FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
lpunderground19's Customs (April 7- Hey Ya and Heart Attack by 1D)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lpunderground19  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: lpunderground19's Customs (April 7- Hey Ya and Heart Attack Reply with quote

I haven’t really posted on here in a while, I made custom songs on the GH side in the past and started making some Rock Band customs in the past few months once school settled down. I figured I might as well share what I have since DLC has been cut-off.

Magma, RB3Maker, Modio, and something like Audacity (to add silence to the audio) would be required to set these up. The midi’s were made in Reaper so I’ve always made the .rba file in Magma (there shouldn't be any errors) and used the “Convert RBA” feature in RB3Maker; I know there are other ways to do it but that will definitely work. All of the mp3’s I used were either purchased on iTunes or ripped directly from the CD.

The instruments I have completed for each song are listed. Any instrument for any song I make has all four difficulties. No animations; I let Magma generate them. I had animations/crowd cues/lighting on one song and never noticed it while playing, so I quit doing them (I have limited time with school and just wanted to play them). The song only has charted harmonies if I make a note of it (like with “Thrift Shop”), otherwise (like with “I Kissed a Girl”) it does not. Pro Keys exist but are only the legacy keys charts copy/pasted to make Magma happy, so they are in no way accurate. For songs with charted drums, I do not have a drum set so if there are issues with them let me know (as they have not been tested). Otherwise all instruments and vocals have been tested and work well (in my opinion).

I have no way of filming these so no previews, sorry.

I alternate between doing songs of my choosing and songs of my girlfriend's choosing. Here's what on deck:

"One Angry Dwarf and 200 Solemn Faces" by Ben Folds Five (I have sheet music so I'm gonna try pro keys on it, never done those before so we'll see how it turns out. You don't NOT do pro keys on Ben Folds Five)
"Rock Me" by One Direction
"Fooling Yourself" by Styx

SONGS I'VE KINDA DONE (can be uploaded in their present condition if requested)
-The first song I ever made was "Given Up" by Linkin Park (noticed that it was in the list of releases for The Rapture, no sense putting it up)
-Three guitar-only songs: "In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3" by Coheed and Cambria, "When Two Are One" by Atreyu, and "Jeremiad" by Byzantine. Made these to play with my brother over spring break, intend on finishing them (at least the bass and drums) eventually.
-Did G/B/D for "What's Up?" by 4 Non Blondes but I know a few customs of it exist

FINISHED CUSTOMS:
"Thrift Shop" by Macklemore and Ryan Lewis f/ Wanz
Source: purchased on iTunes
Silence added: 3 seconds
Instruments available: Drums (with pro), keys, vocals (Three-part harmonies)
Recommended difficulties:
Drums: OOOO
Keys: O
Vocals: O
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?q278omunft0q9jq
I tried the best I could with the lyrics, a lot of sites don't agree. One of the harmony parts has "hmm hmm" where I just couldn't tell what was being whispered (right after the "I'm at the Goodwill you can find me in the..")

"I Kissed a Girl" by Katy Perry
Source: ripped from CD in iTunes
Silence added: 3.6 seconds
Instruments available: Guitar, bass, drums (with pro), keys, vocals
Guitar: OO
Bass: OO
Drums: OOO
Keys: OOO
Vocals: OOOO
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?c2s0qainc4qu622

"Hey Ya!" by Outkast
Source: purchased on iTunes (The "Radio Mix/Club Mix")
Silence added: 3.29 seconds
Instruments available: Guitar, bass, drums (with pro? no cymbals in the song), keys, vocals (Three-part harmonies)
Guitar: O
Bass: OO
Drums: zero
Keys: zero
Vocals: OOOO
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?cpuboa11wgi14cd
There's a line in the bridge (you all probably know it) where Andre repeats "Alright" over and over again. When I tested it, the words disappear toward the end. I set the vocal scroll speed to fast and checked Reaper to make sure there were lyrics there (there are), but if you encounter this issue it's been noted and I'm not sure what to do about it.

"Heart Attack" by One Direction
Source: ripped from CD in iTunes
Silence added: 4.848 seconds
Instruments available: Guitar, bass, drums (with pro), keys, vocals
Guitar: OOO
Bass: OOO
Drums: OOO
Keys: O
Vocals: OOO
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?obgt5s1k8zjmhtv

Like I said before, if there are any issues please let me know. Hope you enjoy, thanks![/b]

Last edited by lpunderground19 on Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:14 pm; edited 7 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Diemon Dave
lpunderground19  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two new songs to put up: Hey Ya! by Outkast and Heart Attack by One Direction. I can explain: I mostly play Rock Band with my girlfriend and she requested that I do it. Again, any issues with those let me know.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Diemon Dave
trojannemo  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

some very cool songs. I absolutely LOVE that Macklemore song, so i'm looking forward to playing them.

i'm going to give them a quick workover and make some changes to get them to compile in Magma.

- started with Thrift Shop and while the charts looked fine...I've modified it way too much for the post. PM me if you'd like specifics.

I'll be posting the compiled cons over at the other forum for people to enjoy (with credit to you obviously). I know we can't share cons here but if you'd like the updated project or a link to the con in PM for your use let me know.

P.S. I have acapella/instrumental audio for the Katy Perry song - that's next.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are awesome!!!
trojannemo  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

here we go, all done:

I don't think I can post links, but to the OP, thanks very much for these, I can send you the projects for each if you'd like. It's obvious you didn't run these through Magma, but your charting is very good! looking forward to your other work.

Last edited by trojannemo on Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: TrojanNemo
lpunderground19  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it's been brought to my attention my trojannemo above that the midi's I uploaded cause problems in Magma (thanks for letting me know), I used the same exact ones that led to playable songs on my Xbox (I ran them through Magma too, which is what's strange to me). I'll download each of them and try to build an rba file from it, see what errors come up, and try to fix them. Sorry about that!

And Ben Folds Five is almost done (guitar/bass/legacy keys done, drums half-way), but due my Fundamentals of Engineering exam tomorrow and a lot of work in the next week it might be a while before it's totally finished. I will at least address the midi's this afternoon.
trojannemo  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I updated Hey Ya to have pro keys. See the image above! Use the same links I sent ya via PM to get the file and update your midi.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any chance of Heart Attack getting Harmonies?
AkiraNomuraBCN  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you chart Last Friday Night by Katy Perry?
B4MV  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No idea if you'll read this, but PLEASE finish When Two Are One..
:]

Or release it the way it is and I'll mess with it.
markslc1  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:10 pm    Post subject: links Reply with quote

I see the links to mid files but where are the rcon file links for these?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: