FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Pro Guitar - Green Grass and High Tides (upgrade)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Airtrooper719  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conker64 wrote:
It is a ton of fun but Green Grass & High Tides was always one of my absolute favorites so I eagerly anticipate the release (bass is not that important for now,I mean it can be added sometime down the line).
Appreciate it!

IMO theres parts of Green Grass that looks a bit of a pain in the behind so far that Ive written it (talking about the solo only) the rhythm bits look really fun though. Most of the solo is country style, being loads of 2nd fret bends and open notes. Im having to replace the bends for whole step notes i.e. fret 4 for a 2nd fret bend. Not so bad when you can hear your ouput, but I can see it being a nightmare to play on rock band when the only real timing cue you have is visually or by feel, we will soon see though, hopefully turns out to be a great addition to my collection.

I will try to throw in some extra HOPO notes in the harder scale runs etc as I know having a tight picking pattern on the mustang in particular isn't always an easy task with those loose nylon strings.

So far the solo has been interpretted only by ear, but so far it looks like they are mainly playing in the pentatonic minor, almost has an improvised session feel to it, so at least I have a reference to go off.
Prince-Damian  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please stick to the rules set by Harmonix while charting, meaning if there is a band on the 2nd fret and it reaches higher pitches you need to use the same note throughout, many charters often make mistake of charting frets higher instead of a proper bend, it's the proper approach.
Looking forward to see the end result
Airtrooper719  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prince-Damian wrote:
Please stick to the rules set by Harmonix while charting, meaning if there is a band on the 2nd fret and it reaches higher pitches you need to use the same note throughout, many charters often make mistake of charting frets higher instead of a proper bend, it's the proper approach.

Thanks for clearing that up mate. I always wondered what they done for bends. Is that from you analysing the official charts or is there literally a harmonix "naming convention" somewhere on here for tabbing?

If it means rewriting parts of the tab to make it more official looking its worth putting the extra time in.

Also anybody have a clue how to place an arpeggio path on the chart?? It looks more pleasing to play and makes a little more sense to see the chord root at the start of a progression... i cant find an option in ZPE for this??

Hopefully someone can tell me this before i complete green grass, as there are generous amounts of arpeggios in the song that may confuse some while sightreading without having played it in practice mode
raynebc  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ziggy's editor supposedly does support arpeggios, but I don't use it so I can't really say how to use it to add them.

If you have to resort to editing the MIDI, notes 32, 56, 80 and 104 are the arpeggio markers for easy, medium, hard and expert difficulties, respectively. To author the arpeggio, you place the appropriate marker note from the base chord to the end of the last note within the arpeggio. Then the base chord has to be notated so that all strings that aren't played at the immediate beginning of the arpeggio are written as ghost notes (written to channel 1) instead of normal notes (written to channel 0).

You could also import it into EOF to add the tremolos and other stuff like chord names, but timings may move as much as 0.5ms each because EOF stores everything in milliseconds instead of delta timing.
Airtrooper719  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that. It kind of makes sense, but not enough at the moment so I think I'll just leave it the way it is without the arpeggio markers. Ill mess about with it some more later this week on a test track, see if I can get it down for whenever I get around to charting behind blue eyes which I'd love to make available on pro.

To be honest the chord arpeggios should still make sense to people as Im only tabbing the expert difficulty, and I cant see anybody being able to play this unless they already have a good knowlege of their chords and scales so they should know the difference between a chord arpeggio and a sweep-type arpeggio (staccato between notes effect) on the chart....hopefully lol
raynebc  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may be able to manually place the appropriate chord name at the beginning of the arpeggio, ie. maybe something like "[Amaj]" to let the player know.
Airtrooper719  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Song is complete and tested, boy thats a hard one took roughly 18-24 hours to chart!

Also uploaded Pearl Jam - Jeremy, enjoy
columbo777  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prince-Damian wrote:

This is a great point, although sometimes I'll mark the bend as a slide so that player will know its not just a straight note
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: