FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Airtrooper719's Pro Customs - (Avenged Sevenfold - Shepard of Fire)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Triblood  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've emailed you the 5 key midi's for those 2 songs, Air. If you need any of the RB2 songs i can extract them for you to play with ziggy's editor, just send me a list and i'll pull them.

You should have my email in your PM's too, columbo.
Airtrooper719  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Triblood wrote:
I've emailed you the 5 key midi's for those 2 songs, Air. If you need any of the RB2 songs i can extract them for you to play with ziggy's editor, just send me a list and i'll pull them.

Thanks dude but the problem is, if I cant repack it as it was originally theres no way for me to test it on my xbox lol AFAIK you can't take an individual import track out of its pack and have it load up as an individual song in rock band 3?? or am I wrong??
Triblood  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been able to extract the midi from songs, and make them into whole upgrade on it's own as an individual.

Ziggy's editor is glitchy, you can save the upgrade as a CON file itself with the upgrade information, you just need the song.dta so that it knows what song it's upgrading. The way to make it straight to a CON file, because of the glitch-y-ness, is that you have to (re)create and do a new upgrade while replacing the pro upgrade midi that you made before, then save as a CON file. You don't necessarily need to repack and rehash it to the original CON file of the song.

Edited in:
I probably explained that horribly. I'll try to do list style instead to make it more understandable

1) Extract the 5 key midi from the song you want to do
2) (Start) a "New" upgrade project, select the 5 key midi from the extraction, save the base pro.
3) Make the pro guitar upgrade
4) (This is where the glitch-y-ness comes in) if you've saved what you've worked on to continue later, and closed the program, it causes a save glitch for any existing saved projects if you save it straight to a CON file itself.

In order to get around that glitch, you have to do a "New" upgrade project again (i'd recommend making a new folder to hold it in for the time), after you go through the process of making the base pro upgrade, copy/paste the one you made into the new folder, re-open the new song again through the Song Library tab and it should load up the midi that you made. In the File drop down tabs, under save, you have "Save as CON package," which is where you can make individual upgrade saves. As long as the songs.dta is there during the CON package save and it can determine what song it's for, there shouldn't be any problems.

5) Import the CON package into your flash drive (I use horizon for anything importing/extracting to my flash drives on my xbox).
raynebc  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the bug you mentioned isn't on the ZPE's bug tracker (https://code.google.com/p/ziggy-pro-editor/issues/list), it may be worth adding it there.
columbo777  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

probably should log that, but even I use the C3tools to bundle the PRO with the CON file. I did alot of QC work with Trojan Nemo on that function in the C3tools, so I feel better about going that route.

If you havent downloaded the C3tools pack, you have no idea what you are missing...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Triblood wrote:

Do you still need those raw MIDI's from BYOB and (i forgot which others you asked for)?

If so let me know and I'll email them to you.
Airtrooper719  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Added:

The Acacia Strain - Dr. Doom (RBN)
Nonpoint - Bullet with a Name (RBN)
Nonpoint - Alive and Kicking (RBN)

Enjoy:)
Conker64  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So have you worked on some classic rock pro upgrades?
That Maiden stuff too obviously.
Airtrooper719  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conker64 wrote:

Nope
Conker64  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Airtrooper719 wrote:
Conker64 wrote:

Nope

That's alright.
avree  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is awesome.

I play PRO exclusively in Phase Shift, but haven't figured out how to upgrade songs without having the original CON file (without losing the regular instruments). Any idea how I could do this?

I'm using C3's CON tools.
avree  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've finished playing through almost all of these, and they're really well done, I'm impressed. I notice they seem to cap out at the 17th fret (guessing to avoid that 21 bug in RB3) so I've had to adjust from muscle memory some.

Either way, this is fantastic. Way better than I had expect, and it was really exciting to play some of the tunes I wished had PRO but didn't.

Thanks again! Hopefully I'll find a way to bundle them. For now, I'm using two different songs for PRO and non-PRO so I don't mess up online play.
avree  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Airtrooper719 wrote:
Triblood wrote:

Thanks dude but the problem is, if I cant repack it as it was originally theres no way for me to test it on my xbox lol AFAIK you can't take an individual import track out of its pack and have it load up as an individual song in rock band 3?? or am I wrong??

About this - You can use the CON tools to extract the bundle, grab the individual track, and then package it with the PRO upgrade. This is what I've been doing, and let's me get a unified .MID file when I extract it for use in third-party programs.

Sorry for spamming the threads. I've been playing non-stop since I got these upgrades. ^^
Airtrooper719  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

avree wrote:
I've finished playing through almost all of these, and they're really well done, I'm impressed. I notice they seem to cap out at the 17th fret (guessing to avoid that 21 bug in RB3) so I've had to adjust from muscle memory some.

Either way, this is fantastic. Way better than I had expect, and it was really exciting to play some of the tunes I wished had PRO but didn't.

Thanks again! Hopefully I'll find a way to bundle them. For now, I'm using two different songs for PRO and non-PRO so I don't mess up online play.

Thanks man, glad your having fun playing my Pro upgrades

In response to your latest reply, there are only a couple of charts with both 17 and 22 fret tabs. Most are 17 frets only to support the Fender Mustang pro guitar. For the most part, finger positions are transferrable to a 22-24 fret guitar, all you have to do is shift up an octave. If the chart is impossible to transcribe in that way (for example if the real guitar tab is up beyond the 17th fret of the high E) I will simply use the finger positioning and use the 10th fret as a decoy 17th fret.... (17+7=24 fret range.....10+7=17 fret range [mustang max])

e.g.

A real riff that could go:

e--17--20--19------------------
B----------------20--24--22----
G--------------------------------
D--------------------------------
A--------------------------------
E--------------------------------

Would be transcribed to:

e--10--13--12------------------
B----------------13--17--15---
G--------------------------------
D--------------------------------
A--------------------------------
E--------------------------------

So if you find yourself playing one of my tabs for real through an amplifier, and it sounds off, apply the above theory (move UP the fretboard/octave register) and you will be on the money (also bare in mind there are various different tunings applied on the real recorded guitars of these upgrades)

Hope that clears up any questions you may have had regarding not going beyond fret 17.

I haven't been too active on the forums lately due to the lack of mature members on here (and a temporary ban by a stuck up moderator), however, if you or anyone else has a request feel free to throw them on the boards, I wont always guarantee it will get written, but there have been many upgrades written in the past as a direct result of the users requests.
Airtrooper719  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Added - A7X Shepard of Fire.

All credits go to Jesterhead22096 for writing this upgrade (I have yet to try it as my pro guitar is broken)

If you enjoy be sure to throw him a thank you message on XBL. He has given me permission to share with you all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 14 of 15

Jump to: