FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Rock Band: Harmonies Project (Latest: 07/04/03)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41

View previous topic :: View next topic  
balisheja  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the info
sycocoaster  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, first off I just want to say a huge thanks for doing this!

I have a problem with one song in particular: The Pretender by Foo Fighters. I downloaded the harmony upgrade but as a result my Pro Guitar and Pro Bass upgrades are no longer functional. I tried re-downloading the upgrade from the RB store and it still didn't work. What do I need to do to have both guitar/bass and harmony upgrades on that song? Do I have to pick between one and the other? Thanks.

*edit: after a bit of searching I found the answer, as the problem is the same for More Than A Feeling, I'd wager.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sycocoaster wrote:
*edit: after a bit of searching I found the answer, as the problem is the same for More Than A Feeling, I'd wager.

Correctamundo.
espher  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I think this was in the FAQ, or at least the Q&A tab, but if not, I'll answer:

You can't have two upgrades to the same song in play at the same time. If you want to use both, you need to merge them together. You can do this by taking the following steps:

a) Move the pro guitar/bass upgrade to removable storage.
b) Move it off the storage onto your PC (so it's no longer in play), using Party Buffalo/Modio/Horizon/whatever app of your choice.
c) Open up the upgrade (using something like Le Fluffie C3).
d) Extract the .mid and upgrades.dta file from the upgrade.
e) Merge the pro guitar/bass upgrade, using something like REAPER to import all of the tracks and export them as a new .mid.
f) Replace the harmony upgrade .mid in your RB:HP input folder with the replacement mid.
g) Replace the upgrades.dta file in your RB:HP input folder with the upgrades.dta file ripped from the pro guitar/bass upgrade -- but open it with Notepad and make sure it points to the right .mid filename!
h) Build your packages using the packager and install RB:HP as normal.

It'll work under both TUs since TU5 will accept CON custom pro guitar/bass upgrades under TU5.

Project Lead for the Rock Band: Harmonies Project || http://tiny.cc/RBHarmonies
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: EspherM ICQ Number
AlanCooper  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

espher wrote:
I should say that it doesn't take a ton of time to put the individual charts togethet.

I totally agree with you, the main thing to know how to install a program scheme

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone get RBHP working with the RB3 Games on Demand version? I've searched the forums a good bit and haven't found anyone documenting success with this downloadable version of the game.

Tried following the initial guide myself and became hung up at the Party Buffalo section. I can't get PB to detect my flash drive, regardless how it's formatted. Tried formatting two different flash drives (each 2gb+) using the Xbox's formatting without success. Also tried Fat32 formatting using both Win7 & Win8 PCs. Same result: PB never recognizes either flash drive.

I'm reasonably tech-savvy, though I'm hesitant to continue my PB troubleshooting efforts if nobody's been able to make RBHP work with the On Demand version. Appreciate any help provided
espher  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brystmar wrote:
Anyone get RBHP working with the RB3 Games on Demand version? I've searched the forums a good bit and haven't found anyone documenting success with this downloadable version of the game.

Tried following the initial guide myself and became hung up at the Party Buffalo section. I can't get PB to detect my flash drive, regardless how it's formatted. Tried formatting two different flash drives (each 2gb+) using the Xbox's formatting without success. Also tried Fat32 formatting using both Win7 & Win8 PCs. Same result: PB never recognizes either flash drive.

I'm reasonably tech-savvy, though I'm hesitant to continue my PB troubleshooting efforts if nobody's been able to make RBHP work with the On Demand version. Appreciate any help provided

Sorry I missed this. I'll send you a PM to ensure you get a notification.

With the latest system update, the Xbox formats the drive as FAT32, and Party Buffalo will no longer recognize it. Google up C3 CON Tools and look to use the RBtoUSB feature of that application - as far as I know, it /should/ manage the RBHP side of things just fine (you don't really need to worry about the Title Update component anymore since it's baked in with the Games on Demand version). My sticks are still in the old format, and owing to [reasons] I haven't been in a position to test the new or even update my documentation/links to reflect changes.

Project Lead for the Rock Band: Harmonies Project || http://tiny.cc/RBHarmonies
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: EspherM ICQ Number
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41
Page 41 of 41

Jump to: