FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Cult of Personality Pro Bass

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
expertwin  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:58 am    Post subject: Cult of Personality Pro Bass Reply with quote

How the heck are you supposed to play the 3-5-3 riff. Are you supposed to barre the third fret and hold the fifth, or are you supposed to play all frets with one finger. When I barre the third fret, it's hard for my finger to hit the D string.
2015/09/20 The date I became Free Bird #200

@ataeaf=My Twitter. RB Accomps. GH Accomps. Nobody reads them.
voidedalive2x wrote:
of COURSE it's doable, you ninny! Don't you cop out on me now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: WorthBestGamer
kingyami3  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barring the third fret would be easiest, yes. Alternatively, you could finger it 1-3-1. It comes down to preference here.

Last edited by kingyami3 on Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:44 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kingyami3SH
Brandon007  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For that riff, definitely barre since there are no open notes like on guitar but use your ring finger to hit the 5th fret just so you aren't straining your middle depending on how large your hand is.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: johnlennon007 PSN Name: mrjohnlennon007
expertwin  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried barring the sequence, but my finger ends up muting the D string and hits the G string (I'm trying to play it on a real, four-string bass)
2015/09/20 The date I became Free Bird #200

@ataeaf=My Twitter. RB Accomps. GH Accomps. Nobody reads them.
voidedalive2x wrote:
of COURSE it's doable, you ninny! Don't you cop out on me now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: WorthBestGamer
Brandon007  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if that is the case, try using your index for both 3 fret notes and your ring for the 5th
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: johnlennon007 PSN Name: mrjohnlennon007
ryanlee  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My hands harden when I first played guitar. But after learning it is a big success. Some people may think that the life of a touring musician is glamorous and also rewarding, but its anything but. The cost of touring for a rock band or whatever is really fairly high and very few tours really make huge amounts of money, except for the very top tier of artists.
googleimage  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find the pinky best for the 5th fret. Using the ring hurts like hell by the end of the song if you're doing a 3rd-fret barre.
smokyprogg  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryanlee wrote:
My hands harden when I first played guitar. But after learning it is a big success. Some people may think that the life of a touring musician is glamorous and also rewarding, but its anything but. The cost of touring for a rock band or whatever is really fairly high and very few tours really make huge amounts of money, except for the very top tier of artists.

lmao
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: