FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Can you pre-tilt activate on rockband 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
n00bpwn3r  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:45 am    Post subject: Can you pre-tilt activate on rockband 3 Reply with quote

I know on the guitar hero side of things you could pre-tilt your guitar so the absolute second you got star power it would activate I've tried doing that on rockband and it doesn't seem to work is it possible to do it? I'm using a guitar hero 5 guitar so maybe that is why it's not working or is it just that it's not possible on rockband? I'm asking since a few songs I'm trying to path I need overdrive to go off immediately so I don't overruns when I manually activate it always runs over so yeah if anyone knows that's be helpful thanks.
slashn0  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Can you pre-tilt activate on rockband 3 Reply with quote

n00bpwn3r wrote:
I know on the guitar hero side of things you could pre-tilt your guitar so the absolute second you got star power it would activate I've tried doing that on rockband and it doesn't seem to work is it possible to do it? I'm using a guitar hero 5 guitar so maybe that is why it's not working or is it just that it's not possible on rockband? I'm asking since a few songs I'm trying to path I need overdrive to go off immediately so I don't overruns when I manually activate it always runs over so yeah if anyone knows that's be helpful thanks.

You could try hitting select instead. That's what I do.

Guitar Hero + Rock Band Expert Drums Dual FSFC - September 21st, 2017
10,000 unique expert GH/RB FCs - May 18th, 2022
Videos: http://www.YouTube.com/dayzeed
FC spreadsheet: https://bit.ly/FCs
Proud lefty who conformed to right-handed mode... show some respect! ;)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: slashno PSN Name: slashno
RobGHH  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Fixed, see below)

Last edited by RobGHH on Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RobGHH PSN Name: robbie8n
inv4der  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:30 am    Post subject: Re: Can you pre-tilt activate on rockband 3 Reply with quote

n00bpwn3r wrote:
I'm trying to path I need overdrive to go off immediately so I don't overruns when I manually activate it always runs over so yeah if anyone knows that's be helpful thanks.

Apparently no one read the actual post.

In GH there's ways to tilt so that your star power will instantly activate upon being ready, which would be significantly easier than the frame perfect press of select that would otherwise be required to instantly use it.

I don't know much about tilting in RB since I stopped years ago thanks to not caring too much for paths and having the GH5 guitar. If it comes down to it you could consider hitting the last note of the OD phrase early and working on quickly hitting the button. (Perhaps even tilting AND hitting the button.)

There's also always the possibility that the way the song is charted actually makes the OD chain not avoidable, though I don't know the song you're trying to play or the path you're trying to use for it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only solution to the problem that I can think of, as pre-tilting doesn't work (I've tried as well) would be to mash the select button just before the OD phrase comes to an end. Since you a have a GH5 guitar it shouldn't be too hard to do, but is obviously a bit more difficult to keep your focus on the song that pre-tilt activating.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RobGHH PSN Name: robbie8n
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: