FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
YRG-1000 G2 "Pro Guitar" - I have some questions...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Airtrooper719  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:55 pm    Post subject: YRG-1000 G2 "Pro Guitar" - I have some questions.. Reply with quote

"RayneBC" I seen you over at the YRG forums, I assume you have alot of experience with these?? If you stumble on this thread, I would highly appreciate your advice :)

My question is did they ever patch the issue where RB3 was fetching 17-fret tabs for the YRG attached, or does it now give you the full 22-fret tabs?

I am looking to upgrade from my mustang, for the sole purpose that it is no longer fit for purpose, I need something that can take more of a hammering, feels more authentic and feels more like I am strumming/fretting a guitar.

By all means, If I do happen to find a Squier, I will buy it in the next 4-5 weeks but will be used for RB3 pro only. However, as they were discontinued literally even before I knew the RB3 game existed!! its highly unlikely and therefore will have to settle for the next best thing.

If anyone can answer them (in comparison to the Pro Mustang):

- String tension? How does it feel in comparison
- Frets, can you feel the kink of a string (although artificial) under those fretwires?
- Hit detection, does it have problems with dropping notes that were definately hit?
- GRYBO Mode - does it drop notes like crazy, like the mustang does (especially on the upstrokes)?

Would really appreciate any help, although the pro guitar community is very tight-knit in RB3, im hoping to bump into someone with experience on here with this MIDI guitar. Thanks for reading nonetheless.
raynebc  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never heard back so I strongly doubt YRG fixed that bug with the guitar's communication. You're still stuck using the trick to fool RB3 into giving you 22 fret charts, I believe it was along the lines of leave the YRG disconnected from the MIDI pro adapter long enough to start a pro guitar chart and when the game doesn't see any guitar talking it will assume 22 fret guitar for the remainder of the controller's session.

I honestly haven't used it enough to warrant buying it, but it's a neat little thing to have just in case. Squiers are so limited in functionality, quality and availability as it is I think the YRG would be better for use in game. It has lots of customizable features.

The string tension that mine has by default feels nice and tight, almost like a real guitar being fretted at the high end of the fret board. It is undeniably better than the Mustang's tension.

At each fret, the fret-button mesh rises slightly so you can feel when your finger slides over the fret. It's a very smooth, soft rubber though so I can't imagine it ever hurting as much as metal strings.

I haven't used it enough to compare hit detection, although I'm entirely certain it will be more accurate. Their website indicates the configuration software allows you to adjust the sensitivity of each string, and also mentions a crosstalk sensitivity setting.

For GRYBO, I no reason to doubt it would be more accurate, if for no reason other than how you can change the string tensions and sensitivities to your liking.
Airtrooper719  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raynebc wrote:
I never heard back so I strongly doubt YRG fixed that bug with the guitar's communication. You're still stuck using the trick to fool RB3 into giving you 22 fret charts, I believe it was along the lines of leave the YRG disconnected from the MIDI pro adapter long enough to start a pro guitar chart and when the game doesn't see any guitar talking it will assume 22 fret guitar for the remainder of the controller's session.

I honestly haven't used it enough to warrant buying it, but it's a neat little thing to have just in case. Squiers are so limited in functionality, quality and availability as it is I think the YRG would be better for use in game. It has lots of customizable features.

The string tension that mine has by default feels nice and tight, almost like a real guitar being fretted at the high end of the fret board. It is undeniably better than the Mustang's tension.

At each fret, the fret-button mesh rises slightly so you can feel when your finger slides over the fret. It's a very smooth, soft rubber though so I can't imagine it ever hurting as much as metal strings.

I haven't used it enough to compare hit detection, although I'm entirely certain it will be more accurate. Their website indicates the configuration software allows you to adjust the sensitivity of each string, and also mentions a crosstalk sensitivity setting.

For GRYBO, I no reason to doubt it would be more accurate, if for no reason other than how you can change the string tensions and sensitivities to your liking.

Thanks for responding, it has been a helpful reply!

I am delighted to hear the string tension is more realistic and that you can infact feel the frets under your fingers.

That in itself is enough to warrant me buying it, particularly if I cannot find a used Squier, but even still I have a few buddies that own the Squier, and it has been collecting dust, they choose to play the Mustang instead of it because they told me there is no truss rod, and because of this the action can be fairly high and neck quite wobbly when played aggressively. It will be a tough decision indeed!

The absolute main reasons I want to upgrade is to get access to 22-fret charts and have a more authentic feel with strumming/picking, so I think you have answered them just the way I wanted to hear it.

Hate to ask you again about this, but with regards to leaving the YRG disconnected and tricking the game, does this have to be done per song, or per setlist? I play online with friends more than I do on solo play and was wondering if I need to disconnected it every song, or just on the first song of a set?

Either way, I only really "need" the 22 fret charts for the higher tier songs, Freebird and Beast and the Harlot in particular. Possibly Rainbow in the Dark, but I wonder if that even uses a fret above 17 on that insane solo?

Thanks
raynebc  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the trick lasts your entire Rock Band session, probably unless your controller disconnects in which case you'd probably just have to trick the game again. I haven't done any formal checks, but I wouldn't expect many of the game's songs to go above fret 17 except for solos.
Airtrooper719  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

raynebc wrote:
I think the trick lasts your entire Rock Band session, probably unless your controller disconnects in which case you'd probably just have to trick the game again. I haven't done any formal checks, but I wouldn't expect many of the game's songs to go above fret 17 except for solos.

Ok thanks for that \m/\m/
rrwoods  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raynebc wrote:

There are plenty of songs that go above 17 outside the solo. Notably, "Wanted Dead or Alive"'s trademark section is charted an octave lower for the Mustang controller.
Airtrooper719  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rrwoods wrote:
raynebc wrote:

There are plenty of songs that go above 17 outside the solo. Notably, "Wanted Dead or Alive"'s trademark section is charted an octave lower for the Mustang controller.

I noticed that, starts off on 56(eB) and works its way down to 31(eB)...doesn't feel right. Should start on 1617(eB) if im not mistaken?

What I really want though is the 22 fret freebird tab. Im trying to gain a full game gold star on RB3, and I have 3 songs left that I cannot get gold... rainbow in the dark, freebird and 25 or 6 to 4.

From my best guess all 3 of these are charted slightly different for the mustang? Possibly 25 or 6 to 4 is the same, but I know freebird is octaved down and maybe a lick or 2 on rainbow.

But all in all, my mustang just feels horrible now, I dont really get that enjoyment from playing pro guitar like i used to, 1 set and im bored. Hopefully changing guitars will make it enjoyable again.
Airtrooper719  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Airtrooper719 wrote:
rrwoods wrote:
raynebc wrote:

I noticed that, starts off on 56(eB) and works its way down to 31(eB)...doesn't feel right. Should start on 1617(eB) if im not mistaken?

What I really want though is the 22 fret freebird tab. that quickfire lick spanning 3 strings... 3-6p3-5-3-6p3-5-3-6p3-5 (the octaved version) is hard as hell to keep a streak on, Im used to that lick being played up near 17-19 (17-20p17-18b-17-20p17-18b-17-20p17-18b) Im trying to gain a full game gold star on RB3, and I have 3 songs left that I cannot get gold... rainbow in the dark, freebird and 25 or 6 to 4.

From my best guess all 3 of these are charted slightly different for the mustang? Possibly 25 or 6 to 4 is the same, but I know freebird is octaved down and maybe a lick or 2 on rainbow.

But all in all, my mustang just feels horrible now, I dont really get that enjoyment from playing pro guitar like i used to, 1 set and im bored. Hopefully changing guitars will make it enjoyable again.

Edit
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: