FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
What do you want to see in Rock Band 4?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xGaberadex  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hewhoislikegod wrote:
xGaberadex wrote:
Learn how to read and the first sentence was only directed towards you, the other two were my opinion on what's quoted above.

The fact that I do know how to read is the at the base of my defense.

You first sentence was directed towards me and then there was no break in the paragraph, which means the rest was following the same point.

Maybe you should learn how to write so you don't confuse how others read. ;)

I still love you, though.
Obviously you know how to read (being really nice here), but not properly since if you actually read the OP about "ditching PRO", you'd know the next sentences weren't directly towards you...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I would rather a Rock Band where you ditch all the regular instruments and focus all on pro, a man can dream.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: johnlennon007 PSN Name: mrjohnlennon007
THABEAST721  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

singemfrc wrote:
THABEAST721 wrote:
Score duel pls. It was my favorite part of RB2 by a mile.
Yeah, I think this is a big reason why the franchises died out. If you look at the really successful games and franchises, competitive online gameplay is a huge driving force. I really don't know why they ditched such a fun aspect of RB2. Bringing back competitive gameplay and expanding it, I think, will be a huge key to the reception of RB4.

Yeah I was playing score duel on RB2 up until the day I left for college. I didn't play RB3 nearly as much as RB2 because it wasn't there. I would still buy the game if it didn't have it, but I would be a lot less satisfied with the game if they didn't have it.
Nubnut  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've gotta agree with bringing back the competitiveness of RB2. I'd also like to see something along http lines of an expanded world tour mode (the single player story thing in RB3 was awful, useless and could be completed in about 4 hours and you'd never return to it).
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
inv4der  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I distinctly remember HMX stating that they took out score duel because it was barely used. Something tells me that they probably had better statistics to base that on than we do.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brandon007 wrote:
Actually I would rather a Rock Band where you ditch all the regular instruments and focus all on pro, a man can dream.

This :drool:

Imagine if they did re-invent the legacy guitar/bass mode, whereby it was 10 notes on screen across 2x strings (5 notes on the E, 5 notes on the A top to bottom). (Utilised on Pro Guitar controller)

This way you could really play mini-powerchords and mini scales. And it would even teach non-guitarplayers the very basics of playing a real guitar.
Midnight-Rider  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, another thing: please, please, please get rid of lanes.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Midnight-Rider wrote:
Oh yeah, another thing: please, please, please get rid of lanes.
Or they could just fix them like they did with talkies prior to RB3.
THABEAST721  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really care about pro mode at all. I don't want to learn to play a real guitar. I have fun playing the video game part of it. If I want to play a real guitar, I will just pick one up and start messing around with it. My favorite type of video game doesn't need to become a tool to teach people how to play musical instruments.
FL4RE  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brandon007 wrote:

Let me direct you towards something that fulfills those requirements.

Seriously, that would be a dumb idea. Having pro-mode as an addition is enough methinks.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those who don't care about pro mode, what draws you back into the game on a regular basis, excluding weekly DLC? For me, pro mode is what kept things going for me because I knew I wasn't going to get significantly better (or rather put that much more time and effort into it as I do have a life) at the regular instrument modes. Sure I could try to gold star everything or try to FC the on disc songs but getting a good score was never really a selling point for me.

At least with pro mode, I was both getting a challenge and the closest thing to date (barring Rocksmith) to actually playing an instrument in a video game. Being able to learn all kinds of songs, especially those I wouldn't have even heard of outside of this game, is very rewarding. And speaking of Rocksmith, as good as that game is, it doesn't give you the feeling of being part of a band like Rock Band does. There is no real vocals mode and no drums or keyboard in the game so in all honestly the two games aren't that comparable. They're both trying to do different things.

Anyway, I still feel HMX needs to do something big in order to gain back it's audience and sticking with the same old 5 button plastic instruments IMO isn't going to do it. They need to do something fresh and new so that it will bring in both new and old fans and continue to be a viable franchise.
inv4der  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As someone who never really played a pro mode (despite owning a keyboard controller since Oct 26th 2010) but still has played the games to this day since early 2008, I can say that having a library of nearly 1500 songs and playing every instrument on expert has been more than enough to keep me occupied.

I've only really been semi-serious about OMBs, and I tend to not even bothered with songs that would be freebies, but I have about 170 OMBs, some of which are quite decent for my skill level.

I've also run the Bass hardest FC list since like 2010 or something, and for a time it was quite a bit of work running it. These days it's not gotten an update in like two years. (I'm planning for a final update someday.)

So really, you don't need pro or weekly DLC to get years of play out of the game, and any GH fan could tell you that much. It's all about how you approach the games.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An argument could be made against those who just want legacy instruments. If you want to play legacy, you have multiple previous titles plus Guitar Hero to play. Removing pro would just be wrong after implementing it already. I won't say I want legacy gone since I still do play it myself but pro should exist as well especially since pro is the reason the community has been interesting for the past 4 years.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: johnlennon007 PSN Name: mrjohnlennon007
Airtrooper719  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THABEAST721 wrote:
I don't really care about pro mode at all. I don't want to learn to play a real guitar. I have fun playing the video game part of it. If I want to play a real guitar, I will just pick one up and start messing around with it. My favorite type of video game doesn't need to become a tool to teach people how to play musical instruments.

Pro Mode isn't for teaching regardless, how can you teach an instrument to somebody without any real-time sonic feedback (rocksmith is the best option for this, but even then that game is a piece of ****). Its for those who already play professionally and the 5 buttons just doesnt cut it for them. So for that reason, you don't need to get so butthurt. I like to think of it as a glorified Guitar Pro 5 software (interactive guitar tab software on PC)

This is not guitar hero, im sure they will release a new one of those in the future, in which case, nobody need worry about pro mode because it never was an innovation with those titles, Rock Band however, has innovated it and should therefore keep going with it.

There has always been a rivalry between pure-legacy and pure-pro players on Rock Band 3, I see it first hand every week, people quit out of the game because they are too intimidated to see a Pro Guitarist/Bassist come into the game, its always the same people, the ones who have RB3 DLC, acheivments, etc plastered all over their BIO (hardcore RB players) Of course its going to happen, since the days of Guitar Hero, it has always been a competitive scene (despite there being no competitive types on RB3 other than the leaderboard trackers). The last thing the people who are good at legacy mode want to see, is somebody pi55ing on their parade with a 6 string and 127 additional finger positions to be playing with, as well as real musical knowlege of the songs they are playing.

This is the problem I am beginning to see with some of these anti-pro comments, I feel you are worried that the pro-instrument scene is going to steal the limelight from what was always a competitive community (thats why most of you are here on this forum, legacy and pro players alike).

I cannot play pro keys to save my life, nor can I sing even basic vox.... for this reason I find it very entertaining to play with these instruments and see them do well, its inspiring.

Now why is it, that the Pro-"flagship" instrument, cannot have the same effect on people???...

Its because it makes people feel intimidated, that they are trying to enjoy guitar on their rockband controllers, yet somebody else has just joined their game/party with the real thing. Tell-tale signs have always been the usual, kicked from party, rapidly leaving the party, deleting your songs, picking extremely hard songs straight away, forcing the pro strings into pro bass mode etc. I have seen it all in my very small 12 months of playing pro guitar mode (as a guitarist with over 10 years experience on and off).

Its always nice to get people like ************* who I met last week, and she was very polite about me playing Pro Guitar, for this reason, of course I was happy to also return the favour and let her play guitar parts between sets. She asked me if she could stop playing her parts to watch me play mine as she was inspired by it, to the point she wants to buy one of my spare pro guitars.... this is what Rock Band should be to me, bringing people together, WE ALL ENJOY THE SAME MUSIC FFS, REGARDLESS WHAT YOUR PLAYING IT ON!!! nowadays, its turning into something rotten (not all the time, but there seems to be a lot of ****heads floating around worshipdrag...**coughcough**)
yakityyakblah  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alternity wrote:
Score Duels, REAL INSTRUMENT COMPATIBILITY (It's kind of required, with all those actual guitar games now...), please take your time with RB4, don't release it early like RB3, aka get rid of the bugs before releasing; TEST IT ADEQUATELY.

That's about all I ask, minus backward DLC compatibility, but we all know it probably won't happen.

Small point to make. Usually bugs making it into a shipped game aren't a matter of detecting them, QA usually does a pretty good job of catching things. What usually happens is that closer to launch those bugs get deemed as a "known shippable" that they just don't feel is worth delaying the game to fix. Especially now that they can just patch it after the game is released. If a dev is really quick with a patch, especially a day one patch, it most likely means they were aware of the bug and decided to send the game to certification with it. Then during the time between certification, printing, and release, they were working on a patch for the game. That's for single player bugs at least. Multiplayer is more just a matter of not being able to test the game in real world circumstances until it's launched.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: