FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
"Woah" phrases - Beast and the Harlot

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slashn0  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:12 am    Post subject: "Woah" phrases - Beast and the Harlot Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm trying to FC Beast and the Harlot on vocals, and I'm at the point where I can hit most of the phrases most of the time, but the "Woah" phrases where it goes from about halfway through the track to the top are being very hard. I've practiced them a bit in practice, and I get an "okay" or "weak" most of the time. I did get a "strong" once, but that was very lucky. Does anyone who has FC'd this song have any advice on these phrases?

Guitar Hero + Rock Band Expert Drums Dual FSFC - September 21st, 2017
10,000 unique expert GH/RB FCs - May 18th, 2022
Videos: http://www.YouTube.com/dayzeed
FC spreadsheet: https://bit.ly/FCs
Proud lefty who conformed to right-handed mode... show some respect! ;)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: slashno PSN Name: slashno
avree  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're rough, and you can try focusing on the beginning and ending pitches. Try and sing the "Woah!" through the center of your vocal register, from low to high. I'd recommend avoiding the tendency to sing "up into" the lyrics. You'll have more control singing "down into" the note.

Better yet, start singing this a bit early, making sure your starting intonation is correct. Ensure you're warming up correctly. This could be an easy way to mess up your voice, if you jump straight into practice mode when you start singing. In practice mode, begin a few phrases early with the pitch guide enabled, so your ears and muscle memory have some context.

If you're still not hitting it, despite your ear telling you otherwise, you may need to try different calibration settings. Incorrect calibration can go unnoticed until you start dropping short phrases. I'd recommend using the direct audio output on your console, along with some headphones.
slashn0  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

avree wrote:
They're rough, and you can try focusing on the beginning and ending pitches. Try and sing the "Woah!" through the center of your vocal register, from low to high. I'd recommend avoiding the tendency to sing "up into" the lyrics. You'll have more control singing "down into" the note.

Better yet, start singing this a bit early, making sure your starting intonation is correct. Ensure you're warming up correctly. This could be an easy way to mess up your voice, if you jump straight into practice mode when you start singing. In practice mode, begin a few phrases early with the pitch guide enabled, so your ears and muscle memory have some context.

If you're still not hitting it, despite your ear telling you otherwise, you may need to try different calibration settings. Incorrect calibration can go unnoticed until you start dropping short phrases. I'd recommend using the direct audio output on your console, along with some headphones.

Hey! Thanks, good to get a response. I'll keep you updated on my progress.

Guitar Hero + Rock Band Expert Drums Dual FSFC - September 21st, 2017
10,000 unique expert GH/RB FCs - May 18th, 2022
Videos: http://www.YouTube.com/dayzeed
FC spreadsheet: https://bit.ly/FCs
Proud lefty who conformed to right-handed mode... show some respect! ;)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: slashno PSN Name: slashno
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: