing RBN songs which is tragic.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It scares me a lot. It says to me we're gonna lose a lot of songs for no good reason, and there's nothing Harmonix can do about it. (RBN and official DLC both)

Also if you've been buying expiring songs before they're pulled, I'm afraid you've been punked

If the initial rollout is especially bad I may be sticking with RB3 for a while. For something this expensive I don't want to buy it and find out only a fraction of my songs are making the transition

Would like some word from HMX to ease my fears

Twitter | Trollbean | RateYourMusic | Hummingbird
Accomplishments:
RB (Latest: 25 or 6 to 4)
GHL (Latest: GHL FGFC)

Greatest canine ever to play the plastic guitar
PlatStrat  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TerminX13 wrote:
It scares me a lot. It says to me we're gonna lose a lot of songs for no good reason, and there's nothing Harmonix can do about it. (RBN and official DLC both)

Also if you've been buying expiring songs before they're pulled, I'm afraid you've been punked

If the initial rollout is especially bad I may be sticking with RB3 for a while. For something this expensive I don't want to buy it and find out only a fraction of my songs are making the transition

They've said before that any songs you've bought that got pulled due to licensing should still be payable in Rock Band 4. But the whole move from past generation to current generation of consoles might take a while as it is a long process to update and recertify 1500+ songs for both consoles. I really don't think we're going to be losing all that much in the grand scheme of things. And also they said that they're not focusing on RBN songs right now but that they might consider them after the legacy songs get moved.
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TerminX13 wrote:

To me, it doesn't say "we're losing a ton of songs," moreso it says "we're behind schedule and probably won't have the entire DLC library available at launch, but we can't put a hard number on it yet."

"Subject to change" is basically just legal ass-covering and doesn't signify (to me at least) one way or another whether we'll be actually losing songs.

I think HMX is having a little trouble meeting all their goals in a timely manner, but I don't think we'll be losing any real content in the long run. I mean, maybe a few songs here or there get pulled (or not renewed) which is disappointing, but I doubt it'll be some mass extinction of dlc.
TerminX13  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The RBN alone worries me. Legally speaking who KNOWS what the deal is with those songs. I'd consider that an extinction

Anyway what really makes me think is that we don't really know what the licensing deets are for making the songs playable in rb4. If they have to renegotiate the songs just to make them playable in the new game we're gonna lose some songs, and that worries me a bunch

Time will tell though !!!

Accomplishments:

machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see RBN returning in any form, and I give it about a 50/50 chance of the existing RBN songs making a return.

I love (most of) my RBN songs, I have great memories of working on them, I'd hate to lose my band's RBN songs, and all the great ones I own. But I know how complicated that process was, and how few copies most of them sold, and I don't blame HMX at all if RBN song porting is pretty close to the bottom of their priorities list.
FyreWulff  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

expertwin wrote:
Have they confirmed whether or not BREs are being removed? Because I secretly want the Bodhisattva guitar ending to be official.

So many BREs have like, single notes under them. Blitz does a pretty good job of exposing which songs these are.

If they did have an option to turn BREs off, they'd have to go back and rechart the end of those songs to have something playable. Pretty sure Bodd's BRE notes are physically unplayable as-is, or they'd make them a trill lane, so same effect as a BRE really.
PlatStrat  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FyreWulff wrote:
expertwin wrote:

So many BREs have like, single notes under them. Blitz does a pretty good job of exposing which songs these are.

If they did have an option to turn BREs off, they'd have to go back and rechart the end of those songs to have something playable. Pretty sure Bodd's BRE notes are physically unplayable as-is, or they'd make them a trill lane, so same effect as a BRE really.
Seeing as though they're already taking the time to clean up existing charts, add freestyle sections, add key information for vocal improv, and update the song format to the new engine I would think that if there was ever a time to chart the BREs it would be now. And I really hope they are because I'd like the option to turn them off. Though that might fuck with leaderboards a bit.
Edit: according to the Rock Band wiki there only about 134 songs that have BREs (it may be off by a few as I see a RBN song in there) and that's less than 10% of the songs they're transferring over. So in theory it should take too much effort but I guess we'll just have to see. Also this could get patched later but I don't really see that happening if it doesn't happen at launch.
inv4der  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, there was a BRE on the PAX stream. So yeah they're there.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looked super pretty too. They use freestyle guitar features now apparently

Also Light Up the Night played in the menu at some point and I am unreasonably excited about that

Accomplishments:

Midnight-Rider  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
Well, there was a BRE on the PAX stream. So yeah they're there.

Good thing too. The world does not need to be reminded of the GHWT DLC version of Bodhisattva's guitar outro.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 73, 74, 75 ... 114, 115, 116  Next
Page 74 of 116

Jump to: