FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Question about wired RB guitar on Craigslist.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
greenbaymackey  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:20 pm    Post subject: Question about wired RB guitar on Craigslist. Reply with quote

I don't have any experience with wired guitars or Rock Band guitars. I've only ever had GH guitars. I'm considering buying the wired 360 guitar for 5 bucks from this guy: Craigslist guy, but I'm unsure about the "missing the little part of the wire, that hooks into the 360's USB port." thing.

I'm assuming it's a missing dongle? If that's the case, the question I have for you guys is this: Will the dongle from my RB1 drumkit work with that guitar?

I've sent the guy an email asking for a picture of the end of the cable to make sure it isn't just broken at the end or something. If it doesn't work, I'm only out 5 bucks, but I figured I would see if I could get a reply here before I went to get the guitar.
raynebc  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's probably talking about the breakaway cable:
http://www.amazon.com/HDE-Xbox-360-USB-Breakaway-Cable/dp/B0046RMJRU

Xbox 360 doesn't use dongles, all wireless controllers are able to natively connect to the console.
greenbaymackey  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I don't know what a dongle is, because that is exactly the thing I was thinking of. Looks like I'm getting a new guitar. Thanks for your help.
Airtrooper719  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

greenbaymackey wrote:
I guess I don't know what a dongle is, because that is exactly the thing I was thinking of. Looks like I'm getting a new guitar. Thanks for your help.

Yeah its the breakaway cable, they are universal so yes your drumkit one will work with it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: