FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
New Rock Band coming to PS4/XB1 - Official, coming Oct 6th
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 114, 115, 116  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PlatStrat  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ComicBookGuru wrote:
What about the View button on Xbox One?
With the newly announced backwards compatibility people should see whether or not the view button works the same way as the back button in 360 games. I'm pretty sure it would and if that's the case then there should be instances where games can set the view button to perform some in game function.
ComicBookGuru  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PlatStrat wrote:
ComicBookGuru wrote:
What about the View button on Xbox One?
With the newly announced backwards compatibility people should see whether or not the view button works the same way as the back button in 360 games. I'm pretty sure it would and if that's the case then there should be instances where games can set the view button to perform some in game function.

Well, what I meant was, the View button doesn't have any specific OS feature, it's just called the View button. So I wouldn't see an OD activation issue.
expertwin  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still going to enjoy the game, even without online or button activation.
2015/09/20 The date I became Free Bird #200

@ataeaf=My Twitter. RB Accomps. GH Accomps. Nobody reads them.
voidedalive2x wrote:
of COURSE it's doable, you ninny! Don't you cop out on me now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: WorthBestGamer
Rickles  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PlatStrat wrote:
Has this no button activation been confirmed by Harmonix? Because I'm not sold that this is an issue. We still don't know if RB4 will have any kind of share functionality and that anything will happen if we hit the share button. And you can have the share button do other things than bring up the share menu, if you have ever played PlayStation Now games the share button acts as the select button. So until I hear otherwise from Harmonix I'm going to assume that button activation of overdrive is still a thing.

I was told that the share button on PS4 is "OS level" and there's nothing the can do by a HMX dev in a PM on another forum. He didn't respond to my request to share his name and the post so I'm respecting that (at least for now). Anyway I made a hardware thread on the topic. http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=698308#698308

And hey! The guy could be wrong, an impostor, or things can change who knows what will happen by launch. All I know is I've never seen a PS4 game use the share button. It is ALWAYS used to take screen shots, or open the share menu. This single goddamned button is preventing me from ordering a band kit and XB1 right now... I will probably still get the kit as the guitar is valuable for it's syncing feature. I REALLY REALLY wanted to like the Strat this time around but this is a deal breaker.

I really don't know how HMX messes up things like this. I really wonder sometimes if they resent the competitive community. If X-plorers aren't supported on XB1 (I'm skeptical that they will at this point...) I won't have an axe to play competitively with which means the game is DOA. I'm honestly pretty frustrated because I really need my RB fix.

ComicBookGuru wrote:
Well, what I meant was, the View button doesn't have any specific OS feature, it's just called the View button. So I wouldn't see an OD activation issue.

That is good to hear. A glimmer of hope. I'm probable getting an XB1 specifically because all of my DLC is on xbox. I really don't need it having a PS4, but the DLC makes this ridiculous option look like the smart move financially.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rockbandaide.com/21107/e3-interviewish-with-aaron-trites-harmonix-community-manager/

Quote:
Will Practice Mode be in the game?

Maybe. Most of the use came from the hardcore players working towards FCs. Again, games still in development, well see as we go.

Quote:
Whats the deal with online multiplayer?

That, its a numbers thing. Weve done the math. We know exactly what itll cost[a lot], how many people it takes[decent chunk], how long it will be[several months]. On our Amplitude Telethon, we had a few other developers call in and they spoke very frankly about online multiplayer. For Octodad, they said it took their team something like eight months and $200,000 to even get that, and Rock Band is a lot more complicated than that, what with latency and score tracking and DLC library size. And the question was, would we make that cost back from it?

Probably not.

No. But Ive been pushing all the feedback from that news, I know a lot of people want it, I would love to include it. But at the very least, it cannot be fit in by launch.

I figured cost was a huge issue for it. They're definitely doing this game on a budget, and they'll have to cover the cost of production before they can put up any really big expenses for something like that. So I get it. Doesn't mean I like it.

also practice mode wtf

Videos. Guitar Hero accomplishments. Rock Band accomplishments. GH customs.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: vVv Ganon PSN Name: PanOfMopsicle ICQ Number
inv4der  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GanonMetroid wrote:
http://www.rockbandaide.com/21107/e3-interviewish-with-aaron-trites-harmonix-community-manager/

Quote:
Will Practice Mode be in the game?

Maybe. Most of the use came from the hardcore players working towards FCs. Again, games still in development, well see as we go.

Quote:
Whats the deal with online multiplayer?

That, its a numbers thing. Weve done the math. We know exactly what itll cost[a lot], how many people it takes[decent chunk], how long it will be[several months]. On our Amplitude Telethon, we had a few other developers call in and they spoke very frankly about online multiplayer. For Octodad, they said it took their team something like eight months and $200,000 to even get that, and Rock Band is a lot more complicated than that, what with latency and score tracking and DLC library size. And the question was, would we make that cost back from it?

Probably not.

No. But Ive been pushing all the feedback from that news, I know a lot of people want it, I would love to include it. But at the very least, it cannot be fit in by launch.

I figured cost was a huge issue for it. They're definitely doing this game on a budget, and they'll have to cover the cost of production before they can put up any really big expenses for something like that. So I get it. Doesn't mean I like it.

also practice mode wtf

As I said previously, they're probably banking on early sales to add these desired features like online. People not supporting the game due to lack of online aren't inherently wrong, but it feels as though it may also make the prophecy fulfill itself and have online never happen.

I'm sure if the game and DLC does well enough you might even see a return of keys or perhaps new and unexpected things.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't heard anything about no button activation for PS4, as that would put PS4 players at a disadvantage over those using PS3 guitars for options.

On PS4 they will probably map the OD activation to the action binded to pressing in the touchpad at OS-level (Destiny uses it bring out your Ghost, which is Back on Xbox 360)
PowerM3tal  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe they can't flat-out confirm practice mode's inclusion in the game. At this point in the series, it's a vital aspect of the game.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: powerm3tal
FyreWulff  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They wouldn't confirm harmonies were back until the day they announced they were adding them to every song in the game, even though it was pretty obvious they were still there. I think Harmonix is being very careful to not overpromise anything.
Ketchupyoshi  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact that Harmonix can't confirm or deny critical aspects of RB4 less than 4 months away from release tells me that the game will be incredibly rushed and not sufficiently playtested. I really do hope to be wrong, but I'm not very optimistic at this point especially after what happened with the balancing in Blitz. I'm concerned that the game will be missing too many important features on release to be successful, preventing them from having the resources to add those features later.

[X] Rock Band Blitz 1,000,000 points in BEER
[X] Rock Band Blitz 50+ bounce pinball
[X] FC Prequel to the Sequel X Guitar
[X] 5-star all three versions of TTFAF X Guitar
[X] 5-star Headed for the Ditch X Guitar
[X] GS Caprici di Diablo X Guitar
[ ] 5-star Roundabout X Pro Keys
[ ] Pass RB3 setlist on Medium Pro Guitar
[ ] Pass RB3 setlist on Medium Pro Bass
[X] RB3 Expert Bass FGFC
[X] Lego Rock Band Expert Guitar FGFC
[ ] Full music library vocals FC
gitarzann  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It saddens me, but I am becoming less and less enthusiastic about this game. I was over the moon when I heard it was coming back-- as I'm sure many other old timers were-- but all the parts of the game that they are doing away with demonstrate that the game is truly being put together on a shoestring.

I'm infuriated at their attitude about the Ions. "We'll look at that when we can." I could see that attitude about non-RB peripheral like Rolands being put on the back burner, but the Ion kit was a premium drum kit that was an official peripheral. People spent a lot of money on them and to blow them off and pile them in a "a bunch of hardcore players" pile is dismissive and obnoxious.

It was pretty obvious to me that the lack of online play was strictly a money issue. What other possible reason could there be? Who would not want to put their game online? I get that it's expensive but playing online is an expected feature of most games now and added in with no practice mode, breakneck speed and whatever does not bode well.

Of course, these things can be added but think about it: if they were going to add them for sure, why mention that they are not in there now and cause a ruckus on the forums? It's in preparation for the inevitable. They will hang on to the "maybe.... possibly.... if we can... we'll see" and when none of those things get put into the game they will fall back on the "Well, we told you it was only a maybe." If they said nothing and players just expected all the menu options and saw they were removed, they'd go nuts.

They need this game to sell well. Releasing as a bare bone shell of its former self without the most basic player-expected features is going to hurt them tremendously. Especially when they are slashing elements and features and seriously jacking up the price.
PlatStrat  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With all these maybes and we'll sees that HMX is saying, I'm almost wishing that they would just delay it by a few months to get since extra features and polish in. But then they're probably banking on the early fall sales to give them the money injection they'd need to put in post release features. I really want to see this game do well because it'll probably be the last game in the series, at least until the next generation of consoles comes out. But these decisions make it seem that they're just trying to put out the bare minimum they can in order to sustain itself. And that might hurt them in the sales post launch.
Se7en082  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly, we might have been better off with a "Rock Band Remastered" instead of Rock Band 4. In my world, Rock Band 4 would have all the Rock Band 3 stuff - that includes keyboard and pro guitar, add score duel, fix previous bugs, and add Rock Band Blitz in there to give people the incentive to buy the game even if they don't own instruments yet. That way they can play all the songs with a controller.

They might have been better off just naming it Rock Band instead of Rock Band 4. Because we are getting less features across the board. I'm still getting the game. Have to support them based on getting old dlc to work. That's what I like playing the most. But that doesn't mean I'm happy about where things are headed.
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FyreWulff wrote:
Haven't heard anything about no button activation for PS4, as that would put PS4 players at a disadvantage over those using PS3 guitars for options.

On PS4 they will probably map the OD activation to the action binded to pressing in the touchpad at OS-level (Destiny uses it bring out your Ghost, which is Back on Xbox 360)
Not necessarily, PS3 guitar players might not have an advantage because when playing RB4 on a PS3 guitar, pressing the select button may not actually do anything.

I would have mapped it to the touchpad button too, thats what most ps3 franchise games have been doing on ps4, but based on the photo of the strat it looks like they didnt do that.

Se7en082 wrote:
Sadly, we might have been better off with a "Rock Band Remastered" instead of Rock Band 4.
That's a stunningly ignorant statement.
TerminX13  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really feel like practice mode should've been much higher priority than the "revolutionary" (in how fast people want to turn it off) guitar solos

Twitter | Trollbean | RateYourMusic | Hummingbird
Accomplishments:
RB (Latest: 25 or 6 to 4)
GHL (Latest: GHL FGFC)

Greatest canine ever to play the plastic guitar
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 114, 115, 116  Next
Page 41 of 116

Jump to: