FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
New Rock Band coming to PS4/XB1 - Official, coming Oct 6th
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 114, 115, 116  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Graf  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well then. Color me fascinated.

I'm at PAX east currently, and they have giant banners and such hanging up. A few SH'ers even took a group photo at a Harmonix booth near the entrance!

ajanata, Rickles, drewbles, Graf, eddaket

I can't wait!!!

Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, haven't been in hiding like some of these other guys but it's been almost 2 years since I posted anything here lol.

Cannot wait for the fall. Already have my xbox one, quite glad that the dlc will transfer.

Sucks that a cross console transfer isn't likely to happen, I'd probably be inclined to get a ps4 so I could play with SH people on both systems lol.

Guess I better dust off a guitar and get cracking, I still have plenty of things I can do before fall. Which will be here sooner than we know it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Se7en082 wrote:

No keyboard is interesting. I bought one and was hoping to get into it someday. The shocker is this statement that was sprinkled in with the no keys - "There will be no Pro Guitar or key support in Rock Band 4." After Rocksmith came out, I felt they would be 100% behind real guitar.

You have to keep in mind the position Harmonix is in. They're a big indie, but they're still an indie studio. Pro guitar as it was didn't take off for them, and it would look even more limited next to Rocksmith if they released the same system. To actually do something competitive with Rocksmith they'd need a lot of rnd to get to what that market would expect now. And no one even knows if there is a big enough niche to support two games doing real guitar. And never mind that, where Rocksmith only has to focus on being the best real guitar/bass game it can be, Harmonix would need to almost make two different games to do both real guitar and the normal band gameplay. It just isn't feasible for them to do.

Guitar Hero might though. They have the capital, they can probably get away with only supporting guitar/bass, they have the name recognition and marketing potential to basically come in and eat Rocksmith's lunch. I don't know if they will. But they're in a much better position to do that than Harmonix is. You also have to wonder why they'd be coming back now. I mean as much as Harmonix might talk about it "feeling right" the fact is, all their other titles flopping and having to cut a lot of their staff makes releasing a new Rockband inevitable just to keep alive. Activision doesn't have any reason to bring back these games without thinking they can make money off it. So there must be something new to make them want to do that right? So I think "let's take that other companies idea and sell it with our internationally recognized brand" is a strong reason to do that.
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get that they dont want to produce more keyboard controllers and that charting pro keys and looking for key-centric songs are huge time sinks, but I would hope that they could at least chart keytar, at least for the tracks that warrant it. Always wanted an RB3 version of Boston's Smokin', that song is begging for a key chart.
yakityyakblah  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gitarzann wrote:

Finally, why is it so difficult to find an Xbox One with a Kinect these days? Are they abandoning support for it and phasing it out? I'm trying to decide whether or not to get the version that comes with Kinect or the one without.

Yeah, they are. Kinect pushes their price above the PS4, and outside of Dance Central and Fantasia is completely useless for videogames. So they're phasing the bundles out to stay competitive. I'd suggest getting the one without a kinect, as I said the only games that were ever worth having for it were from Harmonix. And after getting fucked over by MS with an announcement that Kinect wont be a pack in just a few months before Fantasia's release, they aren't likely dumb enough to hitch their horse to that cart again.
yakityyakblah  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pig-serpent wrote:
And the downward spiral of wii owners not caring about rock band and Harmonix and Nintendo not getting along continues which means I'm 95% sure I'm not getting the new game. bummer, although I'm kinda excited to see what the setlist will look like.

The Wii-U is for playing Nintendo games and the one or two developers they buy. That's just a market reality, you buy a PS4/One/PC and then a Wii-U or you miss out.
toymachine  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boss1592 wrote:
singemfrc wrote:
After my abortion of a session playing (or attempting to play) vox on GH:WoR last night I hope the new GH game has an improved engine. I have no idea how people can FC these songs. I've FCd literally everything I've played on RB and literally nothing on GH, even the easiest songs.

Nooooooooooooo, do not touch the engine, the vox engine is a thing of the purest beauty (at least the GH5/BH one was, WoR was a little looser)

co-signed

#ThePassionateMinority
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You two are sadistic. You probably want the GH1 guitar engine back too.
Kubuh  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

singemfrc wrote:

I'd totally take a new game with the GH1 engine

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kubuh wrote:
singemfrc wrote:

I'd totally take a new game with the GH1 engine

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

singemfrc wrote:
I get that they dont want to produce more keyboard controllers and that charting pro keys and looking for key-centric songs are huge time sinks, but I would hope that they could at least chart keytar, at least for the tracks that warrant it. Always wanted an RB3 version of Boston's Smokin', that song is begging for a key chart.

I thought the master tracks for Smokin' weren't perfect, which is why it's one of the anomalies that charted keys to guitar in the first place anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yakityyakblah wrote:
The Wii-U is for playing Nintendo games and the one or two developers they buy. That's just a market reality, you buy a PS4/One/PC and then a Wii-U or you miss out.

I bought an Xbox 360 for rb2 when I saw the Wii version wouldn't hold up. Though I started with ps4 this gen i'll probably pickup an xbone for rb4 if I can swing it. There's been worse fates I suppose...

Oh and an update from pax east. Some score hero guys met Alex Rigopulos at the hmx company party. He told us vaugely that he is excited for features RB4 will implement for the competitive players like us. What ever that means... He was very friendly and chatted with us for a while but I'm not the best candidate to remember any details from that conversation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yakityyakblah wrote:
Pig-serpent wrote:
And the downward spiral of wii owners not caring about rock band and Harmonix and Nintendo not getting along continues which means I'm 95% sure I'm not getting the new game. bummer, although I'm kinda excited to see what the setlist will look like.

I'm so torn about what I want to do. I don't particularly want to buy an XBONE simply for RB4 (and the NHL games I guess) like I did for RB2 & 3. It sucks that the Wii U is not getting the game (I love my Wii U), but I do understand the logistics behind it.

In the end I will buy an XBONE but its not high on my priority list or anywhere even close to it. Need to buy a house first
Pig-serpent  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sukergod wrote:
yakityyakblah wrote:
Pig-serpent wrote:

I'm so torn about what I want to do. I don't particularly want to buy an XBONE simply for RB4 (and the NHL games I guess) like I did for RB2 & 3. It sucks that the Wii U is not getting the game (I love my Wii U), but I do understand the logistics behind it.

In the end I will buy an XBONE but its not high on my priority list or anywhere even close to it. Need to buy a house first

Yeah, the Wii U/ PC combo hits 98% of the games I want anyway. (Now that Blaz Blue is getting PC Ports RB4 is the only game I can think of that I can't play.)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TerminX13 wrote:
^agreed

For various reasons I thought the pro focus (and keys to a lesser extent) diluted Rock Band a bit. Sorry for you guys who are disappointed, but I think the game will be better off for it

Also I'm thrilled they didn't drop pro drums too. After playing pro drums, regular drums wouldn't even be worth playing imo lol

Anyway PLASTIC INSTRUMENTS (officially) COMING BACK
HYPE

That is such a hypocritical statement to make. You say we are better off without Pro Mode, but you go on to say thank god for Pro Drums...

Man... it seems to always be those who never touched Pro Guitar/Bass/Keys, or those who just completely suck at it who think they have the hands-on experience with it to knock it.

The only reason Pro Drums remains is because it is easy to chart. HMX dropped from about 100 staff members to more than half since RB3, thats including the team who worked on transcribing the songs for guitar, bass and keyboards. When they say we are focusing on "Core" modes, that is their way of rushing the product before the supposed release of the new guitar hero, they want a bigger piece of the market. Pro mode was THE essence of Rock Band 3, and those who didnt get in on the action were either intimidated, full of ego, stuck in the old times, or a mixture of the lot.

Rock Band 4....nope, more like RB2 remastered, with possibly more useless customisation features. The penny did drop however, when harmonix stated the core mode focuses on "Living in a fantasy rockstar world", and then I suddenly realised why people hate Pro Guitar, Bass, Keyboards, Drums (again, those who never tried it, or just completely suck it at)..... because they actually are wannabe's, and we ruin their little delusional fantasy that they are good "musicians".

The South Park episode "Guitar Queero" springs to mind
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 114, 115, 116  Next
Page 9 of 116

Jump to: