FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
New Rock Band coming to PS4/XB1 - Official, coming Oct 6th
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 114, 115, 116  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Midnight-Rider  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

singemfrc wrote:
After my abortion of a session playing (or attempting to play) vox on GH:WoR last night I hope the new GH game has an improved engine. I have no idea how people can FC these songs. I've FCd literally everything I've played on RB and literally nothing on GH, even the easiest songs.

And with that I must disagree (regarding WoR's engine at least, especially when compared to, say WT's engine). Then again, when you've been playing GH vox as much as I have...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So something came up in an IGN video talking about if a new Rock Band and Guitar Hero and exist and again and one of the guys said something in passing but really got me thinking. What if the new Guitar Hero and new Rock Band were really the same game? Developed by Harmonix, published by Activision. This is something I could actually see working. Because in my opinion, the competition between the two franchises played a big part in the downfall of the genre. So having just one band based music game franchise would be great news. I know this might be pretty farfetched to think that this would happen but perhaps this is what they meant when they had "grand plans" for the franchise. Food for thought.
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PlatStrat wrote:
So something came up in an IGN video talking about if a new Rock Band and Guitar Hero and exist and again and one of the guys said something in passing but really got me thinking. What if the new Guitar Hero and new Rock Band were really the same game? Developed by Harmonix, published by Activision. This is something I could actually see working. Because in my opinion, the competition between the two franchises played a big part in the downfall of the genre. So having just one band based music game franchise would be great news. I know this might be pretty farfetched to think that this would happen but perhaps this is what they meant when they had "grand plans" for the franchise. Food for thought.

It would be the smarter choice for them, so they aren't splitting the market between them, but my only problem with that is that I like how Guitar Hero plays more than Rock Band. There was always just abit more leeway in hitting the notes, where I felt Rock Band was more strict. It made Guitar Hero the overall more fun game to play.

I wouldn't hate the idea and in the end, I'd probably be fine with it as long as we get either one back. Oh and it should be Guitar Hero quality guitars. Rock Band had terrible guitars, so Acitivision keeping the guitar quality from their side would be best lol
Steebeh  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-03-05-rock-band-4-announced-for-this-year-on-ps4-and-xbox-one

Officially announced!
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: II Steebs II PSN Name: SGTV-Steebs
Kubuh  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Added the official announcement to the OP

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm..curious if I'll be able to transfer the tracks purchased on the 360 to the PS4, since that's the next-gen console I've been sticking with lately

Regardless, I'm excited to see the brand making a comeback

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: GackTMN
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.polygon.com/features/2015/3/5/8130935/rock-band-4-harmonix-ps4-xbox-one

"The push to get people learning how to play actual instruments will be set aside to focus on the arcade-style fun of the earlier titles."

Best news I've heard all day. IMO it's great they're leaving the guitar-learning-tool aspect to Rocksmith, and going back to their roots with making Rock Band a fun arcade/party game. I am beyond excited!

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
TerminX13  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^agreed

For various reasons I thought the pro focus (and keys to a lesser extent) diluted Rock Band a bit. Sorry for you guys who are disappointed, but I think the game will be better off for it

Also I'm thrilled they didn't drop pro drums too. After playing pro drums, regular drums wouldn't even be worth playing imo lol

Anyway PLASTIC INSTRUMENTS (officially) COMING BACK
HYPE

Twitter | Trollbean | RateYourMusic | Hummingbird
Accomplishments:
RB (Latest: 25 or 6 to 4)
GHL (Latest: GHL FGFC)

Greatest canine ever to play the plastic guitar
ShiftBreaker  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thrilled!

Annoyingly though my DLC and exports are a little scattered across accounts. (Blame PSN's sub/master accounts for that) DLC I can rebuy but I'm worried about not getting the exports working more than anything.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShiftBreaker wrote:
Thrilled!

Annoyingly though my DLC and exports are a little scattered across accounts. (Blame PSN's sub/master accounts for that) DLC I can rebuy but I'm worried about not getting the exports working more than anything.

They finally solved the sub account thing though! Only took them like 8 years

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That does kind of suck that there won't be keys support as I loved playing keys in RB3. I can understand getting rid of it and pro guest though. It would have taken a lot of resources they probably don't have any more to make those a reality.

But either way we still get Rock Band 4 so I'm excited to see what they have in store.
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GackTMN wrote:
Hmm..curious if I'll be able to transfer the tracks purchased on the 360 to the PS4, since that's the next-gen console I've been sticking with lately

Regardless, I'm excited to see the brand making a comeback
You're crazy if you think items bought on XBL will transfer to PSN or vice versa, but from the comments in the video it seems like they are at least going to try to make as much DLC as possible go from PS3 to PS4 or 360 to XB1.
ShiftBreaker  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kubuh wrote:
ShiftBreaker wrote:
Thrilled!

They finally solved the sub account thing though! Only took them like 8 years

I heard! A little late now for me, made a new account and spent a load on DLC, Rock Band or otherwise, but it's still good news.

Checking the cost of new copies of each game, it's not so bad. About 40 for new copies of Track Pack 2, AC/DC, Lego and Green Day...and exactly the same for Rock Band 2.

I hope there's an easier way. Maybe simply allow people to purchase the export or something. Assuming that I can't get three account's worth of DLC on one PS3 anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If all my old DLC on my 360 will transfer to my XB1 I will be pleased..if it doesn't I will be sad.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheHammer417 wrote:
If all my old DLC on my 360 will transfer to my XB1 I will be pleased..if it doesn't I will be sad.

It does.

4th ever DWDTG FC on November 27, 2010.
[2:32:10 PM] Alex (MoosieHD): Honestly spamming adds difficulty
[2:32:10 PM] Alex (MoosieHD): Methods are way easier
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 114, 115, 116  Next
Page 3 of 116

Jump to: