FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
New Rock Band coming to PS4/XB1 - Official, coming Oct 6th
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 114, 115, 116  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inv4der  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are certainly a set of songs.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your Love is going to be fun as hell on vocals

The original Rock Band career bassist.
Former DJ Hero player for vVv.
PlatStrat  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Friday I'm in Love was one of my requests! The rest of the songs look great too. More Ozzy, Dream Theater, Foo Fighters, and Aerosmith is great! My hype for the game is going back up.

Edit: Just watched the trailer and wow did the graphics change from the last build. The last build I could get used to because it looked like the Beatles RB but now this really looks like an upgrade from RB3. Definitely going to be an adjustment period if these are the close to final graphics.
iimeade  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:

After careful studying and countless hours inspecting them up close, these are in fact, a set of songs.

parzrevenge wrote:
stop trying to be pieman 2015
JWitjeS  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Metropolis Pt. 1?! That's... wow... that's literally the only Dream Theater song I could still get excited for. Well, except for Space-Dye Vest, but that will never happen.
toymachine  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iimeade wrote:
inv4der wrote:

After careful studying and countless hours inspecting them up close, these are in fact, a set of songs.

can confirm that some of said songs are rock and or roll
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kubuh wrote:
New songs and a new trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9IBvmwxSDU

Quote:

Aerosmith - "Toys in the Attic"
The Cure - "Friday I'm In Love"
Dream Theater - "Metropolis - Part 1 "The Miracle And The Sleeper""
Foo Fighters - "The Feast and the Famine"
Judas Priest - "Halls Of Valhalla""
Live - "All Over You"
The Outfield - "Your Love"
Ozzy Osbourne - "Miracle Man"
Paramore - "Still Into You"
St. Vincent - "Birth In Reverse"
Van Morrison - "Brown Eyed Girl"

I'm sort of amazed that Brown Eyed Girl wasn't in the game already since it seems like a pretty classic tune, but that's a nice surprise. There at least 3 or 4 other songs I'm excited about here as well and the others I haven't listened to yet. I'm honestly more excited about the bands than the songs. There's probably a good chance that if they licensed 1 song from an artist for on disc that they licensed more for DLC purposes. That prospect is always exciting as there's some good bands here.

Still as with most RB and GH games, the songs I'm excited about from the initial setlist reveal get old in game after playing them over and over again. It's the songs I don't know that end up growing on me and being my new favorites. Can't wait for this.

Anyway, I never dreamed I would come back to ScoreHero and see people lukewarm about RB4... it's sort of bizarre. I've gotten pretty used to playing RB at parties where most people don't care about BNS or can't play with it anyway so that is a non-issue for me. Same reason why online play isn't a big deal to me either, it's all about the local play for sure. Sure it would be nice to see those things added in a future patch but I doubt anything can stop my hype for this game at this point. I am hoping all this focus on the basics of the game will give us a really great core Rock Band experience and that additional features can be added later if there is enough demand.

I'm mostly excited about RB4 being the ultimate karaoke game with all of the legacy harmonies and interesting things they are doing with vocals. Are there even any karaoke games on Xbone yet? Would be cool to see HMX lock up that market and achieve some success that way.

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
S4VN01  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My version of BNS was to play with widescreen settings on a fullscreen TV. Narrowed the note chart a bit on my TV and spread them out ever so slightly
I don't know about you guys, but I as a player of video games - and therefore a musician - am certainly enamoured of the prospect of, next time I begin to play Horrible Night, sitting down with a wide grin on my face as I rub my hands together in glee and shout out to the world "I know your secret! You're in a deceptive time signature!" before failing to hit any notes at all because the song is still balls-out hard.

My Youtube! My Youtube for GD:RB! My Twitter!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: S4VN01
espher  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fedora wrote:
Your Love is going to be fun as hell on vocals

Legitimately the song I was most excited to see on the list.

Project Lead for the Rock Band: Harmonies Project || http://tiny.cc/RBHarmonies
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: EspherM ICQ Number
Kubuh  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No BNS and to a lesser extent no practice mode would severly diminish my enjoyment of the game to a level where I doubt I'd even play it more than a couple of times before going back to RB3 for my RB fix. Which would kinda suck because this setlist looks like it's shaping up to be pretty sweet but I honestly can't play without BNS while playing solo without feeling like I suck which just takes all the enjoyment out of it. MP without BNS is easier for some reason with the smaller highway but I still much prefer to play with it on.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I can still enjoy the original Rock Band, with no BNS, then I think I can get used to RB4 not having it. I used to struggle mightily without it, and while I'm still better with it, the gap has diminished from before.

I can at least understand why features such as pro G/B/K were removed, as well as keys altogether. The lack of online play though, truly baffles me. I realize Harmonix is having to pick and choose what to work on, and that they are far more limited than they were around Rock Band 3's release. I also believe it to be true that local multiplayer is more popular than online, but I feel both are pretty popular. In no way is this a deal breaker for me(I'm not sure if anything would be), but hopefully they can get it going later on.

So far, I'm liking the setlist, and getting Metropolis Pt. 1 for the game? That's already going to be one of the home runs here. Also pretty hyped for My God is the Sun, and I think my parents will steal my microphone to sing some Elvis, haha. Definitely a good time for my interest to be re-kindled in rhythm games.

KoE wrote:
<KoE> she wanted to put the BAM in brianbam.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: BrianBAM19
Nubnut  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn this setlist is starting to look pretty good, even without BNS or online. I'll wait to see what they announce next but I'm starting to get cautiously optimistic.

I'm also preparing myself to have hundreds of chokes in the final 10 seconds of Metropolis when going for an FC on drums.
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
Midnight-Rider  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm okay with the Paramore pick on the grounds that is ISN'T Ain't it Fun.

Toys in the Attic oughta be pretty cool I guess.

Not familiar with the rest.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Metropolis is a song I've wanted for ages, but it's a shame that we won't ever see an official keyboard chart for it. Unless Harmonix adds some kind of troll song like Visions to the setlist, it will probably be the hardest full band song in the game. I'm really curious to see how they chart that bass solo.

[X] Rock Band Blitz 1,000,000 points in BEER
[X] Rock Band Blitz 50+ bounce pinball
[X] FC Prequel to the Sequel X Guitar
[X] 5-star all three versions of TTFAF X Guitar
[X] 5-star Headed for the Ditch X Guitar
[X] GS Caprici di Diablo X Guitar
[ ] 5-star Roundabout X Pro Keys
[ ] Pass RB3 setlist on Medium Pro Guitar
[ ] Pass RB3 setlist on Medium Pro Bass
[X] RB3 Expert Bass FGFC
[X] Lego Rock Band Expert Guitar FGFC
[ ] Full music library vocals FC
avree  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was expecting Paramore, but I'm bummed it's Still Into You. Should've picked Part II.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 114, 115, 116  Next
Page 53 of 116

Jump to: